Barnhart: Vols on right track says Dooley

Conclusions drawn on facts. Nothing inconsistent about his record. Go dig up more excuses.

Selective "facts"... aren't actually facts. Once you strip "facts" out of their context... they're worthless. That is precisely what you do. You cannot separate losing from the roster. You try... and that's why your conclusion is INCONSISTENT. You dismiss facts that do not agree with your conclusion.

If the last leg of a relay for the losing team was actually the fastest... you'd blame that runner for losing because he couldn't catch up fast enough to make up for the first 3 runners.

Reactions: 3 people
I can't understand why anyone even replies to the negavols? I just ignore them! If everyone would do that then they would go away! Lol....

As for Dooley, he has been judged for things that he had no control over. So let's let him finish this year before we judge. I think he is the right guy but will see at the end of the year. I do think we have a team that should win at least 9-10 games + bowl. We have the pieces in place. Now it all falls on the coaching!!!! To hear him talk this way makes me feel a lot better. GBO! VFL!!!

He didn't have control over how we respond to adversity? There's being crippled, and there's completely folding up shop, and we did the latter. That reflects very negatively. I'm willing to give him a year to see what he does with an SEC-caliber team and see if he's corrected the responding to adversity issue, but you can't deny it was a huge issue

Selective "facts"... aren't actually facts. Once you strip "facts" out of their context... they're worthless. That is precisely what you do. You cannot separate losing from the roster. You try... and that's why your conclusion is INCONSISTENT. You dismiss facts that do not agree with your conclusion.

If the last leg of a relay for the losing team was actually the fastest... you'd blame that runner for losing because he couldn't catch up fast enough to make up for the first 3 runners.

That's a great analogy!! CDD is having to clean up the mess that he was presented when he got here.. It's too early to blame him. Wait until all the runners r starting from the same spot!

He didn't have control over how we respond to adversity? There's being crippled, and there's completely folding up shop, and we did the latter. That reflects very negatively. I'm willing to give him a year to see what he does with an SEC-caliber team and see if he's corrected the responding to adversity issue, but you can't deny it was a huge issue

The only game I think we folded in was uk.. Maybe ark.. That's more on the players and their youth.. It's easier to keep control of a teams emotions when ur leaders on the team aren't freshmen and sophomores.. Again, all the problems come back to the trashed roster.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

Some day I hope you have the life experiences to grasp how over the top this judgment is.

If i read or hear about the whole combined 3 starts for our o-line when he got here crap from another article/video I am going to vomit

The only game I think we folded in was vandy.. Maybe ark.. That's more on the players and their youth.. It's easier to keep control of a teams emotions when ur leaders on the team aren't freshmen and sophomores.. Again, all the problems come back to the trashed roster.

We folded against Vandy?

There was ZERO leadership against Kentucky. That is a problem. That is a problem that coaches have at least some degree of control over. Not enough control that the loss is an immediately fireable offense, given everything else that went on, but enough control that it's a mark on the minus column.

I agree that they didn't respond to it well but they did there best untl the last game. They was not much they could do as short handed as they where. Dooley coached them well if you ask me. They played with every team in the first half and then you could see they just got gased with no depth that's what happens. If they would of had a two or three deep rotation that wasn't a huge fall off, then I think it would have been way different games! You can only hide your depth for so long and especially in the SEC! So again I think Dooley did a great job with what very little he had since we had no depth and where one of the youngest teams in the country playing in the best conference in the NCAA. So think about all of that before you say they quit.

So again I think Dooley did a great job with what very little he had since we had no depth and where one of the youngest teams in the country playing in the best conference in the NCAA. So think about all of that before you say they quit.

Even if you don't think it was a bad job, I really don't see how you can consider it a great job. A great job would seem to me to entail at least getting within striking distance of any of the good teams on the schedule.

And when I say they quit, I say it because they quit against Kentucky. If you think they didn't, I'd be happy to hear that argument. But I'm pretty sure they did

Even if you don't think it was a bad job, I really don't see how you can consider it a great job. A great job would seem to me to entail at least getting within striking distance of any of the good teams on the schedule.

