Atlanta Hawks/The Highlight Factory Thread

You're right. It makes me shed a tear thinking of all the greats that have worn the Hawks jersey and missed the playoffs the past 10 years like . . . uh . . . um . . . nevermind.
How dare you fail to acknowledge the brilliance of Alan Henderson, Isiah Rider, Tyronn Lue, and Priest Lauderdale?

I'M ON THE BANDWAGON, BABY!!

bandwagon.jpg

I'm right there with you. Will probably break my leg jumping off when they come down to reality, but for now, Go Hawks!!

You can't jump off. Once you jump on a bandwagon, you have to be on for life, or else you suck. Seriously. Don't be one of those guys.

I've been resisting the Hawks all year for that exact reason -- God knows all I need is yet another crappy team to root for in my life -- but last night I gave up. I'm in. God help me.

You can't jump off. Once you jump on a bandwagon, you have to be on for life, or else you suck. Seriously. Don't be one of those guys.

I've been resisting the Hawks all year for that exact reason -- God knows all I need is yet another crappy team to root for in my life -- but last night I gave up. I'm in. God help me.

Didn't it seem a little odd to have Doc Rivers coaching the opposing team, Mike Fratello doing color commentary and Dominique Wilkins doing the post game? I kept wondering if Kevin Willis, Tree Rollins and Moses Malone were going to come out of the tunnel to pull a sneak attack on Kevin Garnett.

Didn't it seem a little odd to have Doc Rivers coaching the opposing team, Mike Fratello doing color commentary and Dominique Wilkins doing the post game? I kept wondering if Kevin Willis, Tree Rollins and Moses Malone were going to come out of the tunnel to pull a sneak attack on Kevin Garnett.
I think Cliff Levingston, Antoine Carr, and Dan Roundfield would do more damage.

Between Tree Rollins, Cliff Levingston, Kevin Willis, Antoine Carr and Jon Koncak, the Hawks had a pretty amazing rotation of big men with no prayer of scoring. I think those guys may have all been on the same roster for a year or two.

Between Tree Rollins, Cliff Levingston, Kevin Willis, Antoine Carr and Jon Koncak, the Hawks had a pretty amazing rotation of big men with no prayer of scoring. I think those guys may have all been on the same roster for a year or two.
Look at Kevin Willis' points per game for his first ten years in the League. Carr and Levingston were also pretty good low post scorers. Koncak and Rollins couldn't score in the layup line.

You're right about Willis. By the end of his run in Atlanta he was more of a scorer, but I don't remember Carr and Levingston ever scoring that much. Of course, with Dominique taking 30 shots a night, there weren't that many opportunities.

I have never quite decided whether I regret that I didn't live down here back during that era of Hawks basketball or not. Probably doesn't matter; instead of watching crappy basketball down here, I was watching crappy basketball in Thompson-Boling. Never saw Dominique Wilkins play live, though.

You're right about Willis. By the end of his run in Atlanta he was more of a scorer, but I don't remember Carr and Levingston ever scoring that much. Of course, with Dominique taking 30 shots a night, there weren't that many opportunities.
They were adequate, not great, off the bench scorers. Carr did score about 20 a game one season for one of the many awful Sacramento teams of the early '90s.

Never saw Dominique Wilkins play live, though.

Back in the late 80s I went to the Omni with some friends to watch Atlanta play Golden State. There was no security whatsoever, so we walked down and were basically right behind the basket on the floor and nobody ever said anything to us. The two things I remember from seeing the game from the floor are how fast Dominique could elevate and get to the rim . . . and on the other side, how freakishly tall Manute Bol is.

Now up to 6-0 and Al Horford just hung 27 pts and 17 rebounds and 6 blocks on Chicago. Remember the slight controversy when it was leaked that Billy Donovan was telling NBA execs that Horford was better than Noah?

Hawks are my 2nd favorite team since i can see every game they play. But yeah Horford was a beast tonight.

Now up to 6-0 and Al Horford just hung 27 pts and 17 rebounds and 6 blocks on Chicago. Remember the slight controversy when it was leaked that Billy Donovan was telling NBA execs that Horford was better than Noah?

I remember Dicky V thought he was on hold on Knoxville radio as he was telling UF fans this. Pretty funny when Dicky got all pissed about it after the news spread; he may have even tried to deny saying it.

Florida Gator or not, Horford is an absolute stud! Big test tonight in Boston.

I don't hold out much hope for them on the road at Boston in the 2nd of a back to backer, but if they do win they are going to start getting some serious attention.

The Hawks are absolutely for real. Tied with Boston with 5 min left!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I don't even care if they win at this point. This has been a great game and they've proved their point.

I love Joe Johnson! Number 2 is the most popular number in Atlanta right now!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back