Arkansas suspends point guard Fortson

I thought Fortson acted like a punk in the Tennessee game. Did y'all see when a Vol walked between him and one of his teamates doing some kind of extended low five gig and Fortson gave the Vol a forearm to the chest?

I remember that too. Fortson also acted out in the Auburn game. I was told by those attending the game that he was not playing hard the whole game, he fouled out of the game and then (after fouling out) got a technical.

Pel talked to CF's mom after the game and told her he was going to have to discipline him for attitude issues (per CF's mom in an article yesterday).

Surprisingly, CF's mom has supported Pel's decision to discipline her son.

I remember that too. Fortson also acted out in the Auburn game. I was told by those attending the game that he was not playing hard the whole game, he fouled out of the game and then (after fouling out) got a technical.

Pel talked to CF's mom after the game and told her he was going to have to discipline him for attitude issues (per CF's mom in an article yesterday).

Surprisingly, CF's mom has supported Pel's decision to discipline her son.
That is surprising these days when parents want to blame all things on someone else except their kid. Fortson obviously has been raised by good parents so I wonder how he became such a punk.

That is surprising these days when parents want to blame all things on someone else except their kid. Fortson obviously has been raised by good parents so I wonder how he became such a punk.

Probably the "little man with long hair syndrome"...
(Oh yea, and girl name)

It wasn't heat of the moment. It was Fortson being the POS that he is.
Posted via VolNation Mobile
Exactly. It wasn't about viciousness, it was about being a punk.

This isn't even the same kind of situation. What Watson did to Noah happens in just about every game while shoving someone for basically walking down the court isn't exactly a basketball move.

Fortson is doing a good job of showing why I said on this site last year that Tennessee shouldn't recruit him or anyone else from that "school."

I glanced at Yahoo's preview of the game, and it sounds like Fortson will be back tonight. So, Pelphrey only made him miss the KY game. :whistling:

I glanced at Yahoo's preview of the game, and it sounds like Fortson will be back tonight. So, Pelphrey only made him miss the KY game. :whistling:

You can't be seriously suggesting that Pel took Fortson out just to throw the UK game? If you are, then, you can borrow my book on UFOs.

You can't be seriously suggesting that Pel took Fortson out just to throw the UK game? If you are, then, you can borrow my book on UFOs.
Why not? Pelphrey needs to keep himself ingratiated with the UK public so he can sell lots of insurance to them when Arkansas fires his incompetent arse.

Why not? Pelphrey needs to keep himself ingratiated with the UK public so he can sell lots of insurance to them when Arkansas fires his incompetent arse.

Pel is enough of a Kentucky hero for that never to matter.

Pel is enough of a Kentucky hero for that never to matter.

He's yet to do anything as a head coach to make him less of a KY hero. If he ever brings a contending team into Rupp and wins, I doubt he'll be cheered out the door. I'm not saying he'll be hated overnight. I'm just saying that a long and prosperous career as the Arky head coach would begin to override his status as a former player, especially to younger fans.

But, Hat's probably right on this one. I doubt he'll be an SEC coach for more than a few years. We'll see though.

VN Store

Back