Anyone know why Todd Kelly isn't getting playing time ?

volmandu

He said few weeks ago that he was now fully healthy and ready to play but haven't seen him take snaps at all. Also it is not like we have depth at safety. TK is better than Micah (who is also always injured) and is more experienced than other freshman/sophomore playing.
Not saying I know more than coaches and he should play. Just asking if there was any news I missed on his status with the team or his health status that could be the reason.

Last I heard, he is still not fully healthy. Can we redshirt him, or has he already sat out one year?

I am curious on the redshirt as well and whether he can get a 6th year. Either he is still hurt and not available or they are holding him out until Charlotte with the idea of getting a 6th year.

4.9 forty, 195 lbs. Injuries have taken a toll, Huge credit to Kelly Jr for sticking with it till the end! He'll play some before the year is out.

Reactions: sanglemangle
Here ya go.
"
Todd is continuing to work to get back," Pruitt said Monday. "I think he played a little bit on special teams last week (against Georgia). He did get a chance to participate in the off week, so he's taking baby steps, which is a credit to him. He had a severe injury and having to work hard to come back from it, it'd have been easy for him to say, 'You know what, I'm just going to move on, I'm going to be done with football.' But he's not, he's came back and he's worked

Was never an SEC caliber player.

Wrong. He was really good as a freshmen and early on during his sophomore year. Did you forget the 2 INTs against Oklahoma in 2015? He looked like a future NFL player back then.

For some reason he got heavier as a junior and as a result became a lot slower. He also lost some of his insticts that made him a ball-hawk early on. All in all a rather bizzare downfall to what initially looked like a promising career.

Wrong. He was really good as a freshmen and early on during his sophomore year. Did you forget the 2 INTs against Oklahoma in 2015? He looked like a future NFL player back then.

For some reason he got heavier as a junior and as a result became a lot slower. He also lost some of his insticts that made him a ball-hawk early on. All in all a rather bizzare downfall to what initially looked like a promising career.

Spot on.

He was one of my favorite players and I really expected a lot more out of him given how great he was as a Fr. I can’t believe he’s fallen all the way off of the depth chart.

He was also one of the guys responsible for recruiting other players in his class.

Reactions: trion23
What was his severe injury?? Another helmet casualty? I’ve always heard he’s injured but never heard what it was

Wrong. He was really good as a freshmen and early on during his sophomore year. Did you forget the 2 INTs against Oklahoma in 2015?

He also had a great game against Ga.

I am curious on the redshirt as well and whether he can get a 6th year. Either he is still hurt and not available or they are holding him out until Charlotte with the idea of getting a 6th year.
Most people were saying that TKjr wasnt going to pursue a red shirt. He's a bright young man who has put in the work in the classroom to set himself up for success outside of football. I think he's ok with that

Todd's still rehabbing his injury and possibly won't see the field this year, still trying to get healthy

He’s slow and soft. Typical butch player. Doesn’t translate to Pruitt’s scheme and toughnes. He’s going to be a doctor, very bright kid.

Reactions: Remy

VN Store

Back