Bacarri Rambo

I hope that he and the other suspended players play, as I suspect they will. Their participation will make for a more meaningful outcome, one way or the other. I think the fact that Florida entered our game without a couple of key defensive players contributed to the overconfidence of our fan base, which may have had something to do with the collective lack of resilience when it became apparent that Florida actually intended to win the game.

Is it set in stone that he wont be playing?

Quote from the movie "First Blood"

"Rambo? They are all dead sir"

Johnny Rambo was good in that movie. Will "Bacardi" Rambo be good in this game? Will we all celebrate and drink some "Bacardi" after the game???

Is it set in stone that he wont be playing?

It doesn't matter if he plays or not. Remember how Florida had a couple of key defensive players out of the game and they still beat us OR should I say, we beat ourselves by not having enough substitute players in the game?

both of them will play, but the good news is that at least Rambo will be a little rusty, this being his first start. I don't care if he is good/seasoned or not, if this is his first SEC game against SEC speed, we should eat him up at least in the first half.

Jenkins, Powell, Riggs that's three right there and I think there may have been another but either way I said 3 or 4. Right?

Yeah, but I really don't include Powell since that injury was forever ago and no one even counted him for this season at all. Florida lost one big time LB and an interchangable DB. Rambo is a pretty big factor in the game with our strengths and their D being prone at times to giving up the big play.

I've reached out to several people at UGA today and it's a mixed bag whether he's going to play or not... I spoke with a close friend in their football department a little over a week ago and he's the one who told me Rambo probably wouldn't play. Again that was over a week ago and things can change. I'll try to reach him tonight to see if there is an update

"ATLANTA (AP) -- Mark Richt would not confirm expectations No. 5 Georgia finally will be at full strength this week against Tennessee.
Georgia has won its first four games, including Saturday night's 48-3 rout of Vanderbilt, with All-America safety Bacarri Rambo and starting linebacker Alec Ogletree serving suspensions.
Richt has never clarified how long the suspensions will last. On Sunday he continued his weekly ritual of not updating the status of the two defensive stars.
"We'll figure it out in pregame warmup I guess, just like last week," Richt said.

I for one look as their playing maybe in our favor. Being their first game back, there is bound to be some rust in both players game. Anyone that has ever played sports knows that it is one thing to be practice ready, game ready is altogether something different. Maybe I am wrong, thoughts

If they don't play and Tenn is up at halftime, I guarantee they will be in the second half.

It doesn't matter if they play or not.. They've been recruiting well enough for a long time, where they can plug in somebody just as good.. Rambo isn't Eric berry good.. They could replace him.

I just keep thinking that there is more to this story than we 've heard about. I don't know what, but I just have a feeling Richt knows something where playing him might create a situation where their team would be in a position to vacate wins. He served his "suspension" according to many in the program, and at this point there's no reason NOT to play him, unless there's something else going on.

If he doesn't play vs USC next week, then something is UP.

VN Store

Back