Anthony Fera

yes he is a senior but he has 2 years to play

He's a RS junior.

you're not really burning anything since the scholarship doesn't count against the 85 number. You're just adding another player that could help without any penalty. There is really no negative to any team adding a current PSU player

My mistake then, I thought he was in his last year.

But if he has 2 years of eligibility left, you are burning a scholly because he would then count against the number of players we're allowed to sign next year... Least thats how they explained it on one of the talk shows on the radio this morning.

They basically said the NCAA would allow teams to be over the 85 , up to 87, but that if those two players were on the team next year, they would count toward the signing class numbers.

I don't pretend to know a lot about this situation, so what I hear could be wrong, but I'm just basing my option on what I've heard
reported.

My mistake then, I thought he was in his last year.

But if he has 2 years of eligibility left, you are burning a scholly because he would then count against the number of players we're allowed to sign next year... Least thats how they explained it on one of the talk shows on the radio this morning.

They basically said the NCAA would allow teams to be over the 85 , up to 87, but that if those two players were on the team next year, they would count toward the signing class numbers.

I don't pretend to know a lot about this situation, so what I hear could be wrong, but I'm just basing my option on what I've heard
reported.

UT is currently 2 below the 85 mark so that NCAA allowance would not apply. We still have 2 scholarships to give so we wouldn't have to "give" any back next year unless we picked up more than 85.

Thanks Bro..Just getting the K would be huge. Sounds as if you guys may get Redd, would be huge for you guys. I want the Kicker and atleast one LB.
There are a lot of conflicting opinions out there on Redd leaving or not. We'll see.

I want USC to snag a LB for depth, but I don't think any will look to transfer and have to sit on the bench.

Also, I doubt Kiff goes after more than 1 player because of the proportionate reduction required for next year's 75 total.

Good luck UT. I hope that you guys benefit from this, and not someone else in the Big 10.

Thanks AT. Wish I could say the same, but....... I..... just......... can't.............. get....................... the............................ words.................................. out. :)

There are a lot of conflicting opinions out there on Redd leaving or not. We'll see.

I want USC to snag a LB for depth, but I don't think any will look to transfer and have to sit on the bench.

Also, I doubt Kiff goes after more than 1 player because of the proportionate reduction required for next year's 75 total.

Thats the downside of this because of it counting against you next year. Redd would be huge because he is only going to play one year.If we can get a guy who would start 2 yrs then it would be worth it. But if he is going to ride the bench then definitely not. But us just getting the K alone would help immensely because of our FG kicking problems.

VN Store

Back