Arcade Video Games You have Beaten and Memories of them

Ahh but that was a very important video game! It was the first one that used real digitized photo capture of it's characters. It basically paved the way for Mortal Kombat.

Good point.

And yes, Killer Instict was cool....you could do like 50 hit combos.

I don't remember beating any arcade game actually in the arcade, other than I think I did beat the Simpsons Arcade game at a place where they had made it free to play, so I had unlimited continues.

But I have great memories of arcade games in general. My earliest memories are playing Pac-Man at a local pizza place that closed a LONG time ago. I also remember in high school playing Street Fighter II and Mortal Kombat for hours at the bowling alley.

I miss the classic arcades. I guess the closest thing we have now is places like Dave and Busters and bowling alleys usually have at least a few arcade machines. But I remember the old places, ones that would never be allowed to exist today. They were pitch black except for the screens of the games, and usually a nice cloud of cigarette smoke.

Pit Fighter was the first fighter I remember, but it was really crappy.

Ha, I remember thinking that game was so awesome when it first came out because of the digitized graphics. Then when I got older and played it, I realized how terrible it was.

If you ever go to Salt Lake City or Orem, UT, you have to check out the Nicklecade. You pay $2.50 to get in, and every game takes nickles and they have hundreds of classic arcade games and a few newer ones. The better games are 2 or 3 nickles. We'd take our 3 nephews for hours and only spend like $20.

Did any of ya'll ever play a fighting game by the name of "Time Killers"? It was released back in 1993, I believe.

Did any of ya'll ever play a fighting game by the name of "Time Killers"? It was released back in 1993, I believe.

No, but remember time cop?...the cop who traveled back to our time, which was 1994 from the future (2004). Cracks me up so much that the writers thought it's believable that 10 years from 1994 we would have time travel technology.

No, but remember time cop?...the cop who traveled back to our time, which was 1994 from the future (2004). Cracks me up so much that the writers thought it's believable that 10 years from 1994 we would have time travel technology.

Take it back! I love his movies!

.......yup. The game that actually got banned. I got a couple chances to play before they yanked it.

.......yup. The game that actually got banned. I got a couple chances to play before they yanked it.

Yup...game was horrible but I thought it was funny since you could cut off arms and legs during the match. So you could have a player hopping around on one leg....lol

I want to say I beat WrestleFest at a pizza place and one of the Ninja Turtle games at a bowling alley. I want to say I beat Sunset Riders too. I recall playing many arcade games but I don't recall if I ever made it to the end or beat them. Anyways, the rest of my post ended up talking about wwf/ninja turtles more as a fan rather than their video game, so you can stop reading here if you were only interested in the arcade game aspect of it all. The rest of it is kind of weird so if anything, I might actually advise to stop reading here.

I always picked Hulk Hogan/Ultimate Warrior and Leonardo/Michaelangelo ftw. Though, looking back now, Raphael is the most hardcore of the bunch. Who'd pick red/forks/mean and purple/stick/nerd over blue/sword/leader and orange/nunchucks/pizza lover(cowabunga/pot head) as a kid?! That would be like picking Earthquake/Typhoon over Hogan/Warrior or Hogan/Beefcake. Nobody watches wrestling to be a fan of the fat guys, it's all about them big oiled muscles. I'm not gay, shut up. To be fair, if you'd pick Beefcake over a fat guy, you might be gay. So, maybe I am. It's funny that wrestlers like Brutus The Barber Beefcake, Ravishing Rick Rude, Val Venis etc. used to exist and that they actually had male fans. I don't think that was their intention. Then again, many of them in the 80's and 90's had mustaches and old dudes like Pat Patterson liked to diddle the teenage new comers, so the sex appeal may have been geared towards other men after all. They were like, "well, Hulk and Brutus like to boink the brown together, maybe we have male fans that would enjoy the sex appeal of a rude mustache ride. And while we're at, let's create a character named Doink the Clown. And Dink, the smaller dong Clown."

Sadly, this started with me talking about childhood arcade games. What kind of f---ed up childhood did I have to go this far off subject? Well, probably one where I was a fan of a shirtless man named Brutus the Barber Beefcake without knowing what they actually meant by it. Pink and purple, mesh see through, wearing a bow tie, with the name "beefcake"... I know what they're getting at. A gay chip and dales dancer. None the less, I was a Brutus fan, even if I thought he was no beefcake. If only I knew then what I know now. I could have made some awesome memories forking people up with Raphael while having fewer memories of forking other wrestlers with Brute force Beefcake. Anybody else hungry for some meatloaf? All of this talk of beefcake is making me hungry.

Edit: Oh, and I left out where his career(his real career being a wrestler) is cutting hair. There is no way Brutus was supposed to be a straight character.

Last edited:
You know, I kind of miss Sega being a major player in the gaming industry. I owned a Genesis, a Saturn, and a Dreamcast and enjoyed all of them. Outside of Sega's great arcade game, they made some brilliant console games as well.

Reactions: 1 person
You know, I kind of miss Sega being a major player in the gaming industry. I owned a Genesis, a Saturn, and a Dreamcast and enjoyed all of them. Outside of Sega's great arcade game, they made some brilliant console games as well.

I had the Genesis and Dreamcast. Loved them both, man I miss the Dreamcast.

I had the Genesis and Dreamcast. I liked the Dreamcast.

I had the Genesis and Dreamcast. I liked the Dreamcast.

Are you saying you didn't like the Genesis? Man, back in the day if you were into sports games, the Genesis was THE go to console. Joe Montana Sports Talk Football, Bulls VS Lakers Basketball, World Series Baseball, etc were all fantastic back then. Plus the Genesis also had some other great exclusives like Sonic, Shinobi, Landstalker, Gun Star Heroes, Virtua Racing, etc.

VN Store

Back