Arcade Video Games You have Beaten and Memories of them

Are you saying you didn't like the Genesis? Man, back in the day if you were into sports games, the Genesis was THE go to console. Joe Montana Sports Talk Football, Bulls VS Lakers Basketball, World Series Baseball, etc were all fantastic back then. Plus the Genesis also had some other great exclusives like Sonic, Shinobi, Landstalker, Gun Star Heroes, Virtua Racing, etc.

I liked the Genesis. I think the Dreamcast was just very underrated and overlooked.

I liked the Genesis. I think the Dreamcast was just very underrated and overlooked.

To this day I think the Dreamcast had the best launch lineup of any console ever released. I remember I bought mine the day it came out and I walked home with console along with Sonic Adventure, NFL 2K, Ready 2 Rumble Boxing, and Soul Caliber. They were all fantastic games!

Are you saying you didn't like the Genesis? Man, back in the day if you were into sports games, the Genesis was THE go to console. Joe Montana Sports Talk Football, Bulls VS Lakers Basketball, World Series Baseball, etc were all fantastic back then. Plus the Genesis also had some other great exclusives like Sonic, Shinobi, Landstalker, Gun Star Heroes, Virtua Racing, etc.

Played a ton of Bulls vs Lakers, I'd score 40 a game with Brad Lohaus just because l could

To this day I think the Dreamcast had the best launch lineup of any console ever released. I remember I bought mine the day it came out and I walked home with console along with Sonic Adventure, NFL 2K, Ready 2 Rumble Boxing, and Soul Caliber. They were all fantastic games!

2k was one of the best football games ever.

Holy smokes....Gunstar Heroes!!! That is one of my top 10 all time favorite games. I actually liked that game better than Contra. I spent so many hours playing that

Anyone hear play the old Mutant league football and hockey games on the Genesis? I absolutely loved those.

Another one of my favorites was General Chaos.

Reactions: 1 person
Holy smokes....Gunstar Heroes!!! That is one of my top 10 all time favorite games. I actually liked that game better than Contra. I spent so many hours playing that

Gunstar Heroes was the tits! It had everything! Intense action, great co-op gameplay, beautiful graphics (for it's time), and a great soundtrack.

I remember Aladdin's Castle in West Towne Mall being the most insane place when the first Mortal Kombat came out! There was a line out the door all day long for who knows how many weeks. This was before they built Funscape and the movie theater in the mall. I was about 9 or 10 I think. Also, the Star Wars Trilogy arcade game was my ****. They didn't get that until Funscape. Cost one dollar to play it, and you got 3 lives. They were easy to burn, but I got to the point where I could beat the ENTIRE game on a dollar. Some kids at the mall witnessed it! Lol, who knows who they were... I do remember there was a load time between each movie in the game, and I'd act like an arcade boss and get up and stretch lol. A kid tried to sit down and play because he thought I was done, and without saying anything I shoved him out of the bench seat and onto the ground, and beat the **** out of the game! Had 6-8 kids watching the whole time. I was 30.

I loved Kabal......I could beat it on one quarter......it's also a big reason I struggled with freshman math at UT.

Golden Axe
Silk Worm
Jackal
NFL blitz
Any tekken game
Soul caliber
Elevator Action
Rampage
Off Road Racing (tiny tracks, stand up steering wheels,and gas pedals on the floor)
Virtual On
Double dragon
Turtles (of course) and Simpsons
Daytona USA
Cruisin USA

I don't know if it was an actual arcade game...but another one of my favorites was Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

Golden Axe
Silk Worm
Jackal
NFL blitz
Any tekken game
Soul caliber
Elevator Action
Rampage
Off Road Racing (tiny tracks, stand up steering wheels,and gas pedals on the floor)
Virtual On
Double dragon
Turtles (of course) and Simpsons
Daytona USA
Cruisin USA

Haha I remember with Tekken....I think #2..... I would piss the hell out of people by always using Eddie Gordo. I was unbeatable with that dude.

Haha I remember with Tekken....I think #2..... I would piss the hell out of people by always using Eddie Gordo. I was unbeatable with that dude.

To beat someone using Eddie, you have to know his entire list of attacks and how to block and counter them. A lot of his scrub moves are Telegraphed and easy to see coming. I was almost a master at tekken 3; knew every character in and out; rarely lost a fight

this thread is gold

I have the old X-Men arcade game on my Xbox. Using your special power took your HP (which is seriously the most f***ed up way to take a kid's quarter), but on Xbox you can use it unlimited. Me and my nephews will beat the whole game in 15 minutes.

At a local entertainment store that sells entertainment product X Men arcade machine is for sale. So is Nfl Blitz. It's amazing because it has a lot pf vhs tapes of movies.

Marvel Super Heroes
I've beat this most of the time using Spider Man. It's worth to read and hear the wisecracks of Spider Man, also his attacks are kickass.

The Simpsons Arcade Game

If I recall right it took 4 players and I spent over 3 dollars to beat this arcade game. I'm really surprised I had no fatigue with my hands. Most bosses were tough if I recall right.

There is a entertainment store where I live that has the X-men beat em up arcade game. I'll play that one but no doubt it'll be tough to beat.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
To beat someone using Eddie, you have to know his entire list of attacks and how to block and counter them. A lot of his scrub moves are Telegraphed and easy to see coming. I was almost a master at tekken 3; knew every character in and out; rarely lost a fight

To beat any fighting game one must know several effective attacks to win. Also special attacks for great damage. With the internet now one can go to gamefaqs to find a list of moves and strategies plus info to beat most video games and arcade ones.

Pacman the original one may have no last level.

VN Store

Back