Are the Vols peaking at the right time and

your right, i dont count chaminade, because neither does the rpi.

by rpi standards we are 12-12

Forgot about that. Still think if we win out and win at least 2-3 in SEC tourney, we're in the NCAA. Longshot? Yes, but so was beating FL in Gainesville. THis team is made for tourney time because of their style of play, deliberate and tough on defense.

Ya know, the SEC tourny doesn't seem as daunting as it used to. I'm not saying we'll win it or even win a game, but with a team that plays this hard defensively we can play with anyone.

ive said this for awhile now...

NOBODY except UK scares me in the bracket.

Forgot about that. Still think if we win out and win at least 2-3 in SEC tourney, we're in the NCAA. Longshot? Yes, but so was beating FL in Gainesville. THis team is made for tourney time because of their style of play, deliberate and tough on defense.

oh im the biggest ncaa tournament optimist you'll find here...

i think if we go 5-1(lose to vandy), and win 2 games in sec T we are in.

if we go 6-0 rest of the way, and get first round bye in sec t, we can win 1 and lose in semi-final and still be fine IMO

Watching the KY/Vandy game. Is there a more "geeky" looking studenet section than the Commodores student section??? Good gosh...

The strength of the bubble will also play a part of our slim chances. We need it to be as weak as last year. Not holding my breath but there is a chance to dance in March.

oh im the biggest ncaa tournament optimist you'll find here...

i think if we go 5-1(lose to vandy), and win 2 games in sec T we are in.

if we go 6-0 rest of the way, and get first round bye in sec t, we can win 1 and lose in semi-final and still be fine IMO

You think we get in at 20-14? Not so sure, but it's been done before.

You think we get in at 20-14? Not so sure, but it's been done before.

we are 12-12(by rpi standards) if we go 5-1 rest of the way we are 17-13 heading into sec t. if we dont get a bye and win 3 games and lose in the championship, we're 20-14.

according to rpiforecast.com

if we were to do that scenario, tennessee RPI is in the 40's. we'd be a lock with that rpi.

we are 12-12(by rpi standards) if we go 5-1 rest of the way we are 17-13 heading into sec t. if we dont get a bye and win 3 games and lose in the championship, we're 20-14.

according to rpiforecast.com

if we were to do that scenario, tennessee RPI is in the 40's. we'd be a lock with that rpi.

I think getting to the SEC CHampionship game would definitely get us in based on that scenario. Outside of KY, I think we can play with any team in the SEC

I think getting to the SEC CHampionship game would definitely get us in based on that scenario. Outside of KY, I think we can play with any team in the SEC

the issue could honestly be do we get a bye?

our team could really use 3 wins in the sec t, if we get a bye 3 wins is sec championship.

so its almost easier to get 3 wins not getting a bye, BUT at the same time we want to win as many reg season games as you can .

IMO most likely scenario for us is, lose 1 more be 17-13, dont get a bye, win 3 games be 20-13 and prob lose to uk in championship and be 20-14. to me that is the most likely and easiest path, it allows us a loss in the reg season still.

obviously best case though would be 6-0, be 18-12, get a bye, win 2, lose to uk in championship and be 20-13. one less loss than other scenario would mean higher rpi.

either one of those scenarios and we're a lock.

we probably even get in going 5-1, 17-13, win 2 games in sec t and lose in semi's and be 19-14. i think we can even get in with that scenario, rpi would be right at 60, wed be bubble team.

can they win out in the SEC , win at least 2 games in the SEC tourney and get in the NCAA?

I think it is possible because:

1. Jordan McRae is playing more like we expected coming into the season
2. Kenny Hall is playing tougher and getting rebounds
3. McBee is hitting shots and his teammates are getting him the ball when he is open on the perimeter
4. Golden is playing more like a PG, distributing the ball and not taking 15 shots a game trying to do it all himself
5. Maymon is a beast
6. Stokes will continue to improve and makes teams double down which opens up shots on the perimeter for McBee, McRae, GOlden
7. THe entire team is playing smothering defense. FL was not getting many good shots from the perimeter until the last couple of minutes when we were not wanting to foul

I think that 18 is the magic number. If we win 5 more games, then we reach 18 wins. With 18 wins, we are a bubble team.
With wins against UConn, Florida at home and Florida on the road, we should get in the tournament. With 18 wins, the loss to Austin Peay could hurt us though.
We have six more game, and then we hit the S.E.C. tourney. So, we have at least 7 games to amass 5 more wins.
IF we stay focused, we can get there. If we lose sight of one game at a time, then we could be in trouble.
Very little margin for error.

the issue could honestly be do we get a bye?

our team could really use 3 wins in the sec t, if we get a bye 3 wins is sec championship.

so its almost easier to get 3 wins not getting a bye, BUT at the same time we want to win as many reg season games as you can .

IMO most likely scenario for us is, lose 1 more be 17-13, dont get a bye, win 3 games be 20-13 and prob lose to uk in championship and be 20-14. to me that is the most likely and easiest path, it allows us a loss in the reg season still.

obviously best case though would be 6-0, be 18-12, get a bye, win 2, lose to uk in championship and be 20-13. one less loss than other scenario would mean higher rpi.

either one of those scenarios and we're a lock.

we probably even get in going 5-1, 17-13, win 2 games in sec t and lose in semi's and be 19-14. i think we can even get in with that scenario, rpi would be right at 60, wed be bubble team.

Let's hope the crowd Wed. night vs. Ark. gets into the game and helps keep this streak going. Basically, every game from here on out is like a "play-in" game for the NCAA tourney.

Just win 4 games in 4 days in SEC tournament and lets go to the NCAA for 7th straight season. That being said we gonna still be fortunate to make any postseason tourney. NIT or any other for that matter. No matter the outcome proud of what this team has accomplished.

We are an NIT lock...

I think that 18 is the magic number. If we win 5 more games, then we reach 18 wins. With 18 wins, we are a bubble team.
With wins against UConn, Florida at home and Florida on the road, we should get in the tournament. With 18 wins, the loss to Austin Peay could hurt us though.
We have six more game, and then we hit the S.E.C. tourney. So, we have at least 7 games to amass 5 more wins.
IF we stay focused, we can get there. If we lose sight of one game at a time, then we could be in trouble.
Very little margin for error.

Would like to think you're right but 18-14 won't get us in with our losses to AP, Oakland and Charleston

Vandy getting spanked at home by Cats.... KY is basically an NBA development team.

Personally I think we need to win the SEC tourney, or lose to a high ranked Kentucky to dance. We have some good wins but some really bad losses. However, watching the game today, we have the talent to win the SEC tourney. Hell Georgia did it a few years back with fat less talent than we have today.

The only shot we get to the tourney is if we win the conf tourney. Stop being ridiculous we will be a 13-15 loss team. That is a NIT type record.

The only shot we get to the tourney is if we win the conf tourney. Stop being ridiculous we will be a 13-15 loss team. That is a NIT type record.

Saying that 15 losses prevents us from getting in is incorrect. There are 13-15 loss teams in the tourney frequently,take a look 2011 UT tourney team's record..

VN Store

Back