Arkansas Game

Some hotel properties don't open their inventory to sell until six months prior to arrival or they only make a limited part of their inventory available til then like 50%. I wouldn't give up hope quite yet.

Here in Arkansas, their fans are every bit as confident in their rebuild as we are. From what I've seen and heard, a lot if not the majority aren't even looking at Tennessee as a serious threat. They see us more as another middle of the pack team to get through before they get to the Auburn's and Alabama's. Now we may be that, but so are they and while we had the 2nd ranked class in the SEC, they had the 12th. This will be a great game, and one that we need to win for the perception of our rebuild.

I'll take Arky fans over Mizzou fans any day. Mizzou sees us the same way but sheesh, hopefully they will be brought back down to earth this year. It's always easy to put down a team that's going through a rough patch such as Tennessee. But do you really want to talk trash to a team that has the tradition we do? I think Arky fans know we'll be back on (Rocky) top. We'll just have to show the Mizzou fans what tradition means.

I'll take Arky fans over Mizzou fans any day. Mizzou sees us the same way but sheesh, hopefully they will be brought back down to earth this year. It's always easy to put down a team that's going through a rough patch such as Tennessee. But do you really want to talk trash to a team that has the tradition we do? I think Arky fans know we'll be back on (Rocky) top. We'll just have to show the Mizzou fans what tradition means.

Yeah, I don't really have a huge problem with Arkansas fans or really even with the Razorbacks. They are just getting a little uppity over here and it bothers me, haha.

Reactions: 2 people
So am I. (U.T., classes of 73 and 75)

Well I'd all but guarantee I've seen you then.

Do you sport any UT gear on your vehicle?

I've seen a guy at lowes a couple of times wearing UT gear and my wife and son spoke to someone at Walmart I believe.

Also
There's another fan that lives in nwa that is dating a girl in Pocola Oklahoma.

Another one that lives in Ft Smith that's stationed at the air national guard base (I think)
And I passed a guy on a motorcycle headed south on 271 (toward bonanza) several months ago. I was in my pick up and he spotted my Tennessee Vols hat and waved.

There's a few of us around.

Also
There's another fan that lives in nwa that is dating a girl in Pocola Oklahoma.

Another one that lives in Ft Smith that's stationed at the air national guard base (I think)
And I passed a guy on a motorcycle headed south on 271 (toward bonanza) several months ago. I was in my pick up and he spotted my Tennessee Vols hat and waved.

There's a few of us around.

this post reminded me, where's the troopers number

I'll be heading to TN soon, and passing thru

Yeah, I don't really have a huge problem with Arkansas fans or really even with the Razorbacks. They are just getting a little uppity over here and it bothers me, haha.

:) Yeah they do have a short memory, but I remind them that we completely own them in the series. I came up behind someone the other day in my neighborhood that has a VOLSROCK license plate. Made my day. I believe there is also an older gentlemen that has a tricked out Vol golf cart. Conversely, there is also some terd with a
VOLH8R license plate. I had to fight the urge to ram their vehicle, but then I just realized none of our fans would ever have a a HOGH8R plate so I just laughed and felt sorry for them!

Reactions: 1 person
:) Yeah they do have a short memory, but I remind them that we completely own them in the series. I came up behind someone the other day in my neighborhood that has a VOLSROCK license plate. Made my day. I believe there is also an older gentlemen that has a tricked out Vol golf cart. Conversely, there is also some terd with a
VOLH8R license plate. I had to fight the urge to ram their vehicle, but then I just realized none of our fans would ever have a a HOGH8R plate so I just laughed and felt sorry for them!

I might have this license plate.

Reactions: 2 people
Arkansas lost some key components of our defense, and I'm still concerned about our secondary. This game worries me, and it will be a long 10+ hours drive home if we lose. I am encouraged with our tight ends/running game/OL, and although our QB is no star, I am confident in his ability to manage the game if he stays healthy. We shall see.

