Are people really already giving up on Worley??

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
Is this a joke?

The man led us to our first upset in 4 years and he doesn't play well with an injury against the #1 team in the country and everyone is ready to see him benched??

Good grief, are people stupid or just irrational? Or both?

Reactions: 17 people
Is this a joke?

The man led us to our first upset in 4 years and he doesn't play well with an injury against the #1 team in the country and everyone is ready to see him benched??

It business, not personal

Best player will play, and if it's Worley, then so be it. I don't anyone here will disagree with that.

Reactions: 19 people
Is this a joke?

He needs time to heal. Competition is healthy. Go Vols!

Reactions: 1 person
Dobbs looked very good in a hostile environment against one of the best statistical defenses in the nation. It's not that people are giving up on Worley, it's just that they saw a consistently accurate quarterback that actually kept the ball on the zone read.

Last edited:
Reactions: 28 people
Injury or not, he's not exactly been tearing it up all year. He's a junior, so if he has not gotten better at this point, he probably never will.

Reactions: 8 people
Is this a joke?

I haven't given up on Worley but I have decided that until he's 100% healthy, Dobbs should get the start.

Reactions: 4 people
Alex Smith got hurt after doing pretty well at SF. Then Kaepernick took over, outperformed him and got the starting job.

It's not that Worley sucks, he's a so-so QB that isn't terrible. It's just that the ceiling is so much higher with Dobbs than Worley. We're currently almost dead last in the SEC for passing offense. That has to change.

Reactions: 13 people
It business, not personal

Best player will play, and if it's Worley, then so be it. I don't anyone here will disagree with that.

I agree 100%. But in threads of people saying "who will start next week" I'm seeing a lot of "it better be Dobbs" and "if Worley starts it's going to raise some eyebrows".

The vol fanbase never ceases to amaze me.

Dobbs looked very good in a hostile environment against one of the best statistical defenses in the nation. It's not that people are giving up on Worley, it's just that they saw a consistently accurate quarterback that actually kept the ball.

Is this a joke?

Saying he "led" much of anything is a little shaky. He's been marginal in every game he's played... including SC.

Reactions: 8 people
Is this a joke?

Worley = AJ Suggs.

He's played well at times, but he's not the long term answer at QB. He's not that accurate, and doesn't have the speed to make up for it. He's also on pace to throw about 17 TDs and picks this year.

He's the perfect example of the term "serviceable." That's great for a team that has a lot of weapons, but we aren't one at this point.

I'm not giving up on him, but he's a guy with an 11/13 TD to Int ratio for his career, and he hasn't shown that he can improve much more than he already has.

Reactions: 7 people
Alex Smith got hurt after doing pretty well at SF. Then Kaepernick took over, outperformed him and got the starting job.

It's not that Worley sucks, he's a so-so QB that isn't terrible. It's just that the ceiling is so much higher with Dobbs than Worley. We're currently almost dead last in the SEC for passing offense. That has to change.

Now the Cheifs are 7-0 😁

We've all seen dobbs and think he's better. I think when he gets reps with the first team in practice he will give us a better chance to win. When worley is healthy he can compete for the starting spot.

We just want to win and think dobbs gives us the best chance to do so

dobbs out played Worley yesterday against the #1 team in the nation...hit WRs on the money he can't help some WR's cant catch and dobbs can pull the ball down and take off with it if need be so sick of Worley sitting in the pocket throwing off his back foot or not setting his feet

With his thumb in the shape it is in, there's really no point in talking about who should start. Until he is healed, there's no real conversation: Dobbs all the way.

Worley wouldn't have been replaced with Dobb's if his thumb would not have been injured again.

If Worley plays better than Dobb's, play Worley; however, if not, play Dobb's or Feg so that we have the best chance to win.

Also, I'm a Worley supporter but it's business, not personal reasons of why he gets pull permanently, if he does.

Dobbs actually looked more confident in the game in my opinion, Worley has had the same issues all year, and he can't play on the road apparently. I say Dobbs or Ferg are the future, one of them needs to take the reins.

im not giving up on him but he is injured and we need to finish the season strong, so why take a chance at keeping him in when he is not 100%?! its not like he may have a broken finger and he is a RB, the guy has to throw with that hand and we could all clearly see yesterday he can't and cost us points. Its nothing personal, the guy gives his all for us and his team and we love him for it, he just can't go with that hand.

Is this a joke?

Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl and Rex Grossman almost did, point being is that you can be a bad QB and still win big games. Bad qbs win big games all the time. There is a difference between being the guy in there to not screw it up and being a guy in there that can win you the game. Worley is the former and what we need right now is the latter.

Reactions: 2 people
I haven't given up on Worley but I have decided that until he's 100% healthy, Dobbs should get the start.

This.

Honestly, I don't think it is fair to Worley to keep sticking him out there with an injured thumb on his throwing hand.

VN Store

Back