Anyone else hoping Sumlin turns us down?

no disrespect to sumlin. I think he would be good here. However at this point, i want every decent option to keep turning us down because it is just one more knock on haslam and currie....

In my dream world, i want this job to be turned down so much where the only two people who would take this job are lane kiffin and tee martin....

Everyone talks about, myself included, if we hire lane, we would have to a heavy buyout contract if he left us. I think if we get turned down a few more times, he is going to demand a contract that isn't so friendly, lopsided towards ut.....

I really want to see this program keep getting rejected in the short term if it means that haslam and currie are gone for the long term.

Especially knowing that kiffin has the ego to take a job at a "national laughingstock that is damaged for 3-5 seasons" and try to go win right away....

Keep the faith vol fans. There are brighter days ahead, just got to get a few darker ones out of the way first.

fool

Reactions: 1 person
No disrespect to Sumlin. I think he would be good here. However at this point, I want every decent option to keep turning us down because it is just one more knock on Haslam and Currie....

In my dream world, I want this job to be turned down so much where the only two people who would take this job are Lane Kiffin and Tee Martin....

Everyone talks about, myself included, if we hire Lane, we would have to a heavy buyout contract if he left us. I think if we get turned down a few more times, he is going to demand a contract that isn't so friendly, lopsided towards UT.....

I really want to see this program keep getting rejected in the short term if it means that Haslam and Currie are gone for the long term.

Especially knowing that Kiffin has the ego to take a job at a "national laughingstock that is damaged for 3-5 seasons" and try to go win right away....

Keep the faith Vol Fans. There are brighter days ahead, just got to get a few darker ones out of the way first.

Get Sumlin!

Reactions: 2 people
I would be fine with Sumlin. At this point, let's please just wrap it up. He should at least get us to sustained mediocrity. For the most part though, he is a 9-4 and 8-5 coach. Didn't we just have that?

Reactions: 2 people
Currie already laid a "egg" in the punchbowl. Sumlin has credentials. Hire him and deal with Currie later.

he gets something like 10 million from the Aggies - whether he coaches or not. WE might be able to get him a decent price

he has a good record against the east. That's good enough for me right now. Win the east and the rest will be a coin flip.

I would be fine with Sumlin. This administration obviously isn't going to offer Les Miles, or Kiffin even if they were the last coaches on earth so yeah Sumlin would be a great hire. It is much better then the unproven names being thrown around, and offered before.

Why are all the positive Sumlin threads being merged but the negative ones allowed to stand alone?

Merge this garbage.

I find it funny you're calling threads garbage when half of the threads, predictions, summaries, and comments are anything but truthful or consistent. :good!:

No disrespect to Sumlin. I think he would be good here. However at this point, I want every decent option to keep turning us down because it is just one more knock on Haslam and Currie....

In my dream world, I want this job to be turned down so much where the only two people who would take this job are Lane Kiffin and Tee Martin....

Everyone talks about, myself included, if we hire Lane, we would have to a heavy buyout contract if he left us. I think if we get turned down a few more times, he is going to demand a contract that isn't so friendly, lopsided towards UT.....

I really want to see this program keep getting rejected in the short term if it means that Haslam and Currie are gone for the long term.

Especially knowing that Kiffin has the ego to take a job at a "national laughingstock that is damaged for 3-5 seasons" and try to go win right away....

Keep the faith Vol Fans. There are brighter days ahead, just got to get a few darker ones out of the way first.

Absolutely not! I hope he accepts the job, finds a kick ass DC, and let's go win the SECE.

Sumlin or miles or tee preferably first two. And go get best coordinators money can buy and run the freaking east

Kiffin already said he's not interested. At this point, let's just get the best we can get and turn the soap opera off. Geez.

Not sure I want a coach that was fired at Texas A&M. I also am remembering them putting up with Manziel's antics. This is a horrible mess.

No. Sumlin is better than anyone else whose name has surfaced as a real contender.

If he brings Tee Martin, it would be even better.

VN Store

Back