Anyone know why Todd Kelly isn't getting playing time ?

Exactly, he's a tweeter. His freshman year when he was smaller and faster, he looked good. Between the weight gain and injuries he just not quick enough to play safety at this level. In our heyday, Fulmer and Chavis would have redshirted him, bulked him up and moved him to LB kinda like reeves Maybin came in as a safety but bulked up and became an outstanding OLB. Just another player on the long list that butch wasted his talent and perhaps cost him millions since he has no chance of being drafted. If players could sue coaches for loss of potential wages, butch would be bankrupt. Instead we are paying him millions to be an intern for St. Nick

He’s slow and soft. Typical butch player. Doesn’t translate to Pruitt’s scheme and toughnes. He’s going to be a doctor, very bright kid.

I hope this is the case and if it is, good for him.

Seems like he could be a good fit as an outside LB for us if he put on a little more weight. Always seemed to be in the right place and find the ball.

I appreciate Todd Kelly but it is obvious he is now lost on the depth chart and you don't play a guy just because he is an upper classman. Thanks for being a VFL we appreciate and love all our players that have gave their all for Tennessee.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Probably because he's too slow. WTF? Too slow? How can a guy who has 8 career interceptions be too slow? I don't care how slow he is, that dude was ALWAYS around the football.

I'd say the knee injury from last year and falling off a 30 foot wall could have something to do with it.

Exactly, he's a tweeter. His freshman year when he was smaller and faster, he looked good. Between the weight gain and injuries he just not quick enough to play safety at this level. In our heyday, Fulmer and Chavis would have redshirted him, bulked him up and moved him to LB kinda like reeves Maybin came in as a safety but bulked up and became an outstanding OLB. Just another player on the long list that butch wasted his talent and perhaps cost him millions since he has no chance of being drafted. If players could sue coaches for loss of potential wages, butch would be bankrupt. Instead we are paying him millions to be an intern for St. Nick

Butch didn't do it but he did it with Maybin.

edit: I rather MODS not clean this up and let me make fun of these yokels and just give me my ban.

If it's about traffic so you can give 25$ gift cards, I'll buy them each week.

I am curious on the redshirt as well and whether he can get a 6th year. Either he is still hurt and not available or they are holding him out until Charlotte with the idea of getting a 6th year.

he was close to not returning this year and moving on to start his career. Be shocked if he pondered a 6th year. He played some yesterday since we are so depleted at safety.. Abernathy and Flowers both were out and others got dinged yesterday.. TK not close to 100% any longer

What happened to the Todd Kelly lovers? All the threads about him not playing and how good he is. The kid was over rated playing nobodys in the private school league in hs. Always too slow to be a db, too small to be a lb. May have been good as a pure in the box hybrid run defender but has been a total bust as a 5* recruit. Watched the sc game in person Saturday. He gets burnt over the top and can’t tackle in space. It tells you how bad our depth is that he even saw the field. Looks even slower in person.

What happened to the Todd Kelly lovers? All the threads about him not playing and how good he is. The kid was over rated playing nobodys in the private school league in hs. Always too slow to be a db, too small to be a lb. May have been good as a pure in the box hybrid run defender but has been a total bust as a 5* recruit. Watched the sc game in person Saturday. He gets burnt over the top and can’t tackle in space. It tells you how bad our depth is that he even saw the field. Looks even slower in person.

What you should ask is where are the people cheering for success out of UT players. Seems you're the opposite who wants failure for your I told you so moment.

Congrats, you got it. Feel like a winner yet?

Well I’ve been in orange to every ut game home and away so I want success as much as anybody here. I just find it funny none of the fans calling our coaches idiots for not playing a mediocre career player have said anything. Everybody wanted to know why he wasn’t playing and now that we see why it’s quiet as a mouse. Love our coach and when he gets sec players in here, it’s going to be really fun.

VN Store

Back