Annual "You should pull for the SEC, it helps Tennessee" debate

With bowl season coming up, I figured why not.

Reasons why you should pull for your conference:

1. You want a strong strength of schedule. Just ask the 2007 Hawaii Warriors what happens when you are undefeated in a sissy conference.

2. Recruits like Josh Malone, who are trying to decide who to pick between Tennessee and Clemson, want to play in the best conference. Hence Malone went to Tennessee.

3. To further support point #2, five of the Top Ten current recruiting classes are SEC. In 2014, seven of the Top Ten were SEC. Being in the best conference helps with recruiting.

4. To me it's a Southern pride thing. I believe the best football is played in the south, the strength of the SEC supports my argument.

There's more to my argument, but that'll do. Go SEC!!!!! Let's go undefeated this bowl season!!!!

No

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: 1 person
My big takeaway from this bowl season is the great divide this playoff system is going to create. The 4 teams that are in get an INSANE amount of pr and recruiting help, while pretty much every other bowl is relegated to a sideshow. We gotta get into the mix soon.

Nobody will remember who finished 2nd-4th by the end of the month.

Reactions: 1 person
What are the excuses for Bama this year? Last year they "weren't up for the game". Are they allergic to sugar? They are not invincible and it is time for the SEC to stop bowing at Saban's altar. They are more talented than any team but they can only play eleven at a time. They had OSU down 21-6 and just got throttled the rest of the game.

Anyone who thinks that Bama losing to OSU in the Sugar Bowl really helps Tennessee in any meaningful way is grossly inflating the significance of these outcomes.

Anyone who thinks that Bama losing to OSU in the Sugar Bowl really helps Tennessee in any meaningful way is grossly inflating the significance of these outcomes.

I do not think anyone thinks it helps UT in any way, it is just nice to see them get beat.

The reality, too, is that anyone saying the reverse benefits Tennessee in any meaningful way is grossly inflating the significance of these outcomes just as well.

Neither one changed (or would have changed) anything as far as UT goes.

They're a major conference team that will finish the year at 7-6/6-7.

Well guys this conference debate has been fun. I'm a huge SEC advocate, but everything I want to happen is for the greater good of Tennessee.

The most important thing to happen for Tennessee is a victory, and that can happen today. Let's put aside our difference in opinions for the next 4 hours and get behind our VOLS!!!!

LETS GO UT!!!!!!

I will never pull for rivals to win it all, espicially while my team has been strugglin for this long. That's how I roll with it

VN Store

Back