Battlefield 4

This may have been posted earlier, sorry if it has..
If you are a Premium Member you get access to the beta also..
What I was told......

they should at least have a feature in which you can turn dirty words off - I've got a couple of boys who love FPS's - won't let them near certainly titles though

So let me get this straight, you're fine with your kids virtually murdering hundreds of people on screen but hearing swear words bothers you? :eek:lol:

Reactions: 2 people
Yeah, If you have internet, you are going straight to multiplayer on shooters. Atleast normal people do

I guess I'm not normal because I still love the single player experience as much as I do multiplayer. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy multiplayer but not at the expense of the single player experience and I am pissed that many developers are throwing in a half-assed single player campaign in their games now because they are putting so much focus on multiplayer. Things like story, level design, character development, etc are still important to me. I shudder to think of a gaming future where every game is basically load it up, connect, and start mowing players down.

I guess I'm not normal because I still love the single player experience as much as I do multiplayer. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy multiplayer but not at the expense of the single player experience and I am pissed that many developers are throwing in a half-assed single player campaign because they are putting so much focus on multiplayer.

Well yeah some games i jump straight to story mode, uncharted, farcry, games like that. I was mainly talking about FPS games. The story on bf3 was alright but id rather them focus solely on multiplayer.

Well yeah some games i jump straight to story mode, uncharted, farcry, games like that. I was mainly talking about FPS games. The story on bf3 was alright but id rather them focus solely on multiplayer.

Why? Why would you pay full price for half a game? Given the lack luster story mode in BF3, it sounds like they DID focus more on multiplayer. That's why I don't play a lot of military shooters anymore. I got sick of finishing single player campains in a damn day, knowing full well that it was merely an afterthought. No excuse for that! Other titles like Halo 3 & 4, Killzone 2 & 3, Resistance 1, 2, & 3 etc manage to do both and do them very well! These military shooters have become the "Madden" of FPS. They try to crank a new one out year after year, so it's no wonder the games always feel shallow.

I'm actually hoping that Battlefield 4 will buck this trend. If it's good I'll probably wait and get it for PS4 when it comes out.

Why? Why would you pay full price for half a game? Given the lack luster story mode in BF3, it sounds like they DID focus more on multiplayer. That's why I don't play a lot of military shooters anymore. I got sick of finishing single player campains in a damn day, knowing full well that it was merely an afterthought. No excuse for that! Other titles like Halo 3 & 4, Killzone 2 & 3, Resistance 1, 2, & 3 etc manage to do both and do them very well! These military shooters have become the "Madden" of FPS. They try to crank a new one out year after year, so it's no wonder the games always feel shallow.

I'm actually hoping that Battlefield 4 will buck this trend. If it's good I'll probably wait and get it for PS4 when it comes out.
ive played 900 hours of battlefield. Had it since release. Id say i got my 60 bucks worth long ago.

Reactions: 1 person

Battlefield has been multiplayer since its inception, and "campaign" mode is a relatively new addition. If it's been out for 18 months and is still one of the top 10 games played every month, I'm pretty sure they've figured out where the consumer demand is, and its not for an epic 45 hour campaign.

Reactions: 3 people
Battlefield has been multiplayer since its inception, and "campaign" mode is a relatively new addition. If it's been out for 18 months and is still one of the top 10 games played every month, I'm pretty sure they've figured out where the consumer demand is, and its not for an epic 45 hour campaign.

Exactly

Two great single player campaigns that the multiplayer sucked are the two most recent Medal of Honor games

zackly......BF has always been a multiplayer game and only recently has added the single player campaign. Taking single player out and only focusing on multi is not "paying for half a game". The greatest shooter known to man, BF2, was only multi and far exceeds any shooter even without a single player campaign.

Reactions: 1 person
This is the best multiplayer game period. Miles better than COD or any other FPS military shooter. I play the single player only when others aren't on or web is down. What would be cool is co op missions that are multiplayer. Like two teams against two teams with different objectives like the single player campaign. Have some AI players as well.

First im not trolling but cod looks 100 times better. But how do you battlefield gamers not get anoyed with the circle in the middle of the screen.

First im not trolling but cod looks 100 times better. But how do you battlefield gamers not get anoyed with the circle in the middle of the screen.
You're out of your damn mind.....and what you're doing....is exactly trolling. Go back to the COD circle jerk

VN Store

Back