Bang Shootie conversation

Orangeslice13

RockyTop is back, Let’s Go!!
So I picked up the 16ga bolt action shotgun that was my dads given too him by his dad. Cleaned it up and shot it yesterday. It was a hoot and a half.

So this is a thread for those of us who enjoy things that go bang.

Tag your friends and let’s talk about it.

Think me and tge girls may shoot the pellet gun today. It doesn't bang much, but it's fun.

So I picked up the 16ga bolt action shotgun that was my dads given too him by his dad. Cleaned it up and shot it yesterday. It was a hoot and a half.

So this is a thread for those of us who enjoy things that go bang.

Tag your friends and let’s talk about it.
That's awesome.

Haven't been in a long time. Hubby's old house was great place to shoot, but he doesn't own that property anymore.

Man, I love to shoot my pistols. I also have a 22 rifle that my Grandfather used to squirrel hunt with. I have a 9-year-old grandson that is wanting to learn to shoot the rifle. I have way more guns than I need. I guess I will just pass them down to the Grandkids when I die. I wouldn't take anything for the 22 rifle.

@82_VOL_83
@VolNExile (Because I don’t do threads without you)
Haha ❤️

The only time I ever shot was when my cousin, a Honolulu police sergeant, took me to the range. I shot a Colt-something-or-other (crazy long barrel), a shotgun, and a rifle. Nailed the targets, especially with the handgun, and my cousin somewhat nervously stopped giving me brother-type crap.

I figured I would rest on my laurels at that point. 🤪 That was back in the mid-70’s.

I did consider taking up bird hunting after getting a Golden retriever, but after watching her through a few thunderstorms, I figured I’d have to do my own retrieving and wasn’t thrilled about that.

If anything, I’d love to take up fly fishing here in the mountains, once I strengthen my legs and back (balance.) Not much bang in that though, until I topple in the creek.

Reactions: joevol33
Kel-tek pf9 my only handgun. I gave my sccy 9mm to my oldest when he set up residency in memphis. I have a slew of shotguns and a few rifles. Favorites are a model12 20ga Winchester pump that has been handed down over 3 or 4 generations. And an old .22 winchester model 56 bolt action target rifle

You posting about your father's 16 gage brought back some memories for me. My Grandfather had a Winchester 30/30 lever action that I always wanted. I mean G_D I wanted that gun! However, I did wind up with his bolt action 22 rifle 40 years after his passing. I'm a happy camper!

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Kel-tek pf9 my only handgun. I gave my sccy 9mm to my oldest when he set up residency in memphis. I have a slew of shotguns and a few rifles. Favorites are a model12 20ga Winchester pump that has been handed down over 3 or 4 generations. And an old .22 winchester model 56 bolt action target rifle
That’s freaking awesome

You posting about your father's 16 gage brought back some memories for me. My Grandfather had a Winchester 30/30 lever action that I always wanted. I mean G_D I wanted that gun! However, I did wind up with his bolt action 22 rifle 40 years after his passing. I'm a happy camper!
I also recently got my grandfather’s 12ga. It’s a semi auto silver plated Remington. That’s from my mothers side. I have not got it shootable yet but I’ll post pictures tonight.

Reactions: malinoisvol
When I was a kid we used to visit my dad’s oldest brother in Columbia Tn. a couple of times a year. He had a Colt .45 cap and ball pistol from around the Civil War era. I always admired it and he told me he would leave it to me in his will. When he passed away several years later we went for the funeral and I was inquiring about the pistol.
It had mysteriously disappeared. 😢

VN Store

Back