Anti-Trump Hysteria and Silliness

Why can't law firms keep the name of partners that become judges? Because it implies some level of influence.

Now, I don't particularly care if he's sold a corporation the rights to use his name. That has to stop for however long he's in office. However, the Trump family needs to be separated from the Trump businesses in order to avoid the appearance of impropriety and access to the president. He has to make every attempt to separate the Trump brand from the Trump presidency.

As we speak the NRLB has ruled against Trump's Vegas Hotel for refusing to bargain with the union. Now Trump will appointing NRLB's lead counsel. If he has a vested interest in the outcome that is a clear conflict of interest. These are issues that cannot afford to be overlooked or we will experience gridlock and scandals on a massive scale.

These are all issues that can be resolved, but they will require some thought and simply saying that they are no big deal is short sighted.

Short sighted you say? No, it's just in line with the OP's title, mass hysteria over anything bearing the "Trump" name. Good grief, you seriously are reaching if you invoke the NRLB. That organization purely exceeds its power any time it gets the chance. Check out Boeing moving production to SC for an example of being far too pro-union in their dealings.

Straight freakin petty. You find me something worthy of discussing and I'll have a rational conversation with you. But until said time, just keep on freaking out over every little thing Trump says and does.

Reactions: 1 person
Short sighted you say? No, it's just in line with the OP's title, mass hysteria over anything bearing the "Trump" name. Good grief, you seriously are reaching if you invoke the NRLB. That organization purely exceeds its power any time it gets the chance. Check out Boeing moving production to SC for an example of being far too pro-union in their dealings.

Straight freakin petty. You find me something worthy of discussing and I'll have a rational conversation with you. But until said time, just keep on freaking out over every little thing Trump says and does.

Yes, shortsighted. You're smarter than this. There is no hysteria on my part only an acknowledgement that the potential for abuse and the appearance of impropriety is not worth the integrity of the office.

As far as invoking the NRLB. I didn't invoke anything. I simply said that a Trump entity is in a dispute with them and now he will have the power to end that dispute with an appointment. That, whether you agree with the NRLB or not is not appropriate. I've no idea what the facts of that case are and I don't care.

If a presidency mired in scandal, both real and imagined, is what you want then by all means make no effort separate the Trump brand from the Trump presidency.

Yes, shortsighted. You're smarter than this. There is no hysteria on my part only an acknowledgement that the potential for abuse and the appearance of impropriety is not worth the integrity of the office.

As far as invoking the NRLB. I didn't invoke anything. I simply said that a Trump entity is in a dispute with them and now he will have the power to end that dispute with an appointment. That, whether you agree with the NRLB or not is not appropriate. I've no idea what the facts of that case are and I don't care.

If a presidency mired in scandal, both real and imagined, is what you want then by all means make no effort separate the Trump brand from the Trump presidency.

After the last eight ****ing years you can't be serious

What's he supposed to do? Sell all of his business interests? He's committed to putting his assets into a blind trust and turning over his business authority. I know having a successful businessman instead of a career politician is new territory but asking for anything more than what he is committed to doing is unreasonable.

Are we considering his kids a "blind trust?"

Nothing to see here folks, it's in a "blind trust."

LoL

It's like people think a transnational capitalist can just flip a switch and stop being a transnational capitalist.

You don't get to that level of wealth and competition by being able to flip the "off" switch.

How would you know?

You say this yet you voted for Clinton, the queen of scandal?

Reactions: 3 people
I wasn't referring to private business interests, this should help jog your memory.

Half the crap on that list is made up. Some of those are nice scandals, but they don't involve making presidential decisions that benefit your private business interests.

Reactions: 2 people
Half the crap on that list is made up. Some of those are nice scandals, but they don't involve making presidential decisions that benefit your private business interests.

Here's your problem. Unless you elect a pure politician with absolutely no outside business interests to include holding stock you will always run that risk.

And BTW good luck finding one.

I have already addressed this. Go back and read.

