Baylor Hires Temple Coach Matt Rhule

4 Star RB from Wylie HS Eno Benjamin will make his choice Saturday at the All Star game.

Benjamin will select between Arizona State, Utah, Michigan, Baylor and Texas on Saturday.

EB5™ Verified account
@eno_benjamin5

Benjamin selected Arizona State and then promptly injured his leg, limped off the field, during the All-Star game.

Good luck to the kid.

4* DE Justin Harris (East Ascension, La) 6-6 250 has closed his recruitment with a Final Four of Baylor, LSU, Ole Miss and Purdue.

https://mobile.twitter.com/i_BallHard21?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Justin Harris, East Ascension, Strong-Side Defensive End

Offers from: UCF, Kansas, La Tech, Miss St, Rutgers and others.

Temple fan
(116 points)
My Mood
Yeehaw
Justin Harris, the 4* DE out of Louisiana was a Temple target. Originally scheduled an OV to Temple this weekend, he scrapped those plans after the coaching change. Don't know much about him other than he was a huge Tiger lean up until the country bumpkin took over after Les Miles. Don't think he ever officially has been offered by LSU. Solid relationship with Robinson and Cooper. Baylor offered and he decommits from UCF. Think you guys are certainly in it. Ole Miss is the biggest concern without an LSU offer. He'll commit on the spot with an LSU offer IMO.

Last edited:
Dead Period ends tomorrow. Time to start getting into homes and really recruit.

Last edited:
JUCO kid from College of San Mateo, CA - could step right into a job. 6'7, 308, T/G

George Moore #77
‏@G_Mo74
Blessed with a offer from Baylor blessed thank God ������������! @JuCoFootballACE @coachTcsm @BUFootball

George Moore - Hudl

C0K7bgXUQAEt8T6.jpg

Zay �� ‏@XavierNewman55 Dec 18
Blessed to recieve an offer from Baylor Unviersity ��

2016 Accomplishments
-----
District Champs:✔
State Championship:✔
16-0:✔
First Team All-State:✔
First Team All-District: ✔
All American:✔

Xavier Newman - Hudl

Originally Posted by Assassin View Post

DeSoto G/T All American Xavier Newman just decommited from Colorado. We recently offered... hmm...
coming in for an official visit next weekend.

Shades of Coach McGuire!

Xavier Newman, DeSoto, Offensive Guard

Offers from: A&M, Texas, OU, Arizona St, Illinois, Iowa St, KState, Miss St, Minnesota, Missouri, UNC, Texas Tech and others.

Last edited:
Baylor's newest QB pledge @CBrewer16 set the national record for completion percentage in a season at 77.4% in 2016

Temple fan
(116 points)
My Mood
Yeehaw
Keep an eye on DE Tyree Johnson, a Texas A&M commit out of the DMV. He'll be visiting A&M soon but may make a pit stop at Baylor. Coaching staff (Temple)was on him hard while they were here and have maintained contact. Not sure if he has officially received a Baylor offer though.

Tyree Johnson, St. John's College HS, Weak-Side Defensive End UA AA from Washington DC:

Offers from: Temple, Baylor, Auburn, Maryland, Michigan St, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisville, Miami, UNC, Ole Miss, Pitt, USCe, TCU, Tennessee, Texas, A&M, Va Tech and many others.

Mike Wallace ‏@mikewaaalllace 9m9 minutes ago
Just got off FT with a real Big-Time Player from Cali!!! #CaliforniaLove + #BaylorLit

Alief Taylor C/O 2017||All American||OL|| 6'4 290lbs||

Eleasah Anderson
‏@EleasahAnderson
I am So Blessed and Honored this late night to receive my 30th offer from Baylor University!!!! #SicEmSquad17 ���� @CoachMattRhule

Page Not Found - Hudl

Top Sports Searches - ESPN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N85aUEMN2yw

Runtime Error - MaxPreps

Eleasah Anderson, Alief Taylor, Offensive Tackle
Official Visit Jan 13th

Other offers: TCU, Houston, Kansas, KState, Okie Lite and others.

