Atlanta Hawks/The Highlight Factory Thread

The Celtics are going to escape on that complete trash shot that Pierce just hit.

Jeez at least get a shot off!

Oh well, Marvin is finally showing flashes!

Its going to be a fun season.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

This is a good team, fellas...

Took the World Champs to the buzzer, and a trash shot falls...

They match up well with the Celtics which should be good news come playoff time.

Falcons and Hawks in the playoffs, perhaps....When is the last time that happened?

Hawks are trying to become the Hawks

6-0....now 6-4

Still think they should win 45 games this year though

This is a good team, fellas...

Took the World Champs to the buzzer, and a trash shot falls...

They match up well with the Celtics which should be good news come playoff time.

Falcons and Hawks in the playoffs, perhaps....When is the last time that happened?

1998 I think

On marta coming back from the game. Despite the loss the game was awesome. Sold out. Lil john pumping the crowd before the game. And luda did a halftime show. Sweet game and glad I was able to watch a little NBA history. All types of celebs at the game too many to name
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Bumped! GO HAWKS!!

i

I sort of hate that I give a crap about sports. It really makes about as much sense as sitting out in your front yard and getting angry that the wind's blowing the wrong way.

I sort of hate that I give a crap about sports. It really makes about as much sense as sitting out in your front yard and getting angry that the wind's blowing the wrong way.

You should live in Europe a while and witness futbol hooligans. Makes Eagles fans look like Disney characters.

You should live in Europe a while and witness futbol hooligans. Makes Eagles fans look like Disney characters.

I have spent 20 years drinking in Irish pubs. Believe me, I sort of envy the football guys. I wish I had a team, but I can't just bandwagon onto one of the usual Yank frontrunner teams like Arsenal or Liverpool or Chelsea. Clint Dempsey is close to making me an Fulham supporter though. Guy is awesome, for a Texan.

The football guys are crazy. They take all the energy we expend on all our teams -- college football, college basketball, pro football, baseball, NBA, hockey -- and distill into one team. That's all they have, other than World Cup qualifying. I don't blame them for being a little crazy about it.

Just brought in Danny Ferry to be GM. Judging from his tenure in Cleveland, the Hawks are just one Lebron James away from being contenders.

Ferry said he choose the Hawks, because they are dedicated to building a championship caliber franchise.
Ferry must not know anything about the culture of the Hawks.
Will be interesting to see how ferry will put his stamp the team.

I like the move. He get's penalized for his attempts to build around Lebron, but looking back at his tenure I think he got caught up trying to build a team to get past Orlando only to see Boston jump past Orlando and Cleveland.

He could have done better, but he could have done alot worse imo. Either way I'm ready for a change and it all depends on the level of autonomy he get's from ASG anyway.

A ton of Josh Smith and Al Horford trade rumors swirling today in advance of the draft.

Personally, I think they should trade Josh Smith yesterday for draft picks and let Horford play the 4 where he belongs.

A ton of Josh Smith and Al Horford trade rumors swirling today in advance of the draft.

Personally, I think they should trade Josh Smith yesterday for draft picks and let Horford play the 4 where he belongs.

I wish many of the Hawks "fans" could grasp this. The last person some are willing to part with is Josh. Many blindly think Joe or Marvin can be magically traded away and that Josh should get the max contract Joe has. (Idiots)

I used to think the amnesty was the answer for Joe or Marvin, but from what I've gathered ASG would still be on the hook for whatever their next team didn't bid to pay. No one would bid more than about a third to half of Joe's $19M. Then to try to replace his production and pay his remaining dollars would be worse than keeping him. (Maybe when his production leaves us with no other option.) If they amnestied Marvin they'd be lucky to break even when looking at what they'd likely replace him with and paying his remaining money.

My hope is that either we trade Josh for picks like you stated or package Josh and Marvin for a pick and an expiring contract or two.

Ferry has his hands full, but the approach he was qouted in the AJC to be bringing will change the Hawks eventually. But in the near term, we absolutely can't afford to let Josh walk for nothing.

Trade Smith for some depth, then draft Fab Melo as your 5. BOOM.

The Hawks have had some AWFUL GMs in the past. This analysis proves it:

Pete Babcock
NBA GM Ratings: Using the Goodman Scale To Review -- Pete Babcock - Peachtree Hoops

Billy Knight
NBA GM Ratings: Using the Goodman Scale To Review -- Billy Knight - Peachtree Hoops

Rick Sund
NBA GM Ratings: Using the Goodman Scale To Review -- Rick Sund - Peachtree Hoops

As bad as Sund has been, he's way better than his predecessors according to the criteria in these articles. Thankfully Ferry scores significantly better than Sund for his time in Cleveland.

VN Store

Back