Barnes excited to add Pons, Walker

Who are the cupcake teams they play early on ? Is Eastern Kentucky one of them ?

Presbyterian , Mercer , Lipscomb and Furman are the 4 smaller schools coming to TBA as of now; however there is like 2-3 more games to be added which I'm guessing will be similar type teams.

Tennessee announced Wednesday that Derrick Walker and Yves Pons have signed a National Letter of Intent, the first day of the spring signing period in college basketball.

The 6-foot-8, 250-pound Walker plans to enroll at UT this summer. “Derrick is going to blend nicely into our team due to his combination of size, strength and toughness,” UT coach Rick Barnes said in a school statement. “We’re also excited about his basketball IQ and the fact that he’s a vocal defender, a good rebounder and an excellent ball-handler and passer for a player of his size."

...“Yves will bring elite athleticism, explosiveness and versatility to our program - both on the perimeter and inside. He’s a long, athletic wing who can defend multiple positions, play fast and finish in transition, along with rebound on both ends. The SEC is one of the most physical and athletic leagues in the country, and those are two areas Yves and our team have a chance to excel in.”

After seeing Walker in action, it sure looks like Barnes is recruiting to build a team that will push the tempo. Walker was really high energy and his size is legit. I can't wait to see Pons. Alexander was recruited with sparse organized basketball experience and developed skills, but he has NBA height and can run... he was a soccer player. Even Kent looks like somebody that can run the floor and he seems like an excellent passer. These last two classes might turn off the star gazers, but they look pretty good to me if Tennessee runs at every opportunity.

I think that the loses of Bone, Fulkerson, and Mostella might have really disrupted the opportunity and plan to run at a really fast pace last year.

Yeah Fulkerson especially. His outlet passes were hyper quick.
It's not looking good for me to make it down for the games now. I broke my damned toe on a Buddha statue. One of my FB friends told me "KARMA"

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah Fulkerson especially. His outlet passes were hyper quick.
It's not looking good for me to make it down for the games now. I broke my damned toe on a Buddha statue. One of my FB friends told me "KARMA"

Bro I got you. I gotta wheel chair and I'll just wheel you around TBA. Price of one admission!!! I'll maybe throw a free foot rub in there too.............. depending on seats.

VN Store

Back