4* WR Omar Manning 6-3 214

Omar Manning, Lancaster, Wide Receiver

"ESPN 300 WR Omar Manning is firmly committed to TCU but said he's still considering Baylor, Ole Miss and Texas. He said he'll "probably" visit Baylor and Ole Miss before making a final decision on signing day."

-Olson

Offers from: TCU, Baylor, Ole MIss, Texas, Alabama, Arizona St, Auburn, Colorado, Florida, LSU, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio St, Okie Lite, OU, Oregon, Tennessee, A&M, Texas Tech, UCLA, Utah, Washington and others.

Baylor fan
(717 points)
My Mood
Fine

These guys are seeing we will still be high octane on offense and are coming around.

Last edited:
3* Baltimore, Md (The Boy's Latin School) DT to visit on Jan 27th.

Victor Dimukeje Recruit Interests

Offers from: Michingan St, Duke, Maryland, Rutgers, UVa, Va Tech, Wake Forest, Army, Navy, Columbia, Brown, Cornell, Harvard, UMass, Penn, Princeton, Yale, Purdue, WVU and others.

Kid must be smart judging from his offers.

Last edited:
Ex-Arizona starting QB picks Baylor as graduate transfer, can play immediately

Anu Solomon is transferring to Baylor to finish out his college career

by Ben Kercheval
@BenKercheval
1h ago • 1 min read

Baylor may have a hot quarterback competition in the offseason to replace Seth Russell.
According to 247Sports, former Arizona quarterback Anu Solomon is transferring to the Bears' program as a graduate student. Solomon will likely compete with Zach Smith, who will be a sophomore, for the starting job. Smith started the final four games of the season, including the 31-12 Cactus Bowl win over Boise State, for the injured Russell and passed for 1,526 yards and 13 touchdowns.
Solomon was the first freshman quarterback to start a season opener for the Wildcats in 2014. Solomon then started in all 14 games that year and led all freshmen quarterbacks in the Football Bowl Subdivision with 3,793 passing yards.
However, Solomon was struck with multiple injuries over the past couple of seasons, limiting his playing time. He announced last month that he was transferring, though he did not say to where.
As a graduate transfer, he will be able to compete for a starting job right away. That's good, as the Bears are extra thin at quarterback. Since new coach Matt Rhule took over the program, Baylor has had some success on the recruiting trail after being down to just one verbal commitment. The Bears now have eight commits for the 2017 class and an experienced quarterback to boot.

Page Not Found - CBSSports.com

Baylor Hires Matt Rhule

Good hire for Baylor. Not necessarily a good move for Matt Rhule.

Even under the best of circumstances, is Baylor really that much of an upgrade over Temple? Sure, Baylor is in a Power 5 conference and Temple is not, but Baylor is a very difficult P5 job in spite of Art Briles' success there. In terms of prestige and resources, Bayor is behind Oklahoma, Texas, OKlahoma State (big boosters), and West Virginia. You have to go all the way back to the mid 90s with Chuck Reedy to even find a Baylor coach that went to a bowl game before Art Briles. The most successful coach before Briles was Grant Teaff, who took Baylor to 8 bowl games in 21 seasons and had a .528 conference winning percentage. For much of the past few decades, Baylor has been a cellar-dweller and the later Art Briles years look like an aberration.

Baylor is a very tough job even in good times. It's going to be even worse with the restrictions it faces and nearly non-existent recruiting class for 2017. Its current recruiting class is ranked #162 by 247Sports and they only have one commitment. Tennessee-Martin is actually ranked one spot higher in recruiting than Baylor right now.

Good luck to Rhule. But frankly, I think he would've been better off waiting it out at Temple for another year or two. This Baylor job looks like a coach-killer right now. If he succeeds, he deserves all the accolades in the world.

I totally agree for the reasons you posted. This has the smell of a manager/agent having a bad weekend in Vegas and talking his guy into something that should not have happened for a payday.

Guess the right guy showed Joey the money

View attachment 125022

Cedar Hill's Joey McGuire joins Matt Rhule's Baylor staff
By Michael Florek , Staff Writer Contact Michael Florekon Twitter:mad:michaelflorek

Cedar Hill head football coach Joey McGuire is leaving his program to join the Baylor coaching staff, three Cedar Hill players confirmed to The Dallas Morning News. McGuire has already informed the Cedar Hill team about the move to Waco. He is the third Texas high school coach to join Matt Rhule's new staff in Waco, joining David Wetzel (San Antonio Reagan) and former Baylor quarterback Shawn Bell (Cedar Ridge). ************* first reported the news.

