Bang Shootie conversation

OK, Bang Shootie fans, time to resurrect the ol' Kalashnikov’s inspiration argument. During WWII, the Germans developed an assault rifle known as the Sturmgewehr 44 and alternately, the Maschinenpistole 43 and 44. These were deployed beginning in 1943, especially on the Eastern Front, where it is certain that some were captured by Russians. Kalashnikov debuted his assault rifle in 1947 (thus, the AK-47 designation). The similarities are uncanny...

The Stg 44
450px-Sturmgewehr44_noBG.jpg

The AK-47
450px-%D0%90%D0%9A-47.jpg

Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t the STG calibered in a pistol round and known for being somewhat unreliable where the AK will shoot covered in mud.

I own an AK and would absolutely love a STG.
Anyone have 50k laying around to buy a shootie?

Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t the STG calibered in a pistol round and known for being somewhat unreliable where the AK will shoot covered in mud.

I own an AK and would absolutely love a STG.
Anyone have 50k laying around to buy a shootie?
Yes. The AK-47 is a superior weapon - easy to manufacture, reliable as the moon rising, effective, and uses arguably the most mass produced round in history.
No, I don't have $50k or a StG 44.

We can still shoot my old shotguns, after I have them checked out by a gunsmith.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Yes. The AK-47 is a superior weapon - easy to manufacture, reliable as the moon rising, effective, and uses arguably the most mass produced round in history.
No, I don't have $50k or a StG 44.

We can still shoot my old shotguns, after I have them checked out by a gunsmith.

I need to have my model 19 checked before I shoot it again too.

I’ve always wanted one of these for “plinking “ it’s a Ruger 10/22 ranch rifle. Shoots to 22lr and is almost as powerful as my favorite pellet gun. Still fun for target shooting or small game hunting. (no it didn’t come from century)328D9EEE-9128-4733-9E40-1D5168C2EBF7.jpeg

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Tin Man want 100+ year old shotguns to be OK for shooting. Want to shoot clay pigeons for practice. Want to hunt birds to eat.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I think Ras should hang out around here more. We could fix him right up.

Nice!! My man, layin it on the rough azz drive for the pics!!

Dude somebody after you? You stock pilin heavily. That peaceful mountain you movin to is in for a rude awakenin when you & the clan get settled in & start settin all those cannons off

Nice!! My man, layin it on the rough azz drive for the pics!!

Dude somebody after you? You stock pilin heavily. That peaceful mountain you movin to is in for a rude awakenin when you & the clan get settled in & start settin all those cannons off
Stocking up?
No. I’ve always enjoyed shooting. Skeet is my favorite so I’ve got a crap ton of shotguns

Reactions: Tin Man
Stocking up?
No. I’ve always enjoyed shooting. Skeet is my favorite so I’ve got a crap ton of shotguns
Seems like you've acquired a few handguns & rifles lately. Or........ maybe you have or maybe you haven't acquired a few handguns & rifles lately

VN Store

Back