Anti-Trump Hysteria and Silliness

So you expect black people to support a guy who openly advocates white supremacy?

4Bfsyja.gif

What business is it of yours to question where he puts his private business?

So long as he gives up control (as he plans to) who cares?

Gives up control? To his kids?

Change the name to The Obama Hotel, near the White House, with wealthy lobbyists and foreigners spending money there.

You can't possibly see a problem?

Change the name to The Obama Hotel, near the White House, with wealthy lobbyists and foreigners spending money there.

It's like people think a transnational capitalist can just flip a switch and stop being a transnational capitalist.

You don't get to that level of wealth and competition by being able to flip the "off" switch.

Reactions: 2 people

Did you say Obama Hotel?

pitchforks.gif

Reactions: 3 people
Did you say Obama Hotel?

pitchforks.gif

The apologias of Trump supporters and sympathizers for him - and even Republicans at large - these next four years will make LG's defense of Obama and Democrats look like the work of a removed, disinterested observer.

Reactions: 4 people

Does he own the hotel or merely license his name to it like he does with countless others?

And him owning property in a trust to his kids is no different than someone like Obama owning stock in say, General Dynamics or Humana, and continuing to reap profits while he's in office even though they get massive government contracts.

You're reaching. Far worse than others on here. it's petty and unbecoming.

Reactions: 3 people
Does he own the hotel or merely license his name to it like he does with countless others?

And him owning property in a trust to his kids is no different than someone like Obama owning stock in say, General Dynamics or Humana, and continuing to reap profits while he's in office even though they get massive government contracts.

You're reaching. Far worse than others on here. it's petty and unbecoming.

It's a lot different. When his family members have access to him? Come on. You're the one that is reaching on this one. You've been screaming for months about the access the Clinton Foundation used to peddle influence and now you want to overlook it when its Trump?

It's a lot different. When his family members have access to him? Come on. You're the one that is reaching on this one. You've been screaming for months about the access the Clinton Foundation used to peddle influence and now you want to overlook it when its Trump?

I've been screaming? Might want to check you aren't confusing me with someone else. Because I don't recall ever going on about that.

So, answer the question. Is it his property or just licensed in his name? And do you honestly expect him to change everything that bears the name Trump for the next 4-8 years?

Again, this is petty like most of the outrage has been as of late.

What's he supposed to do? Sell all of his business interests? He's committed to putting his assets into a blind trust and turning over his business authority. I know having a successful businessman instead of a career politician is new territory but asking for anything more than what he is committed to doing is unreasonable.

Clearwater, I'm going to assume you want the smartest and most qualified person available holding the office of President. I think we can all agree that using those standards that person probably isn't a career politician.

Myself I hope with the Trump win it encourages more business people or other successful people from other fields to run. But if the winner was required to divest themselves of all outside interests completely ALL you will get is career politicians running for POTUS.

Y'all will let us know when a clear conflict of interest occurs now, won't you?

I've been screaming? Might want to check you aren't confusing me with someone else. Because I don't recall ever going on about that.

So, answer the question. Is it his property or just licensed in his name? And do you honestly expect him to change everything that bears the name Trump for the next 4-8 years?

Again, this is petty like most of the outrage has been as of late.

Why can't law firms keep the name of partners that become judges? Because it implies some level of influence.

Now, I don't particularly care if he's sold a corporation the rights to use his name. That has to stop for however long he's in office. However, the Trump family needs to be separated from the Trump businesses in order to avoid the appearance of impropriety and access to the president. He has to make every attempt to separate the Trump brand from the Trump presidency.

As we speak the NRLB has ruled against Trump's Vegas Hotel for refusing to bargain with the union. Now Trump will appointing NRLB's lead counsel. If he has a vested interest in the outcome that is a clear conflict of interest. These are issues that cannot afford to be overlooked or we will experience gridlock and scandals on a massive scale.

These are all issues that can be resolved, but they will require some thought and simply saying that they are no big deal is short sighted.

Why can't law firms keep the name of partners that become judges? Because it implies some level of influence.

Now, I don't particularly care if he's sold a corporation the rights to use his name. That has to stop for however long he's in office. However, the Trump family needs to be separated from the Trump businesses in order to avoid the appearance of impropriety and access to the president. He has to make every attempt to separate the Trump brand from the Trump presidency.

As we speak the NRLB has ruled against Trump's Vegas Hotel for refusing to bargain with the union. Now Trump will appointing NRLB's lead counsel. If he has a vested interest in the outcome that is a clear conflict of interest. These are issues that cannot afford to be overlooked or we will experience gridlock and scandals on a massive scale.

These are all issues that can be resolved, but they will require some thought and simply saying that they are no big deal is short sighted.

Are we going to start applying this to all elected federal officials? Senators, members of the house have to get their families out of any bushiness that they might have the potential to influence?

I'm not totally opposed to the idea but your really going to narrow the field of potential candidates.

Reactions: 1 person
Are we going to start applying this to all elected federal officials? Senators, members of the house have to get their families out of any bushiness that they might have the potential to influence?

I'm not totally opposed to the idea but your really going to narrow the field of potential candidates.

In my mind the level of disengagement rises with the position. We've just never had a president with the business interests on the level of Trump and I believe that it is important to address the issues that it brings.

Great Again? Define that meaningless phrase. Great for who exactly?

the phrase is pretty clear, no distinguishers or caveats. make it great again.

can't really point to a single year when America was a generic "great" either. 1980s were great because Reagan I guess, idk. 1950s we had a strong economy but terrible race relations, wars, government growth and environmental policies. 1920s there was also a boom, pretty much everyone was rich, but it was the age of the monopoly and lead to some major issues. 1890s weren't all that great, again lots of little wars, and race issues. 1860s speak for themselves. 1830s lead to the 1860s. 1800 we were broke as a nation and being pushed around.

If we can't point to a single instance that was great for all you have to get specifics, but in this generic comment you aren't going to find that. so you get the boilerplate "great". allow the people to define that themselves instead of an politician defining it for a nation. people just like to assume because Trump is an old rich white dude it means make things great for old rich white dudes. but it is too early to be saying that is what Trump is actually going to do. Remember Obama's ACA was going to be the greatest thing ever, until he did it. I would rather start with a little more cynicism and hope he goes up from there.

In my mind the level of disengagement rises with the position. We've just never had a president with the business interests on the level of Trump and I believe that it is important to address the issues that it brings.

I'm good with addressing them and maybe even have something in place to monitor his disengagement. I would never support requiring him to divest himself or his family being forced out. I want more outside of politics people running and doing so would be a huge discouragement.

From the HuffPo no less:
Dianne Feinstein's Husband Tied To Questionable Dealings With U.S. Postal Service, Book Says | The Huffington Post

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) and her husband are tied to questionable dealings between the world’s largest commercial real estate firm and the U.S. Postal Service, according to investigative journalist Peter Byrne.

VN Store

Back