According to one player, McGuire spoke to the team on Wednesday, telling them that his last high school game was with them, that he was taking a job at Baylor and that he was going to miss them.

Cedar Hill wide receiver Camron Buckley was late to the meeting.

"All I saw was that he was in tears," Buckley said.

McGuire, who posted a 141-42 record in his 14 years as the head coach at Cedar Hill and won state championships in 2006, 2013 and 2014, has been an in-demand candidate for various college staffs over the years. McGuire turned down an offer to join Texas as its tight ends and special teams coach in 2015.

Reading between the lines "has to be the right guy" is whomsoever hands out a scholly to my boy.

Former A&M SDE enrolled today and will count toward the Class of 2016:

James Lockhart Recruit Interests

4* James Lockhart 6-2 260 US Army All-American.

Offers from: A&M, Alabama, Arizona St, Arkansas, Baylor, Cal, Colorado, Florida St, Iowa, KState, Miami, Miss St, Missouri, Notre Dame, Ohio St, OU, Okie Lite, Penn St, Stanford, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, Washington St, Oregon St.

Hmmm...

Ducks losing receiver Jalen Brown to transfer

404 Not Found

Oregon's Jalen Brown says he plans to graduate in June and transfer elsewhere to play his final two years of eligibility, the wide receiver shared on social media Tuesday.

The 6-foot-1, 200-pound Brown was a four-star recruit from Phoenix who arrived at Oregon in 2014 as an early enrollee.
Coaches praised his maturity and readiness to play immediately but a back injury led him to redshirt that season during Oregon's run to the College Football Playoff national title game.

He caught 19 passes in 2016 during a promising redshirt sophomore season, and he finishes his Ducks career with 26 catches in 25 games for 407 yards and four touchdowns.

"I cannot help but recognize the coaches, staff, players and amazing fans who have given me the opportunity to pursue my dreams and work alongside great people here at Oregon," Brown wrote in his announcement. "I appreciate all the time and devotion given to me, so that I can be a successful athlete, student and overall man.

"After careful consideration, once I complete the next two terms here at the University of Oregon and graduate in June 2017, I will be looking to continue my collegiate career at another institution. I have received my permission to contact, and I am in the process of evaluating opportunities at other schools to obtain my master's degree and play my final 2 years of college football. I am blessed to have been a part of this program, and I am also looking forward to the journey ahead of me. I will miss my teammates and friends here in Eugene, and I wish the Ducks great success in the future."

With Brown's future departure, eight players from the 2016 team will not be returning to the Ducks this coming season under new coach Willie Taggart, whose staff includes new receivers coach Jimmie Dougherty.

Matt Lubick, who coached receivers at Oregon from 2013-16, accepted a job earlier this month as Baylor's co-offensive coordinator.

Barring any more transfers, Oregon's receiving corps returns 60.7 percent of its catches and 54 percent of its receiving yards from 2016. In addition to Brown's transfer, the graduations of tight ends Pharaoh Brown and Johnny Mundt and receiver Dwayne Stanford mean UO has lost its third-, fourth-, fifth- and sixth-most productive receivers from 2016, as gauged by receiving yards.

JUCO kid from College of San Mateo, CA - could step right into a job. 6'7, 308, T/G

George Moore #77
‏@G_Mo74
Blessed with a offer from Baylor blessed thank God ������������! @JuCoFootballACE @coachTcsm @BUFootball

George Moore - Hudl

George Moore #77
@G_Mo74
| ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ recruit Juco product | College Of San Mateo

set official BU visit

NETarrantNewsVerified account
‏@NETarrantNews
Justin NW 2017 WR @Gavin_Holmes23 has changed his 1/20 OV from #UCLA to #Baylor

Rhule the day! Retweeted
Colt Barber ‏@Colt_Barber 4h4 hours ago
Rhule is replenishing Baylor's roster in a hurry. Baylor up to 65 scholarships for spring. W/ 16 more 2017 commits the Bears are back at 85.

VN Store

Back