Are people really already giving up on Worley??

Butch seemed suprised in his post game about Dobbs performance . Which tells me a few things....namely that Butch thought he had the best guy on the field with Worley. Which makes me wonder a few things and I am interested to see how the coach handles:
- Is Dobbs not showing up well in practice ?
- Can he recognize defenses ? Is he capable of bringing enough plays in for an entire game ?
- Have not watched the game again ...but Bama was playing alot of safe defenses in the 2nd half given their lead . How will Dobbs do against a full on attacking defense ?

I think these are all things the coaches will consider going forward

I'm behind Worley. I like him as a QB. He's a tough kid. I just think at this point Dobbs gives UT the best chance to win.

That Dobbs is a much better QB.
Worley has given this all for Tennessee, has worked his butt off, kept turnovers to a minimum, and has done his best to be consistent with his accuracy.
We finally got to see Dobbs play. He brought something we needed in the 2nd half. He was confident and aggresive in move the chains. No disrespect to Worley, but we really need Dobbs to start.

Reactions: 1 person
Injury or not, he's not exactly been tearing it up all year. He's a junior, so if he has not gotten better at this point, he probably never will.

This man says Hi!

3537556.jpeg

Butch seemed suprised in his post game about Dobbs performance . Which tells me a few things....namely that Butch thought he had the best guy on the field with Worley. Which makes me wonder a few things and I am interested to see how the coach handles:
- Can he recognize defenses ? Is he capable of bringing enough plays in for an entire game ?
- Have not watched the game again ...but Bama was playing alot of safe defenses in the 2nd half given their lead . How will Dobbs do against a full on attacking defense ?
Code:

With all that being said...Dobbs hands down. End of discussion.

Has there been any statement made on the status of Worley"s thumb/hand injury? All I heard yesterday was that his injury was being evaluated, and haven't seen anything mentioned...thanks in advance, and my apologies if I have just missed it.

With all that being said...Dobbs hands down. End of discussion.

No, it's not end of discussion. The coaches are not going to base a decision like that solely on a second half performance against the #1 team in the country who was basically playing the 2nd half to protect a lead. These coaches have worked with our QB's every day since August! They know what each of them can and can't do! If Worley is healthy and ready to go I'd say he'll be the started on Saturday.

Saying he "led" much of anything is a little shaky. He's been marginal in every game he's played... including SC.

Pretty much.

Worley has improved. Dobbs made the best of his chance and if he continues to get chances and he continues to take advantage of them he ll be hard to remove.

He looks like he fits the system we are trying to run. That's not a slight toward Justin it's just the way it is.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Pretty much.

Worley has improved. Dobbs made the best of his chance and if he continues to get chances and he continues to take advantage of them he ll be hard to remove.

He looks like he fits the system we are trying to run. That's not a slight toward Justin it's just the way it is.

He is tough as hell...and frankly I love the guy's attitude. He simply doesn't have the physical tools necessary to compete with the big boys.

Justin Worley has my support and respect as a QB, but I doubt he'll be back at 100% by Saturday and IMO he needs some time to heal to avoid being a liability to this team. With Dobbs's red shirt being burned, it seems like there's no remaining reason not to play him until Worley has a chance to heal.

I don't think Butch looked surprised Dobbs could play at high level/run the offense. Rather, I think Jones was trying to suppress a grin when spoke of Dobbs' performance and I don't blame him. Given the circumstances, Dobbs exceeded expectations (no matter how high) for any true freshman getting his first snaps. And he did so -- big time.

Remember this was Ala-freaking-bubba.

I don't think Butch looked surprised Dobbs could play at high level/run the offense. Rather, I think Jones was trying to suppress a grin when spoke of Dobbs' performance and I don't blame him. Given the circumstances, Dobbs exceeded expectations (no matter how high) for any true freshman getting his first snaps. And he did so -- big time.

Remember this was Ala-freaking-bubba.

100% spot on.

worley needs to rest his hand so it can heal and get better or have surgery or whatever. he doesn't not need to play with a hand that is not a 100% that does not give us the best chance to win.

He is tough as hell...and frankly I love the guy's attitude. He simply doesn't have the physical tools necessary to compete with the big boys.

He has gotten better and gutted out the biggest win we ve had in several years. He should be applauded for that.

honestly i cringe when worley is the qb and have the whole season. dobbs brings excitement and lots of potential to the game. worley should be commended for what he has done. but i think dobbs is the future with worley the back up next year and ferguson after that.

One thing Dobbs hasn't been able to show yet is composure, and thats what is needed. Hasn't had the opportunity yet, but I think Worley has shown enough to remain the starter for now if healthy.

I think Worley has played his heart out- but he was a transitional quarterback this year until the staff could develop a QB that fit their system better. I agree with the earlier post that said Worley was disadvantaged by a former coaching staff that couldn't prepare anyone. I thought Dobbs showed a lot of poise for someone taking his first collegiate snaps against the best team in the country.

No, it's not end of discussion. The coaches are not going to base a decision like that solely on a second half performance against the #1 team in the country who was basically playing the 2nd half to protect a lead. These coaches have worked with our QB's every day since August! They know what each of them can and can't do! If Worley is healthy and ready to go I'd say he'll be the started on Saturday.

It was said 2 weeks ago that the 2q freshmen were ready but the coaches didnt want to waste a redshirt just to see what they looked like on the field. So Dobbs and ferguson HAS been ready.

One thing Dobbs hasn't been able to show yet is composure, and thats what is needed. Hasn't had the opportunity yet, but I think Worley has shown enough to remain the starter for now if healthy.

Starting your first ever game at Alabama and not turning it over as well as moving the chains and having a TD drive isn't showing
Composure? I'm sorry but enough with this Worley is a game manager or shows composure nonsense. I want a QB that will actually make plays, and is actually for for the offense. I'm happy we beat USCjr. But Worley isn't why we won. I don't want to rely on our defense to over achieve and luck out on offense. I want a a QB that can make plays and put points on the board, and in the end, Dobbs has 10X more potential than Worley right now. I get it, Worley is a nice kid. But Dobbs is wearing a UT uniform too, and I think he is a bigger threat.

Reactions: 5 people
Dobbs is a unknown quantity that inspires hope. With Worley, familiarity breeds contempt. I remember when Worley signed, and immediately helped recruit. I think he is a VFL and a good kid. Now that Dobbs' redshirt is burned, let the competition begin.

Worley is tough as nails, but he may not know when it is more harmful than good to gut it out. He needs the play time and could be an exceptional QB, I think most realize that. It's just working out that way right now.

Starting your first ever game at Alabama and not turning it over as well as moving the chains and having a TD drive isn't showing
Composure? I'm sorry but enough with this Worley is a game manager or shows composure nonsense. I want a QB that will actually make plays, and is actually for for the offense. I'm happy we beat USCjr. But Worley isn't why we won. I don't want to rely on our defense to over achieve and luck out on offense. I want a a QB that can make plays and put points on the board, and in the end, Dobbs has 10X more potential than Worley right now. I get it, Worley is a nice kid. But Dobbs is wearing a UT uniform too, and I think he is a bigger threat.

UH, That's how Worley started.

VN Store

Back