Apparently (squatting 600 pounds)

I'm just curious..

if a kid has trouble playing Tackle.. because he's "out of position" how would he ever be able to play Guard?

Maybe I am missing something, but if you're having trouble blocking, you won't magically do better one position to the left or right.. you'll still have trouble blocking.

They often block the same people depending on where the DT or LB lines up.

Completely and utterly different technique from a Tackle to a Guard. A tackle has to have much quicker feet due to speed rushes and protecting the edge. Not everyone can play well as a Tackle and a Guard.

Got to have talent...Kerbyson and Crowder have limited

bet Kerbyson is one hellofa guard....may be limited to playing LT...takes a special size, body type and skill set. Still....the most catastrophic sacks seem to be coming from the right side...and the QB should have the peripheral vision to duck or at least hold the ball tighter.

Squatting 600 pounds doesn't mean a lot. Remember how we were told how significant that was by Butch.
Two of the strongest Olinemen don't even play. I think Jones would like to have some of Dooley's weaklings back now.

Strength is good, but it does'nt mean much if you dont know the tricks. I can be lighter than you and move you if I know how to do it. Playing the line is all about leverage. Done the right way, I can make my 280lbs move your 320lbs whereever I want you to go. At worst I can just get in your way allowing my RB to blow right by you.

VN Store

Back