Are the Vols peaking at the right time and

I'm just glad there is a thread about us having a chance to get in, that means things are looking up

I guess I have to redact my previous statement. If we play like that against every other team, we will probably win and definitely be in the discussion as a bubble team. This is pretty shocking to me, as some of you know I have repeatedly said there is 0 possibility of us making it. IMO, we're still fighting an uphill battle if we don't win the SECT.

I'm just so proud. This win just feels so significant. I really hope Cunozo never does anything stupid or unethical.

4 out of the past 5 years 5 SEC teams have made the tournament.

Kentucky
Vanderbilt
Florida
Mississippi State

IMO are clearly the top 4

Alabama 5-4 16-7
Arkansas 5-5. 17-8
Tennessee 5-5. 13-12
Ole Miss 4-5. 14-5

All have their fair share of tough games

Is Tennessee to far behind to catch up? I see Arkansas being our biggest challenge to overcome. A win over them would go a long way

But we get Arky at home. They are a terrible road team, so we have a good shot there. If we play like we did yesterday, we have a shot to make some noise. I've got to see more to be sold that we could make it to the Dance though.

That looked like the UT teams we've come to know the last few years. When we really play defense, we are tough to beat. And McBee is starting to hit a few contested shots as well. Kenny Hall is even showing some signs that he does know how to play. Maybe having Stokes around is waking him up. And as another poster stated, Golden actually looked like a PG yesterday. GO VOLS!!!!

Personally I think we need to win the SEC tourney, or lose to a high ranked Kentucky to dance. We have some good wins but some really bad losses. However, watching the game today, we have the talent to win the SEC tourney. Hell Georgia did it a few years back with fat less talent than we have today.

But the bad loses came early in the season and the good wins have come more recently. Just saying the team is getting better and better and has a chance to beat some more good basketball teams. I thought Coach Martin would be a very good coach for us and I am even more confident that he will continue to elevate our basketball program. As he recruits better players, so will our team improve.

I think they can definitely get into the tournament. Some things I noticed yesterday...

- Richardson - He makes me nervous when he's on the court. I think he had 4 turnovers in a span of 2 minutes yesterday. I don't understand why I keep seeing him on the court or Woolridge for that matter. I saw Woolridge "go after" 4 rebounds yesterday and I swore to myself that some Lady Vol players would've given it more effort.

- Maymon and Stokes = the win or the loss. It makes it even easier on them when McThree is on point with his 3 game.

- McRae and McBee are almost peaking, but Golden is already there. These guys are going to be huge for us down the stretch.

I think they can definitely get into the tournament. Some things I noticed yesterday...

- Richardson - He makes me nervous when he's on the court. I think he had 4 turnovers in a span of 2 minutes yesterday. I don't understand why I keep seeing him on the court or Woolridge for that matter. I saw Woolridge "go after" 4 rebounds yesterday and I swore to myself that some Lady Vol players would've given it more effort.

- Maymon and Stokes = the win or the loss. It makes it even easier on them when McThree is on point with his 3 game.

- McRae and McBee are almost peaking, but Golden is already there. These guys are going to be huge for us down the stretch.

I agree with you on Richardson. He gives a lot of effort, but is making lots of mistakes too. Great hustle though. He could be a good player for us in the coming years. He is just a frosh.

And Woolridge only seems to show up when we are losing. It looks like CCM has figured him out as he is not getting that much playing time.

If Tatum could ever get it going, this could be a dangerous team.

GO VOLS!!!

I agree with you on Richardson. He gives a lot of effort, but is making lots of mistakes too. Great hustle though. He could be a good player for us in the coming years. He is just a frosh.

And Woolridge only seems to show up when we are losing. It looks like CCM has figured him out as he is not getting that much playing time.

If Tatum could ever get it going, this could be a dangerous team.

GO VOLS!!!

We proved yesterday that we don't need Tatum to be a dangerous team.

unless we just go completely backwards we should easily finish over .500, which would usually get you in the nit, especially from sec.
I'm not trying to be a nag, but 11 out of 12 teams from the SEC are currently at .500 (all but USC). Even Georgia is .500. So, it's unlikely that just .500 gets a team into the NIT, even from a good conference. That said, if the Vols play like they did yesterday, they could earn themselves a tourney bid. The toughest games left appear to be @LSU and Vanderbilt. I think they beat Vandy at home but drop the one in Baton Rouge. 10-6 in the SEC is very realistic at this point.