It's really no different than my law firm example. Should a sitting SCOTUS Justice be able to remain with a law firm. And should the law firm be able to keep his/her name on the firm? There is an appearance of impropriety.

You say this yet you voted for Clinton, the queen of scandal?

I voted for Clinton because I felt her the lesser of two evils. BTW, if Clinton had won, I would have wanted the Clinton family to completely separate from the Foundation.

I have already addressed this. Go back and read.

It's really no different than my law firm example. Should a sitting SCOTUS Justice be able to remain with a law firm. And should the law firm be able to keep his/her name on the firm? There is an appearance of impropriety.

Couple questions.

Does a judge have to divest himself completely of his firm when he takes office or are they still partners who profit from the firm?

What about contractual issues? Trump has licensed his name to not only buildings but other products, does he have to break those contracts iyo?

I voted for Clinton because I felt her the lesser of two evils. BTW, if Clinton had won, I would have wanted the Clinton family to completely separate from the Foundation.

Rename it also? Bar any family from working there?

And why should the family of someone elected to office be forced to step away from their business, isn't that a little authoritarian?

Couple questions.

Does a judge have to divest himself completely of his firm when he takes office or are they still partners who profit from the firm?

What about contractual issues? Trump has licensed his name to not only buildings but other products, does he have to break those contracts iyo?

Yes, a judge has to completely divest himself of the firm when he takes office.

Trump presents problems really never faced before. I am not advocating that Trump remove the Trump name from everything, but to have family members that he has stated will have advisory roles in his administration still running the companies presents the appearance of impropriety.

Rename it also? Bar any family from working there?

And why should the family of someone elected to office be forced to step away from their business, isn't that a little authoritarian?

If they are working there, they shouldn't be in the oval office assisting with policy development. I don't want this to be a scandal ridden administration. That is a recipe to spend a bunch of money and not accomplish jack. This is something that needs to be addressed and handled in a way that reduces such issues.

Yes, a judge has to completely divest himself of the firm when he takes office.

Trump presents problems really never faced before. I am not advocating that Trump remove the Trump name from everything, but to have family members that he has stated will have advisory roles in his administration still running the companies presents the appearance of impropriety.

If they are working there, they shouldn't be in the oval office assisting with policy development. I don't want this to be a scandal ridden administration. That is a recipe to spend a bunch of money and not accomplish jack. This is something that needs to be addressed and handled in a way that reduces such issues.

Not necessarily.

A judge may serve as an officer, director, active partner, manager, advisor, or employee of a business only if the business is closely held and controlled by members of the judge’s family. For this purpose, “members of the judge’s family” means persons related to the judge or the judge’s spouse within the third degree of relationship as defined in Canon 3C(3)(a), any other relative with whom the judge or the judge’s spouse maintains a close familial relationship, and the spouse of any of the foregoing.

Code of Conduct for United States Judges | United States Courts

... that the potential for abuse...

This exists in every political office regardless of the person's pre-office endeavors. If this is a true concern, we should start with attorneys in Congress since they pass new laws. Lawyers need laws to build cases.

and the appearance of impropriety is not worth the...

What's more concerning, the appearance of impropriety or actual impropriety? Chump's trade protectionism should worry you the most.

integrity of the office.

LOL.

and now he will have the power to end that dispute with an appointment. That, whether you agree with the NRLB or not is not appropriate.

This is what happens when we, the people, have turned over massive power and influence to a centralized governemmt. Had we stuck to our founder's design, the president would have little (if any) influence over state matters.

Chump will have, following the Clinton precedent, more ROI after leaving office; not while in office.

Youre really weird, CWV. Some days you are reasonable and others you concoct a bunch of chicken little worries.

Reactions: 2 people
(5) Practice of Law. A judge should not practice law and should not serve as a family member’s lawyer in any forum. A judge may, however, act pro se and may, without compensation, give legal advice to and draft or review documents for a member of the judge’s family.

Ok, it clearly states he can maintain ownership in a law firm if it is family owned. So what's the point of the above?

VN Store

Back