Arkansas Game

We stayed off of exit 392 one game and just called a cab to take us to the stadium. That worked pretty good. After the game u can find a cab to take u back at Calhoun's or on the strip. Or if u tip the cabby good he'll give u his # and u can call him to pick u up and take u back afterwards.

I went through booking.com and tried Oct 3-4 and then went to every individual hotel site to make sure and they all said not available. Is there a 2 night minimum? If so, forget that crap.

I must have typed too fast...
Most are NOT booked. They are blocked for 2+ night minimums at this point. You can (legally) book 2 nights and check out the first morning. Unless they require pre-payment, you have been a prick but they have to just wave good-bye. Sometimes 'medical emergencies' require you to leave, too.

I must have typed too fast...

Sorry, I missed that earlier post. I love the Vols, but I'm sure as hell not paying $700 for a hotel room I only really need for one night. I stayed in one of these exact same hotel rooms for the season opener in 2012 and it was $130, no 2 night requirement. Granted, it was against Austin Peay.

Room reserved and definitely looking forward to my first trip to Knoxville! It should be a good one.

Went to book my hotel today for the Arky game within walking distance of the stadium and every single one of them is booked. $*^&, every good hotel is basically already booked 7 months in advance. Trying to figure out where I should stay and where I can park on gameday that isn't too far of a walk. Any suggestions? Guess I should have hopped on this sooner.

This will be a game that really scares me. We are really undersized on the DLine until our FR DLine guys are ready to play. Arkansas has a bigger Online than most NFL teams and are really physical. If Allen becomes a better passer then they are going to be hard to stop. They also play really good D and were a play or two in every game except Auburn and easily could have been 11-1 and playing in the SEC Championship. They completely shut down A.Cooper and Alabama's offense along with most everybody else. This game somewhat reminds me of how fans were in the preseason who were counting Ole Miss as a win. This will be our second hardest game at the worst next season. And with Ala replacing all they are on offense it could be our toughest. JMO on that and games are all about matchups. Arky will be a team we don't match up well with right now. That could change by time we play them and will depend on adding more size to our DLine. But as it stands right now with what we have coming back as starters on our DLine it is a matchup nightmare. Fortunately we get them at home but home field hasn't been much of an advantage of late. I can't stand Bielema and think dude is a whiny bit#& but I give him credit on his coaching last yr. They found ways to lose the games they did, especially Ala, Mizzou and A'M. But once they got that first SEC win and gained confidence they were pretty much unbeatable.

welcome to VN

What part of Arkansas you in Vol? I have seen quite a few Vol fans out here in Little Rock. When I lived in Arizona I used to meet up with a group of Vol fans to watch games, we need a group like that here in Arky!

Went to book my hotel today for the Arky game within walking distance of the stadium and every single one of them is booked. $*^&, every good hotel is basically already booked 7 months in advance. Trying to figure out where I should stay and where I can park on gameday that isn't too far of a walk. Any suggestions? Guess I should have hopped on this sooner.

I would say stay somewhere in Turkey Creek/Cedar Bluff area. If I'm not mistaken you can park at West Town Mall and take a bus to campus.

Edit: Nevermind, should have read the whole thread.

This will be a game that really scares me. We are really undersized on the DLine until our FR DLine guys are ready to play. Arkansas has a bigger Online than most NFL teams and are really physical. If Allen becomes a better passer then they are going to be hard to stop. They also play really good D and were a play or two in every game except Auburn and easily could have been 11-1 and playing in the SEC Championship. They completely shut down A.Cooper and Alabama's offense along with most everybody else. This game somewhat reminds me of how fans were in the preseason who were counting Ole Miss as a win. This will be our second hardest game at the worst next season. And with Ala replacing all they are on offense it could be our toughest. JMO on that and games are all about matchups. Arky will be a team we don't match up well with right now. That could change by time we play them and will depend on adding more size to our DLine. But as it stands right now with what we have coming back as starters on our DLine it is a matchup nightmare. Fortunately we get them at home but home field hasn't been much of an advantage of late. I can't stand Bielema and think dude is a whiny bit#& but I give him credit on his coaching last yr. They found ways to lose the games they did, especially Ala, Mizzou and A'M. But once they got that first SEC win and gained confidence they were pretty much unbeatable.

Did you take in the fact how many guys they lost this year to the draft and graduation? Sure they're running game will be good but they lost a lot on defense.

