Anti-Trump Hysteria and Silliness

I don't think he caught much hell over Puerto Rico considering there was nearly 3000 deaths. The fact that he bragged about the great success involving a hurricane with that kind of death toll is cringe worthy.

DIgging up bones:

How Trump favored Texas over Puerto Rico

And of course, there is this..

I hope you understand the logistical difference between the mainland and an island...

At what point do you guys start looking at the local leadership or lack of, and stop blaming everything on Trump.
Yeah but we all know that Republicans (George Bush) hated black people, so we had the disaster of Katrina. Trump hates Latinos so we get Puerto Rico.

Ray Nagin says hi too, btw.

Reactions: SLICKYINC
So you guys think FEMA couldnt have done anything differently to have prevented one of those deaths? ten of them, a hundred.. a thousand?

I get it, it was a perfect operation, no need to evaluate.

You’re not understanding.

99% of PR is a third world country with piss poor infrastructure. That’s why power was out for so long. It wasn’t like it was a downed pole or two. It’s also an island that’s not right off shore. You clearly don’t know about the recovery at all, just like the idiots politicizing it.

Do you know when these people died? What did they die of?

St Thomas and St Croix also needed a lot of help.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Dumb tweet. The vast majority of those 3,000 deaths attributed to the hurricane are any death they can remotely say was a result of the storm.
I don’t see how decades of corrupt leadership and squandered money is Trump’s fault. Or any president for that matter. We should have given it back to Spain decades ago.

You’re not understanding.

99% of PR is a third world country with piss poor infrastructure. That’s why power was out for so long. It wasn’t like it was a downed pole or two. It’s also an island that’s not right off shore. You clearly don’t know about the recovery at all, just like the idiots politicizing it.

Do you know when these people died? What did they die of?

St Thomas and St Croix also needed a lot of help.

Initially, private companies and individuals were delivering needed food and supplies, while FEMA, as usual, was working out the contracts and whatever else should have already been on a preparedness plan. But they did have FEMA representation on the ground, scarcely leaving their Base of Operation, for days.

Deaths were from a lack of medical attention for the most part, which is not unusual in the aftermath of a hurricane.

The USNS Mercy shows up two weeks afterwards and starts taking in 6 patients a day. Communications breakdown along with the inability to transport the injured to the ship contributed to more deaths.

Three weeks later,. Mercy actually was able to dock to take on more injured and sick. Even then, people were dying because they were "unreachable" in remote places.

Logistical nightmare, sure, but that's also FEMA's job. To say their shouldn't be criticism because it is a criticism of Trump, doesn't help to improve future responses.

If you want an honest after action report, I'll leave the GAO report here:

2017 Hurricanes and Wildfires: Initial Observations on the Federal Response and Key Recovery Challenges

Initially, private companies and individuals were delivering needed food and supplies, while FEMA, as usual, was working out the contracts and whatever else should have already been on a preparedness plan. But they did have FEMA representation on the ground, scarcely leaving their Base of Operation, for days.

Deaths were from a lack of medical attention for the most part, which is not unusual in the aftermath of a hurricane.

The USNS Mercy shows up two weeks afterwards and starts taking in 6 patients a day. Communications breakdown along with the inability to transport the injured to the ship contributed to more deaths.

Three weeks later,. Mercy actually was able to dock to take on more injured and sick. Even then, people were dying because they were "unreachable" in remote places.

Logistical nightmare, sure, but that's also FEMA's job. To say their shouldn't be criticism because it is a criticism of Trump, doesn't help to improve future responses.

If you want an honest after action report, I'll leave the GAO report here:

2017 Hurricanes and Wildfires: Initial Observations on the Federal Response and Key Recovery Challenges
We were flying 24 hour ops around the clock from here for several months. Constantly delivery supplies to PR and the USVI. I was personally a part of this. I know of other bases and ships as well. I’m well aware of the response.

I’m still not sure you underrated the logistical nightmare. People have it in their head that when “help” arrives that it should be perfect with the snap of some fingers.

PR is a third world area with difficult terrain. Ignorant people just don’t know what’s involved.

We were flying 24 hour ops around the clock from here for several months. Constantly delivery supplies to PR and the USVI. I was personally a part of this. I know of other bases and ships as well. I’m well aware of the response.

I’m still not sure you underrated the logistical nightmare. People have it in their head that when “help” arrives that it should be perfect with the snap of some fingers.

PR is a third world area with difficult terrain. Ignorant people just don’t know what’s involved.

I'm not underrating it. P. R. is its own thing, I know. I think FEMA management shouldn't be political, at all. I guess that won't change, though.

I'm not underrating it. P. R. is its own thing, I know. I think FEMA management shouldn't be political, at all. I guess that won't change, though.
Yeah I’m not defending Trump with his fist pumping about the response. I’m sure aspects of it could be improved. It’s just that there’s so much that goes into these things.

Reactions: JCP201
Yeah I’m not defending Trump with his fist pumping about the response. I’m sure aspects of it could be improved. It’s just that there’s so much that goes into these things.

Right on.. Hey, at least Puerto Rico isn't getting it again, this time around.

I have a feeling the Outer Banks are in for it, though.

VN Store

Back