Basketball Elite Camp - August 31st

@Ben_Fred: Schofield is a 3-star according to Rivals. 6-6, 220 combo forward. He's one of 30ish UT targets in town this weekend for #Vols HS camp.

This isn't a knock, just wanting to get an idea if 30 is a big number. Anybody know how many kids the last staff used to bring to these camps? Cause I was thinking it was usually just a hand full of guys.

This isn't a knock, just wanting to get an idea if 30 is a big number. Anybody know how many kids the last staff used to bring to these camps? Cause I was thinking it was usually just a hand full of guys.

I dont remember us doing much of anything like this when Zo was here. I remember the open practice before the Florida game. That was a joke.

Reactions: 1 person
Visitors:
Class of 2015:

Shembari Phillips #231
Dequon Miller #8 JUCO
Admiral Schofield NR
Jo Jo Anderson #185

Class of 2016:

Josh Langford #17
Braxton Blackwell #30
Kwe Parker #44
Ty Graves #176
Clayton Hughes #149
Sedee Keita #39
Abdulhakim Ado #28

I'm more interested in Langford & Blackwell than Ado. That's just me though!

@OntheRadarHoops: 2015 PG Tobias Howard @Same_Beast14 of IMG (FL) will be attending Tennessee Elite Camp this weekend

Composite ranking of 258

I've watched film of Ado. I like Langford's skillset better but maybe not Blackwell as much. We do need a good bigman to finally come to Knoxville though. We haven't had a true Center with solid skills in a good while.

Honestly, I haven't watched much of the other two but Ado is extremely impressive.

Honestly, I haven't watched much of the other two but Ado is extremely impressive.

I've watched more film on Langford & Blackwell than Ado. Ado's wingspan is incredible. Blackwell I really like a lot. Langford is a no brainer for recruiting. Blackwell should be a good possibility for Knoxville. Not the same for Langford. It would be nice to have Ado sign with UT too.

I've watched more film on Langford & Blackwell than Ado. Ado's wingspan is incredible. Blackwell I really like a lot. Langford is a no brainer for recruiting. Blackwell should be a good possibility for Knoxville. Not the same for Langford. It would be nice to have Ado sign with UT too.

Any of the 3 would be a great get, and IMO Tyndall has to get at least 1 of Blackwell/Ado. They're the closest thing you're gonna get to high major talent near Knoxville, gotta take advantage.

Reactions: 4 people
Any of the 3 would be a great get, and IMO Tyndall has to get at least 1 of Blackwell/Ado. They're the closest thing you're gonna get to high major talent near Knoxville, gotta take advantage.

Blackwell is the guy that's friends with Braxton Bonds?

All told the Vols could have as many as 80-85 prospects on campus, though many of those will be on the younger end of the scale in the 2017 and even 2018 classes.

Of more immediate interest are expected unofficial visitors/campers from the 2015 class like Shimbari Phillips, Nick Rogers, junior-college point guard Dequon Miller, Shawntrez Davis

Among the many notable prospects we expect in town from the 2016 class are four-star big man Sedee Keita, the No. 46 overall player in the nation in that class. Guard ; from Wilmington, Ohio, Atlanta forward Romello White, point guard Lamonte Turner, rated No. 70 in the 2016 class, point guard Kwe Parker from Fayetteville, N.C., guard Clayton Hughes from Jackson, Tenn.,

While he won't be participating in camp, we expect Chattanooga big man Abdulhakim Ado, the No. 17 rated player in the nation in 2016, is expected to be in town for his first trip to Knoxville and the staff will be hoping it's the first of many. Ado, who just came out of nowhere this summer to explode on the scene, is a huge priority for the staff in 2016 and is getting recruited accordingly.

We're also hearing that 2016 Alabama guard Josh Langford will likely be in town. The No. 21 rated player in that class, getting Langford's early interest is a very strong positive for Tyndall and this staff.

We've heard that 2016 in-state standout Braxton Blackwell is a possible visitor this weekend but have not gotten confirmation on that one as of yet.

-VQ

VN Store

Back