Basilio reporting now 6:15

HOW do you people know who's acceptable and who's not? You whined for Gruden for weeks when it's obvious he doesn't want to put in the work required to be successful. You used a manufactured scandal to blackball Schiano. What makes any of you experts on who can and who can't coach? There are a lot of good coaches who are bad fits in a given situation. If Doeren is the hire, get your collective panties out of a wad and support him. Ultimately it's about the players, not YOU, not the ADMIN, and not the fat cat BOOSTERS. I'm a 33 year veteran successful coach at the High School level who understands what a pain in the butt outside interference can be.

How many years would you have if you had no fans in the stadium or no boosters? Players are getting a free education which is paid by the fans. Business 101.

He's going to try to do this during the BBall game when he thinks he can sneak it in. Almost would put money on it. Hope if he does the blowback is epic cause it will be on live TV.

Please stop - don't make us look like idiots again.

You all do this again and we will absolutely be without a HC next year - maybe without an entire coaching staff and team.

Let those that make these decisions work it out.

The problem is the ones making the decisions are totally inept. At this point I would rather not field a team then waste another 5 years.

Reactions: 2 people
Don't attack Doeron directly on his twitter. He doesn't deserve it, and that will REALLY make it look like the problem at UT is the fans!

Instead, keep going after UT admin/AD people, and keep tweeting on media accounts.

It's the current power-mongers that have got to go!

Reactions: 5 people
You reap what you sow. I told everyone on here that not hiring Schiano was a mistake, he would've done a good job here. Now we are left with the dirt at the bottom of the shoe. Quite frankly if we are shooting this low then we might as well go for a rookie HC like Tee Martin. At least then I could see some logic in that move whereas Doeren makes zero sense, period.

Heck, we should just go for Bobby Petrino or Lane Kiffin at this point. But Schiano would've been decent, as I've said before. He would've brought a much stronger teaching pedigree to our coaching staff.

Schiano is almost universally unliked in the profession and would have a hard time filling out a staff for that reason. Yes Schiano got a ringing endorsement from Urban Meyer who we all know if a great judge of character.

Lets show some class Volnation. This guy has no ummediately known skeletons in his closet. Not fair to punish a decent who is merely a pawn in this process governed by those whp just din’t seem to get it.

I want Tee or Kiffin as well to be out coach. But at some point your reach may exceed your grasp. Please think before you tweet.

Reactions: 6 people
I'm not saying he's the best choice. In fact I wish they would go elsewhere (Kiffin, Martin). I'm just saying meddling fans, boosters, etc. can destroy a program just as quickly as a coach can. I have my doubts about the level of "research" some of you claim to put in. All I know is that I once hired one of his former OL from NIU to coach and what a high character and knowledgeable young coach he was and still is. NIU is obviously not the SEC, but before I made a snap judgement on his coaching abilities I would look deeper into the overall picture at NC State. I may not like the hire, but IF he is hired you better hope the HS recruits that are the future of the program can be sold on it. UNLESS you people just enjoy the griping that comes with losing.

Schiano is almost universally unliked in the profession and would have a hard time filling out a staff for that reason. Yes Schiano got a ringing endorsement from Urban Meyer who we all know if a great judge of character.

He would've had no trouble at all. The fact that there was an almost universal defence of Schiano from the football establishment upon our disgraceful backing out of the deal tells me the exact opposite.

You and this fan base are a joke. Doeren might suck but you can't fault him for taking the job.

I. Don't. Care. We need to do whatever it takes to save this program, and if making someone stay off Twitter for a night is our greatest sin then I think I can live with that.

Reactions: 1 person
telling a coach you don't want him isn't disrespectful. we don't want a coach who can't win. how is he going to win in the SEC. sorry, not going to happen. we need Tee or Lane.

"power struggle right now within two factions of boosters, and Peyton is on the wrong side, doeren is about to be hired" He just said his source told him if Currie doesn't have a coach tonight he's fired and he's about to sign doeren.

well FU^% Peyton then.

1. Currie attempts to hire Doeren
2. Fans protest and run off Doeren
3. Currie can’t sign anyone and gets fired
4. Immediately hire interim AD to hire Kiffin
5. Profit

two steps too many, but i'll take it

I'm not saying he's the best choice. In fact I wish they would go elsewhere (Kiffin, Martin). I'm just saying meddling fans, boosters, etc. can destroy a program just as quickly as a coach can. I have my doubts about the level of "research" some of you claim to put in. All I know is that I once hired one of his former OL from NIU to coach and what a high character and knowledgeable young coach he was and still is. NIU is obviously not the SEC, but before I made a snap judgement on his coaching abilities I would look deeper into the overall picture at NC State. I may not like the hire, but IF he is hired you better hope the HS recruits that are the future of the program can be sold on it. UNLESS you people just enjoy the griping that comes with losing.

The program is already being destroyed. Our intervention may not work, but at this point it's the only thing that can save it. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Don't attack Doeron directly on his twitter. He doesn't deserve it, and that will REALLY make it look like the problem at UT is the fans!

Instead, keep going after UT admin/AD people, and keep tweeting on media accounts.

It's the current power-mongers that have got to go!
Make sure you include the Haslams on the fun. Complain on Pilot’s site. “Your bathroom on exit 437 smells like **** and so does the office of the president.”

I. Don't. Care. We need to do whatever it takes to save this program, and if making someone stay off Twitter for a night is our greatest sin then I think I can live with that.

Oh, I'm sure you don't care. Just know you're a massive POS and you're doing the opposite of helping the program.

Who the ***** do you think they'll get if the fan base runs two coaches off?

You people are so dumb. It's incredible.

Lets show some class Volnation. This guy has no ummediately known skeletons in his closet. Not fair to punish a decent who is merely a pawn in this process governed by those whp just din’t seem to get it.

I want Tee or Kiffin as well to be out coach. But at some point your reach may exceed your grasp. Please think before you tweet.

Don't go after Doeron; go after the people who are trying to force these craptastic hires down our throats!

Agree. Direct all angst to Currie and everyone above him.

VN Store

Back