Atlanta Braves Thread (Fredi-free Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 200% convinced Dobbs would be a better shortstop than Aybar right now

Really happy for Brian Snitker. Got to halfway know him years ago when he was coaching in the low minors. Really nice guy.

Snitker's first lineup!

5/17 #Braves @ #Pirates (7:05)
Inciarte LF
Markakis RF
Freeman 1B
Pierzynski C
Beckham 3B
K.Johnson 2B
Castro SS
Blair P
Smith CF

Snitker's first lineup!

5/17 #Braves @ #Pirates (7:05)
Inciarte LF
Markakis RF
Freeman 1B
Pierzynski C
Beckham 3B
K.Johnson 2B
Castro SS
Blair P
Smith CF

No Aybar. Smith in the lineup. I already like him.

TP to bench coach is something I like. Snitker is a good choice for interim, so if you do actually decide to go with TP or Eddie Perez in the off season, someone else can soak up about *75 more losses this year and "protect" the new guy for 2017.

Hahaha Joe Simpson already just going off on the Braves FO

Why is the pitcher batting ahead of Smith?

Is he that bad of a hitter?

There's this really dumb baseball strategy where you get two lead off hitters batting back to back and put the pitcher 8th. I think it's stupid.

It's all relative depending on roster and lineup construction. To me it's a no brainer in AL. NL obviously has different challenges

It's all relative depending on roster and lineup construction. To me it's a no brainer in AL. NL obviously has different challenges

The whole pitcher hitting 8 or 9 thing probably doesn't matter as much as we think. By the 6th inning it goes out the window anyway most nights.

Hahaha Joe Simpson already just going off on the Braves FO

His "maybe they should be just fired 10 or 12 guys and made Fredi's job easier" is just dumb as hell. He knows Fredi has wet the bed with good teams down the stretch, managed a bullpen on an 8th grade level and is a cliche machine that couldn't motivate an IBS sufferer to take a dump at a Waffle House.

Chip and Joe are already unbearable tonight. Bunch of sycophants

With Fredi gone, Joe Simpson assumes the mantle of most incompetent member of the organization. At worst he's tied 1a and 1b with Aybar.

Joe at least gets bonus points for being the hold back guy when George Brett tried to kill the umpire in the pine tar incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back