Basketball Recruiting Discussion II

I hinted at it the other day but was waiting, Brock Jancek is going to walk-on at Tennessee. Great get imo, for starters he’s 6’7”-6’8” where as our other walk-on’s are much smaller, he was also being recruited by multiple MM so to get him to walk-on here over scholarship offers is a damn nice get.

Reactions: 4 people
Hang on to that final straw as long as you can Ziti

What straw is that?

I'm never gonna apologize for wanting my head coach to recruit better.

And I think it's laughable that we've whiffed as often as we have and you want to come on here and try to rub it in my face when we may land our first top 100 player while working on our 5th class as if I don't want it to happen.

What straw is that?

I'm never gonna apologize for wanting my head coach to recruit better.

And I think it's laughable that we've whiffed as often as we have and you want to come on here and try to rub it in my face when we may land our first top 100 player while working on our 5th class as if I don't want it to happen.

Thank goodness for Fulmer.

What's the Advantage of not committing until that camp?

He’s already announced his intentions to reclassify so this doesn’t make much sense but my thought was they wouldn’t let him attend as a 2018 commit since it’s for 2019/2020 recruits.

VQ maintaining that Burns is gonna do something in the next 8-10 days, on or before June 1st like they’ve been saying...guess we will see.

Lets say Burns commits for 2018 and Mann for 2019. Where do we focus for the other scholarships for 2019? Who are we leading for? BTO others have any insight?

Lets say Burns commits for 2018 and Mann for 2019. Where do we focus for the other scholarships for 2019? Who are we leading for? BTO others have any insight?

I believe this is BTO's most recent update to the 2019 target list. This post is from another thread.

Updated 2019 list...
#10 PF Isaiah Stewart
#15 PG Josiah James
#37 PG Tre Mann
#55 SF Greg Gantt
#61 SF Jae’lyn Withers
#66 SF Marcus Watson
#74 SF Patrick Williams
#81 PG Kira Lewis
#83 PG Dekeyvan Tandy
#91 C DJ Burns
#99 CJ Walker

NR SF Drew Pember
NR SF Davonte Gaines(#204 by 247)-UT COMMIT

I believe this is BTO's most recent update to the 2019 target list. This post is from another thread.

I haven’t changed it but as of right now I would probably say that list looks more like...

Updated 2019 list...
#15 PG Josiah James
#37 PG Tre Mann
#66 SF Marcus Watson
#74 SF Patrick Williams
#81 PG Kira Lewis
#83 PG Dekeyvan Tandy
#91 C DJ Burns
#99 CJ Walker

NR SF Drew Pember
NR SF Davonte Gaines(#204 by 247)-UT COMMIT

I think if you add Burns and Mann to the mix that leaves you with Gaines still commited and 1 remaining scholarship available...my guess would be they still cast a wide net and push to bring in most of those guys on that list for OV’s, and could be a case where if 2 want in that Gaines is looking elsewhere.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back