Are NFL Games Fixed?

Are NFL Games Fixed?

• Yes

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 46.7%

• Total voters
Cowboys should be absolutely terrified. They got a C game from the Lions and needed a miracle 92 yarder to CeeDee plus bungled officiating to pull that game out. You don’t want to play Detroit again.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Brad Allen never stopped and stood and looked at him and said I got you. But let’s go with the cowboy haters logic here across America and say ya know what, he did check in, but the Lions were still in an illegal formation. So either way, suck it Detroit.
How were they in an illegal formation? They had seven guys on the line of scrimmage and decker was uncovered.

Reactions: VolPack22
Cowboys should be absolutely terrified. They got a C game from the Lions and needed a miracle 92 yarder to CeeDee plus bungled officiating to pull that game out. You don’t want to play Detroit again.
C game ..

You think Dallas played their A game ? 👍👍👍

Reactions: NO SIR EEE
If Dallas would’ve played their A game, we would’ve beaten Detroit by 20

Dak threw for 350 yards
CeeDee had 230 yards
You picked Goff twice
You held Detroit to 4-13 on 3rd down despite the average yardage being 4.5 yards on 3rd down
You held Detroit to 125 yards rushing
Despite giving Detroit two turnovers, the Lions scored 0 points off them
You had your entire O-Line starting

Bad news…that was your A game

Brad Allen never stopped and stood and looked at him and said I got you. But let’s go with the cowboy haters logic here across America and say ya know what, he did check in, but the Lions were still in an illegal formation. So either way, suck it Detroit.
They weren’t in an illegal formation. NFL network and Kurt Warner literally broke it down step by step. I’ll take a Super Bowl winning QB word over yours any day of the week 🤷‍♂️

Cowboys fans just need to take the gifted W and STFU. We all saw what happened and if you try to say otherwise you just come off as an ignorant SOB and add to the hatred of the fanbase. Take the W and move on.

Reactions: 95 Vol Alum
The ref clearly messed up but Dan Campbell still decided to go for 2 when he obviously should have kicked the PAT. Detroit had been outplaying us and drove down the field effortlessly to tie the game. This game should have gone to OT, and Detroit most likely wins in OT.

Dak threw for 350 yards
CeeDee had 230 yards
You picked Goff twice
You held Detroit to 4-13 on 3rd down despite the average yardage being 4.5 yards on 3rd down

You clearly have not watched when Dallas actually has an A game. 20 points is NOT an A game for this team, no matter how you slice it.

Dak threw for 350 yards
CeeDee had 230 yards
You picked Goff twice

Oh and that doesn’t count the fact you had one live ball penalty called despite being the 2nd most penalized team in the league. And if Detroit plays Dallas again, you can bet the NFL won’t be giving you the favorable whistle.

Reactions: VolPack22
Oh and that doesn’t count the fact you had one live ball penalty called despite being the 2nd most penalized team in the league. And if Detroit plays Dallas again, you can bet the NFL won’t be giving you the favorable whistle.
It also doesn't count the fumble through the end zone....haven't seen that mentioned.

It also doesn't count the fumble through the end zone....haven't seen that mentioned.
Also doesn’t take into account the Lions LB running past Dak to avoid an unnecessary roughness penalty for a safety instead of that 92 yard TD pass. Works both ways.

Also doesn’t take into account the Lions LB running past Dak to avoid an unnecessary roughness penalty for a safety instead of that 92 yard TD pass. Works both ways.
And both examples prove how ridiculous the notion is that these games are "fixed"

Why is acknowledging a pretty critical error by the refs hating on the Cowboys? Posters are in your head without even trying.

Why is acknowledging a pretty critical error by the refs hating on the Cowboys? Posters are in your head without even trying.
It’s not even hating on them imo. Could have been a Seahawks vs Rams game for all I care and the call still would have been horrible. This was a nationally televised game and the only NFL game on the slate so everyone got to see how awful it was. Cowboy fans have and always will be obnoxious and will never care what anyone else thinks. I just think it’s funny that a fanbase can act this way even though they haven’t been to a championship game in nearly 30 years. The Titans have twice as many playoff wins than them in the past 25 years 🤣

The NFL made 18.6B in revenue last year. The fact officials still aren’t full time is a disgrace to the sports. Average NFL referee is 205K. How hard would it be to raise the average salary by 50K, make officials sign full time contracts and have they guys be better trained?

IMG_4025.png

I have a tough time answering the poll. Have games ever been fixed? Yes. Were game(s) fixed this year? Plausible. Is it fixed on the scale that most people seem to think it is? Not even close, in my opinion.

No, it’s just incompetent officiating. As I said in another thread, officials need to be full-time. There’s no reason for the NFL to still employ part-time officials. Plus, I think the rule book needs to be set on fire and written over. I hope the nonsense last night was a flashpoint, but I think the NFL will most likely just sweep it under the rug and move on with business as usual.
There is only one incentive for them to do anything about it, and that is if bad officiating becomes bad for business (e.g., it gets so bad that people stop watching because of it). I don't think we're anywhere remotely close to that happening.

If anything, there's actually a perverse incentive to "permit" some questionable/bad calls because the controversy gets more eyeballs on it.

The NFL made 18.6B in revenue last year. The fact officials still aren’t full time is a disgrace to the sports. Average NFL referee is 205K. How hard would it be to raise the average salary by 50K, make officials sign full time contracts and have they guys be better trained?

View attachment 607339
Does the NFL referee union want full time refs? This is all collectively bargained.

I'm guessing a lot of the part time NFL refs want to remain part time.

Because I hear it all every single week the Cowboys win and have for over 30 years.
meh. The rest of us have had to put up with you all pounding your chest for being a mediocre team for 30 years. When you become relevant again let us know.

To a certain extent of getting the correct matchups that will improve television ratings.

VN Store

Back