I'm not trying to be a nag, but 11 out of 12 teams from the SEC are currently at .500 (all but USC). Even Georgia is .500. So, it's unlikely that just .500 gets a team into the NIT, even from a good conference. That said, if the Vols play like they did yesterday, they could earn themselves a tourney bid. The toughest games left appear to be @LSU and Vanderbilt. I think they beat Vandy at home but drop the one in Baton Rouge. 10-6 in the SEC is very realistic at this point.

what are you referring to? 10 of 12 are over .500, uga is .500, and SCjr is under .500???????

did that loss blurr your vision?

can't we just enjoy watching our guys play without unreasonable expectations that get our hopes up. we just got our first road win yesterday. we're not making the tournament, watch the rest of the season and know that this season was the start of good things to come.

can't we just enjoy watching our guys play without unreasonable expectations that get our hopes up. we just got our first road win yesterday. we're not making the tournament, watch the rest of the season and know that this season was the start of good things to come.

i dont think anybody is EXPECTING a trip to the big dance, just simply saying it is still possible and this is what it'll take.

if we dont make it i dont think anyone will be dissapointed they realize it was unlikely. if ccm misses it nobody will claim that this wasnt a good season.

i dont think anybody is EXPECTING a trip to the big dance, just simply saying it is still possible and this is what it'll take.

if we dont make it i dont think anyone will be dissapointed they realize it was unlikely. if ccm misses it nobody will claim that this wasnt a good season.

all I'm saying is that we get a couple of wins and people start talking about making the tournament. i hate negavols but this is the team that got held to like 40 points by Georgia in regulation 3 weeks ago, and we just picked up our first road w so yes i think making the tourney is a little unreasonable. I'll call it a good season if we pay Vandy back

all I'm saying is that we get a couple of wins and people start talking about making the tournament. i hate negavols but this is the team that got held to like 40 points by Georgia in regulation 3 weeks ago, and we just picked up our first road w so yes i think making the tourney is a little unreasonable. I'll call it a good season if we pay Vandy back

thats fair enough.

its been a rough time for fans, and everyone before the year wrote off a trip to the dance. people are just having fun with the thought that it is actually a possibility still. i think many thought we'd be out of it a long time ago.

In case anyone didn't notice, Tatum shot 0 FG's yesterday. McBee also played 38 minutes.

Tatum had been 0-9, 0-7, 2-9 and 2-4 in the previous 4 games. At least he was smart enough not to take wild shots yesterday. That helped IMO. McBee playing 38 minutes was a season high. His previous high was 31 against USCjr just the game before.

In case anyone didn't notice, Tatum shot 0 FG's yesterday. McBee also played 38 minutes.

Tatum had been 0-9, 0-7, 2-9 and 2-4 in the previous 4 games. At least he was smart enough not to take wild shots yesterday. That helped IMO. McBee playing 38 minutes was a season high. His previous high was 31 against USCjr just the game before.

wow good call i didnt even notice that, 38 minutes, holy crap. tatum played a blistering 17 minutes, and mcrae 26. i think ccm continues to start tatum because of being a senior, his defense, and the spark mcrae brings, but it is clear who is getting more minutes now. mcrae has surpassed tatum at the 3, and mcbee has surpassed richardson at the 2, 11 minutes for josh.

wow good call i didnt even notice that, 38 minutes, holy crap. tatum played a blistering 17 minutes, and mcrae 26. i think ccm continues to start tatum because of being a senior, his defense, and the spark mcrae brings, but it is clear who is getting more minutes now. mcrae has surpassed tatum at the 3, and mcbee has surpassed richardson at the 2, 11 minutes for josh.

If McRae can play sound defense and not get into foul trouble, I think he'll be taking more of Cam's minutes. Cam is a veteran although he doesn't always play like it, but Martin likes his defense. If McRae played D as good as Cam, he'd be seeing the floor a lot more.

If McRae can play sound defense and not get into foul trouble, I think he'll be taking more of Cam's minutes. Cam is a veteran although he doesn't always play like it, but Martin likes his defense. If McRae played D as good as Cam, he'd be seeing the floor a lot more.

exactly. id look for cam to still get 20-22 minutes a game, and mcbee up around 30, and mcrae around 22, and that leaves around 10 for richardson. that seems about right.

And Cam's stat line? *drum roll..... 2 boards 2 turnovers and 5 fouls in 17 minutes.

because he had some costly turnovers and a bad blown layup that got blocked due to show boating. he'll be good for us in the long run but CCM is doing good by limiting his minutes

VN Store

Back