Baseball team has given up

I'm aware that Gorilla ball is gone (and good riddance). But, what Serrano does is much like What the coach at Oregon does - I believe they have a connection. Serrano is the type of coach thay will bunt a team to death in hopes of a fielding error. That's not small ball.

nothing wrong with moving runners to put them in better position to w
score - that's why we play the game, right?

By the way, with the new ball, you're seeing a large increase in scoring this year. So while gorilla ball is dead, scoring has greatly increased over last year.

And further proof that small ball is going to become obsolete. Teams don't have to bunt and pray to score anymore.

Florida was a train wreck?

I beg to differ

Lopez came in 94 and replaced nearly every player on the roster. At their last game at SEC East tourney, we in attendance felt terribly for those guys with the huge class coming in to replace them.

Lopez turned the program around and got fired anyway Just a few yrs after CWS.

Florida should have more SEC and national titles than anyone in league and have shown far too little patience with coaches causing perpetual turmoil with short bursts of success.

Lopez came in 94 and replaced nearly every player on the roster. At their last game at SEC East tourney, we in attendance felt terribly for those guys with the huge class coming in to replace them.

Florida should have more SEC and national titles than anyone in league and have shown far too little patience with coaches causing perpetual turmoil with short bursts of success.

Not winning enough is a lot different than "train wreck"

Florida has been a quality baseball program for a long time.

Never, at any point in time in my lifetime, has the program been a "train wreck".

Bad seasons? a few. Not as good as one would want at times? Sure. Train wreck? Not even close

the curse of firing a good coach haunts another sport,

bama dave don't care has a crimson soul

If he had hired a bad coach with little history of winning maybe, but this was and hopefully still is a great hire. We started great last yr then faltered, hopefully the opposite happens this yr. This conference is loaded with good baseball teams. Hopefully the turnaround starts tonight.

Well vols finally got out of the mire by beating damn vandy today,

Win on the sabbath to complete a steal which would be major as Friday it was a abomination of a 9-0 shutout.

I still think there had to be something more to Andy Lopez being fired there. When UF did that, it was absolutely perplexing to me. The only reason that's not the dumbest move Jeremy Foley ever did is because Foley also hired Ron Zook and Will Muschamp.

Kevin O'Sullivan has done a great job at UF, but you have to wonder if anyone's job is safe there unless they win the national championship. I'm sure Lopez felt like he got the last laugh when he won one for Zona in a season where UF was the top seed in the CWS.

I guess you can say the Florida gators baseball team is the Indy colts.

I'm not sure i can recall a vols beseball team go through this much mire and still succeed because like a 9-7 nfl team that makes it into the playoffs I didnt forsee them making the sec tournanent after seeing a lot of the same old stinking it up in sec games.

Now I hope they wont be another 1 and done in the sec tournament.

Dang firestorm, let us enjoy this until they lose that game. It will be an upset for the 12 seed to beat the 5 seed but they have a much better chance of winning the tournament by being in it than they did when they were in 14th place.

Reactions: 1 person
Dang firestorm, let us enjoy this until they lose that game. It will be an upset for the 12 seed to beat the 5 seed but they have a much better chance of winning the tournament by being in it than they did when they were in 14th place.

Ok then also drink a lot of soda while celebrating the success.

VN Store

Back