App State media thinks they could pull the upset

I mean, it's possible. App St has a good team for their division, some nice options to work with on the ground (at QB & RB). If they can make some stops on defense and get the running game churning (which I expect they will do) then they can keep it close. I wish more Vol fans would respect this team. Teams like App St, Georgia St, Georgia Southern, Arky St will only get better with time. They won't always be pushovers.

I mean, it's possible. App St has a good team for their division, some nice options to work with on the ground (at QB & RB). If they can make some stops on defense and get the running game churning (which I expect they will do) then they can keep it close. I wish more Vol fans would respect this team. Teams like App St, Georgia St, Georgia Southern, Arky St will only get better with time. They won't always be pushovers.

If teams like Bama couldn't get their run game up to speed against us last year, with less experience, less talent, and a worse coordinator, I highly, highly doubt we need to worry about this one.

I feel bad for Half Priced App State. The way teams like that beat a top ten team is to sneak up on them. Catch the team mentally disconnected. But so many people call the upset that the top ten team notices and it becomes a beat down. By calling an upset, you fuel the heavily favored.

+1. App State fans should like their chances to keep it close. They should have a feeling that if things break their way, they have a shot. If they didn't think like this, they wouldn't be fans.

This is a team we should beat, but nothing's guaranteed. Disrespecting your opponent is a sure way to come out flat, and I hope our team isn't thinking and talking like some of the people in this thread.

Reactions: 1 person
Don't forget South Alabama giving us a scare we had to make a goal line stop to win it if I remember right. This team is also way more talented, and experienced though

Didn't we come back to win at home versus UT Martin? Dooley coaching handicap, I admit, but still...

Apparently we have a tendency to lay eggs according to one of those guys. Outside of USA in 2013 I don't recall us ever underperforming against a team we undoubtedly were favored to beat under CBJ.

North Texas last year. We played terrible.

But Butch has his guys ready almost always.

All these games make me nervous. When we lost the Florida game last yr I didn't know how to mentally deal with it. If Butch Jones were in front of me after that ended I would have punched him right in the face. "How the he!! could you blow a 27-14 4th quarter lead". "How could you let that QB throw a long bomb and beat us like that"?

For those of you that say "let it go already"....It's not easy. I'm still bitter. Can't help it.

On to Appy State though and happier times.

It really does amaze me how much positive press one FCS now FBS team gets from one upset victory almost a decade ago. Not even NDSU gets this much talk and they are an FCS school that has beaten several Power 5 teams over the past few years.

Don't get me wrong, Appy State is a solid program, but year in and year out you hear the same thing from all of the pundits. How many years until their win against Michigan becomes irrelevant to their current situation?

Not to mention that a former Michigan player says half the team was stoned during the App State loss.

Former Michigan player: "Nearly half the team was stoned during Appalachian State loss"

I would hate to be in Butchs' shoes if that happens, heck I'm even scared to think what some fans will do if it turns out to be a close game

7drHiqr.gif

wait..dont know if I should post this gif..

VN Store

Back