Battle @ Bristol predictions

Wouldn't it be best to watch VT play first before making any predictions. If VT has an impressive looking DL / LB play, then things don't look promising for UT.

Is it even possible to fix that OL disaster of last night in a single week?

To answer your question, NO. You can't fix in one week what it has taken several years to become. What seems to be a slow reacting confused group of poorly coached players.

Reactions: 1 person
Man I really wished all summer that we wouldnt have the sky is falling moments this year. I guess I bought into the hype way to much I forget this is Tennessee football

Wouldn't it be best to watch VT play first before making any predictions. If VT has an impressive looking DL / LB play, then things don't look promising for UT.

Is it even possible to fix that OL disaster of last night in a single week?

VTechs LBs are nowhere near the players we seen at LB for App State last night.

This morning I'm sure thinking it'll be much more of a contest than I was thinking yesterday morning.

Our lads better buy into it being a dog fight each and every week, a mindset where sweat equity is the currency, rather than rankings and watch lists. If they do, we can still have a VERY good season. If they don't, last night will be nothing more than the canary passing out in the coal mine.

Go Vols!

And you think that Dormady is going to magically make the line block and magically make the WR actually try and beat coverage? This isn't all on Dobbs....yes he cant hit the broadside of a barn sometimes, but it's not all on him. The backup is always the next coming of Manning, when in reality there is nothing that shows us that they wont struggle even more.

I flat disagree. Why is is ok for a senior qb to not be able to hit the broad side of a barn....EVER? Hos job is to throw the ball...first and foremost. He is not a RB.

ALSO, dormady is VERY mobile. Faster shuttle times than Dobbs. Maybe .1 or .2 of a second slower in the 40. He is a dual threat, and always has been. I have never seen Dormady throw a terrible pass. Granted, that is in far less plays.

I hope if Dobbs is hurt, cracked ribs, etc...that CBJ does the right thing and starts Dormady. He is scared to death of a QB controversy. Heaven forbid we actually have somebody in the game who can throw AND run. 4 years into a college career there is no excuse for how terrible Dobbs is throwing the ball.

Some people on this board think Dobbs will actually be drafted to the NFL...

MID MAJOR TEAMS ARE SO SURE DOBBS CANT THROW THE BALL THAT THEY DONT RESPECR THE PASS....AT ALL. MID MAJORS. WITH 2 NEW STARTERS AT CORNER. ABSOLUTELY NO FEAR. Dobbs will never play a snap on sunday, unless hes a project UFA playing for a backup job preseason.

Oh Volnation how I love you. The game was pitiful but the good news is we escaped and we have a lot to learn from. That being said... 24-6 TN

VTechs LBs are nowhere near the players we seen at LB for App State last night.

The LB corp is the biggest area for concern on the D... mainly because Andrew Motuapuaka had some issues last year with gaps, giving up some big gains. Having said that, he does have a year under his belt.

At the other backer position is Tremaine Edmunds, and he has the potential to be a beast. At 6'5 235lbs, he has the size VT hasn't seen in quite awhile at the LB spot. Bud Foster has likened him to Xavier Adibi, one of VT's best ever LBs.. and has said Edmunds has a chance to be a special player.

Are these guys 'nowhere near the players' App State put on the field. I'm a little biased but I'd say that's quite a stretch.

Reactions: 1 person
The LB corp is the biggest area for concern on the D... mainly because Andrew Motuapuaka had some issues last year with gaps, giving up some big gains. Having said that, he does have a year under his belt.

At the other backer position is Tremaine Edmunds, and he has the potential to be a beast. At 6'5 235lbs, he has the size VT hasn't seen in quite awhile at the LB spot. Bud Foster has likened him to Xavier Adibi, one of VT's best ever LBs.. and has said Edmunds has a chance to be a special player.

Are these guys 'nowhere near the players' App State put on the field. I'm a little biased but I'd say that's quite a stretch.

Do you guys also have a few 250 pounders on the DL? If so, bet your house on VT.

As a Tennessee fan living in Virginia knowing what Vah Tech is capable of, I have never believed this was a near guaranteed win for Tennessee like some seemed to think.

After last night's performance, there are two options IMO:

(1) UT believed its own hype and overlooked Appy State. UT deserved to lose that game but didn't. That scare will humble the Vols and cause them to focus on the Hokies knowing nothing will be given to them this season. Tennessee's talent will prevail and the Vols will win 24-13; or

(2) Tennessee is exactly what we saw last night against Appy State and will struggle all season long as teams stack the box to stop the run with no passing threat. I would be shocked if Vah Tech comes out blazing on offense this year so even if Tennessee is what we saw last night, I would call the B@B a toss up at this point maybe slight edge to VT's defense versus UT's offense.

How do you know hes less mobile? Because hes white?

Yes, white people can't be good duel threat QBs, this was proven by Tebow, Manziel and Mayfield. Oh wait, that's not what I meant to say. I meant to say the reason we know he is less mobile is because we saw him try to run away from pressure against Western Carolina and Northwestern.

I flat disagree. Why is is ok for a senior qb to not be able to hit the broad side of a barn....EVER? Hos job is to throw the ball...first and foremost. He is not a RB.

ALSO, dormady is VERY mobile. Faster shuttle times than Dobbs. Maybe .1 or .2 of a second slower in the 40. He is a dual threat, and always has been. I have never seen Dormady throw a terrible pass. Granted, that is in far less plays.

I hope if Dobbs is hurt, cracked ribs, etc...that CBJ does the right thing and starts Dormady. He is scared to death of a QB controversy. Heaven forbid we actually have somebody in the game who can throw AND run. 4 years into a college career there is no excuse for how terrible Dobbs is throwing the ball.

Some people on this board think Dobbs will actually be drafted to the NFL...
I am not one of them and I've been very clear about it. Problem is, everyone always thinks the backup is capable or more capable than the starter. More times than not, that isn't the case. None of us have a clue how Dormady is in game situations when they matter. You keep saying he is way more accurate than Dobbs......you have not clue if that's the case or not...neither do I. That's why we have coaches to make that decision because they see way more than we do. The reason that Dormady isn't in there over Dobbs? The coaching staff believes that Dobbs gives us a better chance to win, I cant argue with that and neither can anyone else because we simply don't know.

MID MAJOR TEAMS ARE SO SURE DOBBS CANT THROW THE BALL THAT THEY DONT RESPECR THE PASS....AT ALL. MID MAJORS. WITH 2 NEW STARTERS AT CORNER. ABSOLUTELY NO FEAR. Dobbs will never play a snap on sunday, unless hes a project UFA playing for a backup job preseason.
Trust me, I am way more critical of Dobbs and the playcalling than you have ever been.....and before last night.

bolded

still not worried about this game 34-16 Vols

everyone needs to calm down and chug a big glass of chill the **** out

Dormady as starter- 41-17 Vols

Dobbs as starter- 17-14 Vols

I agree. Our offense needs a boost. A good passer just might be the answer. I have trouble seeing us winning more than 9 games with Dobbs at the helm.

VN Store

Back