I thought Arkansas was very impressive last year. Running game is physical and fantastic. QB is athletic and can make plays...he's underrated imo. Defense plays nasty. You guys had some great wins and "great losses" last year while playing in the toughest conference/division (SEC West) in the country. Make no mistake, while Vols fans hopeful and excited about our 2015 team, this game worries us as well.

How many do y'all return in the defensive 2-deep? You guys looked great against LSU last year. That was the only game I really got to watch of yalls tho.

We lost Spaight, Flowers and Philon on defense this year. They were a big part of our shutouts of LSU and Ole Miss, as well as our close one with Bama. I don't know anyone up here who is dismissing Tennessee. We see you as a program on the rise, and I would not travel that far if I thought it was a given either way. And it looks like we will see you on the court tomorrow night, now. I will try to post our depth chart, but don't know how that will go.

IMG_0663_zpsqleewpn2.png
[/URL][/IMG]

I might have this license plate.

LOL, well I stand corrected! I just haven't ever met any Tennessee fans that actually hate Arkansas. We've beaten them like 75% of the times that we have played them, so it's not really a rivalry. Though I guess living in Hog country while being one of their most hated teams might make you dislike them. My husband told me when we met that Tennessee was his most hated SEC team. I'm suprised we even ended up dating :p I have never minded them, though I did want to pop a few of their fans after the 2011 game.

Thanks buddy. Man y'all's O-Line is some big ol Boys! Also looks like y'all have good size all through the 2-deep. Are their any weak points on Offense or Defense that y'all will be watching during the spring?

Definitely wideout. Hogs are strong up front, but the tight end Hunter Henry is their best receiving threat. Henry is a bad dude

Seems Wideout and Linebackers are weaker than last year. Especially since you guys had speights on that LB corps

There's going to be some serious trench warfare going in this game.

I think our D line will do well but I still have lots of worries about our O line.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Both teams are on the rise and should be a really good game. I expect Arky to be undefeated rolling into Knoxville.

Could be a big win for the Vols if they falter against OU or UF. Could put the Vols in the top 10 when they face UGA if they beat all 3.

Our Big Orange Bonecrunchers on the D line are going to put the hurt on some RB's and QB's.

I won't be surprised to see some QB's and RB's helped off the field this season.

The fear of our Vols D line will soon return.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

this post reminded me, where's the troopers number

I'll be heading to TN soon, and passing thru

I haven't seen her in awhile. Granted I've been working on I-49. Now that "freak" is in clarksville, but I'm scared she might ruin you and you wouldn't be the same.

:)

I like our chances vs. the little piglets in Knoxville. If things go well for both teams, this could turn into a huge game. I believe our D will be up to the task of slowing down their run game. 31-27 Vols!

I like our chances vs. the little piglets in Knoxville. If things go well for both teams, this could turn into a huge game. I believe our D will be up to the task of slowing down their run game. 31-27 Vols!

Our D better be up to the challenge or its gonna get gashed. I think we need KMac and/or Shy to be special as freshmen and we better find a top notch MLB before Arky comes calling. I think these things can happen, but there are still a lot of questions up front.

We will need the offense to really click in this game. We cannot afford many three and outs early in the game. If that happens, our D may be so gassed by the fourth quarter that they may not be able to get the Arkansas road grader off of the field.

Thanks buddy. Man y'all's O-Line is some big ol Boys! Also looks like y'all have good size all through the 2-deep. Are their any weak points on Offense or Defense that y'all will be watching during the spring?

LB concerns me. And although I haven't compared the weights, I read on one forum our O-Line was put on a diet. One lineman lost 40 pounds. Trying to increase speed, I guess? I will trust the coaches on that one. I don't know any Hog fan that hates TN. We can't even hate Mizzou, and that rivalry is being forced down our throats. I personally can tolerate any team and their fans except LSU (spit).

I wish Hendrix would of pushed through and stayed his size would of been great opposite of Barnett on running plays.

VN Store

Back