And when I say they quit, I say it because they quit against Kentucky. If you think they didn't, I'd be happy to hear that argument. But I'm pretty sure they did

I absolutely agree with you on both counts. 5-7 at Tennessee is not a "great" job under any circumstances. There might be some explanations as to why/how it happened and why CDD deserves more time, but it was not a "great" job. Especially given that:

I actually think the entire team (coaches AND players) gave up on the season at around the halfway point. Then, the lowest of the lows was simply mailing it in against Kentucky with a bowl invitation on the line.

We folded against Vandy?

There was ZERO leadership against Kentucky. That is a problem. That is a problem that coaches have at least some degree of control over. Not enough control that the loss is an immediately fireable offense, given everything else that went on, but enough control that it's a mark on the minus column.

I'm sorry.. Meant uk and ark

Well, I see that "I hate myself and the rest of the world because I'm a crack head" fella showed up again.
Elementary school bullying must of been hell on him. js

123. At least he can count to 3.

Reactions: 1 person
The only game I think we folded in was uk.. Maybe ark.. That's more on the players and their youth.. It's easier to keep control of a teams emotions when ur leaders on the team aren't freshmen and sophomores.. Again, all the problems come back to the trashed roster.

Blame players Dooley recruited here but no fault goes on Dooley?

Makes perfect sense to me

Reactions: 1 person
Not really. You can't have it both ways. Either he's too honest or he's too sophisticated. He can't be both.

Last year when he was honest enough to say UT wasn't a very good football team... people slammed him for demoralizing the team.

Fact is if he didn't believe it... his track record is that he wouldn't say it. He could be wrong... but it seems pretty apparent that he thinks his program is coming out of the valley.

He knows if he doesn't win this year he's done. He also knows his bosses are tired of hearing his bellyaching (as Hart made clear in his expectations for 2012). He might as well paint a sunny picture and hope its true.

I absolutely agree with you on both counts. 5-7 at Tennessee is not a "great" job under any circumstances. There might be some explanations as to why/how it happened and why CDD deserves more time, but it was not a "great" job. Especially given that:

I actually think the entire team (coaches AND players) gave up on the season at around the halfway point. Then, the lowest of the lows was simply mailing it in against Kentucky with a bowl invitation on the line.

Yea great was the wrong word. But he did a good job with what he had. I think that it all goes back to depth and youth. Cause we played great first halves against almost everyone. Then you can see depth and youth took over. Now that we have both its going to be way better and I see us winning 9+. So please everyone wait until this year is at least started before judging. I think everyone will love Dooley after the Florida game!

Yea great was the wrong word. But he did a good job with what he had. I think that it all goes back to depth and youth. Cause we played great first halves against almost everyone. Then you can see depth and youth took over. Now that we have both its going to be way better and I see us winning 9+. So please everyone wait until this year is at least started before judging. I think everyone will love Dooley after the Florida game!

I'll like him when he wins #9. I won't love him until he wins a championship and stops saying people who comment negatively on message boards "aren't true Volunteers."

My suspicion is that we may agree on when we'll know for sure.

After the Georgia game, if we're 4-1, Dooley is making progress. If we're 3-2 or worse, it's time to pull out the list of candidates.

I agree here - i think CDD will put it together, i am positive about this year, i think we have turned the corner and the worst is behind us

that being said the word great should not be used next to a coach that has lost 7 of his last 10 games and went 1-7 in conference

i am hopeful for greatness in the future, but none has been displayed to this point

Sorry sjt. It is pointless to argue with flaming idiots like "allvol". He has an agenda and is incapable of recognizing reality.

Blame players Dooley recruited here but no fault goes on Dooley?

Makes perfect sense to me

Is it an owners' fault when the puppy they bought pees on the carpet? Some things come with experience and training.

That was the entire point of the argument. I'm not sure how you missed it.

I'll like him when he wins #9. I won't love him until he wins a championship and stops saying people who comment negatively on message boards "aren't true Volunteers."

Did Dooley mention message-board commenters and question their fan card? I'll respectfully ask for a link. To the contrary, the very article linked in this post has CDD saying that he understands the fans' expectations, and attributes those expectations to the fans' passion for the program.

Link? Or are you just blowing out of the wrong hole again?

VN Store

Back