Reactions: 2 people
I stayed at the La Quinta on paper mill. They have a shuttle to and from the stadium and its only about 10 minutes away. Its a newer hotel too, pretty nice and clean.

What part of Arkansas you in Vol? I have seen quite a few Vol fans out here in Little Rock. When I lived in Arizona I used to meet up with a group of Vol fans to watch games, we need a group like that here in Arky!

In the Northwest Corner, Rogers

Did you take in the fact how many guys they lost this year to the draft and graduation? Sure they're running game will be good but they lost a lot on defense.

And several assistant coaches and their Off Coordinator

Ended up getting a room at Mainstay Suites about 6 miles from the stadium. Guess we'll have to drive in super early on gameday and hope we find decent parking. If all goes well my husband may not want to stay anyway after we beat those little piggies up and down the field. (He's a Raiseyourback Fan):p

Sicc em Smokey..... "SUUUEYYYYYY" :rock:

It's the size matchup and physicality of the Oline vs our very undersized DLine. Exactly why it's critical that KMac, Tuttle and QP contribute early. If not I can't see the DLine holding up against the bigger, more physical OLines. Meaning the more traditional, smash mouth teams like Ala, Ark and GA will be bad matchups. We are getting there but still have a little ways to go to being a being a good defense much less an elite one. Really wished KMac and QP could have come in early like Tuttle was able to do. If we have to depend on O'Brien and Williams getting the majority of DT snaps then that adds even more pressure to the rest of the front 7. Not to mention having no idea what we will get out of the Mike position. Think we are a 7-8 win team at best at this point. Improvement's by Dobbs, the OLine and how quickly the young guys on defense are ready to contribute will determine if we are still a yr away from competing for the East. I'm cautiously optimistic about this season. We honestly could be a 6 win team or a 9+ win team. Really is that much unknown about us right now. Of course that could be said about just about all of the SEC this yr.

Reactions: 1 person

I'm in Fort Smith.

(Sorry- I know I'm not the poster you asked)

Arkansas lost some key components of our defense, and I'm still concerned about our secondary. This game worries me, and it will be a long 10+ hours drive home if we lose. I am encouraged with our tight ends/running game/OL, and although our QB is no star, I am confident in his ability to manage the game if he stays healthy. We shall see.

Arkansas lost some key components of our defense, and I'm still concerned about our secondary. This game worries me, and it will be a long 10+ hours drive home if we lose. I am encouraged with our tight ends/running game/OL, and although our QB is no star, I am confident in his ability to manage the game if he stays healthy. We shall see.

How many do y'all return in the defensive 2-deep? You guys looked great against LSU last year. That was the only game I really got to watch of yalls tho.

Thanks for the assessment. Arky looked to be finishing strong last year and the ground and pound approach is always scary for opponents. Overall, I think they are an up and comer for sure!

Here in Arkansas, their fans are every bit as confident in their rebuild as we are. From what I've seen and heard, a lot if not the majority aren't even looking at Tennessee as a serious threat. They see us more as another middle of the pack team to get through before they get to the Auburn's and Alabama's. Now we may be that, but so are they and while we had the 2nd ranked class in the SEC, they had the 12th. This will be a great game, and one that we need to win for the perception of our rebuild.

Last edited:
Here in Arkansas, their fans are every bit as confident in their rebuild as we are. From what I've seen and heard, a lot if not the majority aren't even looking at Tennessee as a serious threat. They see us more as another middle of the pack team to get through before they get to the Auburn's and Alabama's. Now we may be that, but so are they and while we had the 2nd ranked class in the SEC, they had the 12th. This will be a great game, and one that we need to win for the perception of our rebuild.

I haven't come across that from Arkansas fans here. Most of the ones I know acknowledge Tennessee is right up there with them if not better due to recruiting and they are worried about this game. I honestly think they are going to come in to this game confident, but we are going to embarrass them.

I haven't come across that from Arkansas fans here. Most of the ones I know acknowledge Tennessee is right up there with them if not better due to recruiting and they are worried about this game. I honestly think they are going to come in to this game confident, but we are going to embarrass them.

I guess you found a better class of Arkansas fan, haha. I think it's mostly a combination of homerism, short memories, and denial. It's not just with Arkansas though. People think for some reason that because we've been down for 7 or 8 years, that's means we will stay down forever. They just can't admit to me or to themselves that Tennessee has all the tools necessary now to be at the top. We just need to put them all together.

VN Store

Back