Arkansas suspends point guard Fortson

McCat

Rent free in your head
Arkansas suspends point guard Fortson

Pelphrey says he wants 'disciplined program'

By Jerry Tipton / jtipton@herald-leader.com

Arkansas Coach John Pelphrey dropped a bombshell Thursday when he announced the indefinite suspension of Courtney Fortson. That meant the Razorbacks will not have their starting point guard against Kentucky on Saturday.

Fortson has directed Arkansas all season. Earlier this season, he recorded a triple-double, which reflects his all-around importance to the Razorbacks.
At his customary news conference to discuss the upcoming game, Pelphrey refused to say why he suspended Fortson.

"I think we deserve a disciplined program," Pelphrey said. "I think the coaching we've had, the players we've had, the success we've had, it's just what I believe."

Arkansas suspends point guard Fortson | KentuckySports.com

Pelphrey, mired in last place, chooses to suddenly exert some discipline on a player he's allowed to run wild all year and the next game just happens to be Kentucky. Interesting.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Pelphrey, mired in last place, chooses to suddenly exert some discipline on a player he's allowed to run wild all year and the next game just happens to be Kentucky. Interesting.

why would he do this just before the kentucky game?

I am hating Pelphrey right about now.

I thought Fortson acted like a punk in the Tennessee game. Did y'all see when a Vol walked between him and one of his teamates doing some kind of extended low five gig and Fortson gave the Vol a forearm to the chest?

I thought Fortson acted like a punk in the Tennessee game. Did y'all see when a Vol walked between him and one of his teamates doing some kind of extended low five gig and Fortson gave the Vol a forearm to the chest?

I remember that. The announcers commented that the officials must have missed it.

They didn't miss it - both Tabb and Fortson got technical fouls - which is stupid - Tabb has every right to walk between them on the court... it's not like he was looking at them or taunting them.

They didn't miss it - both Tabb and Fortson got technical fouls - which is stupid - Tabb has every right to walk between them on the court... it's not like he was looking at them or taunting them.
Exactly. Fortson's reaction made me put the punkass tag on him and it has apparently stuck.

You're right. Now, I remember.

I saw that game and don't remember a blatant foul just for the sake of hostility. Sorry if you're a Hog fan but I missed the Chism thing.

I'm not a Hog fan at all. Just saying that it's absurd to judge a player based on one thing that happened during the heat of the moment. I remember a totally different attitude from everyone on here when Watson busted Noah's teeth out a couple of years ago.

I'm not a Hog fan at all. Just saying that it's absurd to judge a player based on one thing that happened during the heat of the moment. I remember a totally different attitude from everyone on here when Watson busted Noah's teeth out a couple of years ago.
Noah deserved to get his mouth busted. Fortson could've gone with the flow of the game instead of lashing out. Wait a minute, isn't this thread about Fortson gettin the boot?

Oh yeah, swinging your elbows to clear some space is the same thing as shoving a guy who dared to walk in front of you.

Oh yeah, swinging your elbows to clear some space is the same thing as shoving a guy who dared to walk in front of you.

You make it seem as if Fortson made some type of vicious hit on Tabb. It was a heat of the moment deal. No harm, no foul.

Noah deserved to get his mouth busted. Fortson could've gone with the flow of the game instead of lashing out. Wait a minute, isn't this thread about Fortson gettin the boot?

Next time Bruce gets a technical I'll be sure to point out that Bruce should just go with the flow instead of lashing out to a ref.

VN Store

Back