Barnett vs. Nkemdiche

The most impressive thing about Barnetts accomplishments that year is that he largely did it without much help from the dline. They were serviceable, but will be significantly upgraded this year with McKenzie & Tutle in the mix. With a healthy Maggitt, Barnett could flourish even more this year.

Ok so their stats weren't that good but you still picked them as the best? Barnett dominated most games. During the Iowa game, their big stud of an offensive lineman mugged Barnett on several occasions but a flag wasn't thrown. He would have had four or five sacks in that game if he wasn't held on practically every play. I know he is a freshman but he is the most impressive player of that bunch.

Reactions: 1 person
The most impressive thing about Barnetts accomplishments that year is that he largely did it without much help from the dline. They were serviceable, but will be significantly upgraded this year with McKenzie & Tutle in the mix. With a healthy Maggitt, Barnett could flourish even more this year.

Hey CA Vol, are you the CA Vol that use to post on the dawgrant?

Is Barnett really expected to improve that much after missing so much time in the offseason after surgery? expectations need to simmer just a little.

He is the most dominant player on the field? It's obvious? Hey Greg I didn't know they moved him to tackle until I wondered where he was in the game against us.

Personally I believe Nkemdiche has always been a little overrated. I'm aware he gets doubled team quite a bit, but still, stats don't lie.

I don't know if he's over rated or not, but he may indeed be a 1st round choice in the NFL draft, yes?

Ok so their stats weren't that good but you still picked them as the best? Barnett dominated most games. During the Iowa game, their big stud of an offensive lineman mugged Barnett on several occasions but a flag wasn't thrown. He would have had four or five sacks in that game if he wasn't held on practically every play. I know he is a freshman but he is the most impressive player of that bunch.

I watched that game over and over. Derek was held a LOT. Scherff was the #1 OL in the draft, he has skills, good feet, and hands, but Barnett let him know he was in a game.

Reactions: 1 person
Barnett gets better just because he will be playing with k Mac and has sutton as his corner

He's played one season.

And it was a historically great season, the influx of talent on the line will only help him, I'm not advocating that he's going to be an all-time great but you can't script a better start to a career then what he did as a true freshmen.

VN Store

Back