And .... Jeb Bush takes himself out of the running.

Exactly. It's hilarious to think LG or anyone left wing would show Jeb Bush any respect if he actually ran.

What kind of "respect" is due a candidate from the opposition party?

Include examples from the 2012 campaign in your answer.

Seriously? Do any of the candidates deserve the treatment they receive in the media?

From either side...

But I'll play your silly games. How about 2012, Romney talked about women in his government and how they had binders full of women. Instead of taking the phrase to mean they had plenty of women both in the government and in consideration for the cabinet and department positions, the left media ran it completely out of context as an example of the "war on women."

How about Romney's tax records and personal fortune? Was he not attacked for being wealthy even though the POTUS, Minority Leader in the House and other members of Congress are also extremely wealthy?

Or being laughed at on thinking Russia was our number 1 geopolitical foe?

Shall I continue my good fellow?

Reactions: 1 person
Seriously? Do any of the candidates deserve the treatment they receive in the media?

From either side...

But I'll play your silly games. How about 2012, Romney talked about women in his government and how they had binders full of women. Instead of taking the phrase to mean they had plenty of women both in the government and in consideration for the cabinet and department positions, the left media ran it completely out of context as an example of the "war on women."

How about Romney's tax records and personal fortune? Was he not attacked for being wealthy even though the POTUS, Minority Leader in the House and other members of Congress are also extremely wealthy?

Or being laughed at on thinking Russia was our number 1 geopolitical foe?

Shall I continue my good fellow?

You pretty well nailed it.

Bush was like second in command in the CIA when Kennedy was killed. He was also from Texas, where the killing occurred and where Johnson was from. Later down the road he and his family have run the country. It's not inconceivable that it was a massive power play as he and his family truly seem to have benefitted in ways that most families couldn't dream of.

Bush was like second in command in the CIA when Kennedy was killed. He was also from Texas, where the killing occurred and where Johnson was from. Later down the road he and his family have run the country. It's not inconceivable that it was a massive power play as he and his family truly seem to have benefitted in ways that most families couldn't dream of.

So you think Bush was involved in the Kennedy assassination. Very interesting.

Bush was like second in command in the CIA when Kennedy was killed
In 1963, George H.W. Bush was working for Zapata Petroleum Company and hadn't even run for congress yet.

You do realize he didn't get into government until 1964, right? And the Deputy Director of the CIA was Marshall Carter at the time of the Kennedy assassination?

In 1963, George H.W. Bush was working for Zapata Petroleum Company and hadn't even run for congress yet.

I know that post was the first reference I had ever heard of Bush possibly being involved in the Kennedy assassination.

Papa Joe associated with some unsavory characters both in becoming wealthy and to get his son into the WH. It's the reason why there are so many theories

Papa Joe associated with some unsavory characters both in becoming wealthy and to get his son into the WH. It's the reason why there are so many theories

Meh thinks Papa Joe may have been a high class gangster.

I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make, I never said they were due any. I was addressing LG's claim that Jeb Bush gets respect from the Left.

Meh thinks Papa Joe may have been a high class gangster.

Frank Costello claimed ties to Joe Kennedy. Nothing was ever proven, but in that kind of world, it's hard to prove such a thing.

I Googled "Jeb immigration" and first story on this was Washington Post. Although it is by no means scientific, the vitriol of the responses by the readers there, and in the Orlando Sentinel, was absolutely shocking to me. I admit I posted the story as a bit of a tease, but after reading the comments I think I'm absolutely right and that immigration is toxic for any GOP hopeful who will not unequivocally stand for immediate arrest and deportation of every single one of them. The attitudes expressed in the responses is harsh and confrontational like nothing I've ever seen.

I Googled "Jeb immigration" and first story on this was Washington Post. Although it is by no means scientific, the vitriol of the responses by the readers there, and in the Orlando Sentinel, was absolutely shocking to me. I admit I posted the story as a bit of a tease, but after reading the comments I think I'm absolutely right and that immigration is toxic for any GOP hopeful who will not unequivocally stand for immediate arrest and deportation of every single one of them. The attitudes expressed in the responses is harsh and confrontational like nothing I've ever seen.

so now your opinion is correct because of comments on the internet? :eek:lol:

well based on your posts on VN the Dem handling of the economy makes perfect sense

the LG Comedy Hour is always a good time

Reactions: 2 people
The attitudes expressed in the responses is harsh and confrontational like nothing I've ever seen.

I've seen it before. Just watch MSNBC after a Presidential debate or after the Treyvon Martin court case.

I've seen it before. Just watch MSNBC after a Presidential debate or after the Treyvon Martin court case.

no need to do that. Just get on Twitter and see that most Dems wanted Romney and Zimmerman dead. It was a real sampling on the internet so it had to be true

bonjour LG

Regardless of his views on immigration, Jeb's breathless support of Common Core should keep him out of the White House forever.

Reactions: 3 people
no need to do that. Just get on Twitter and see that most Dems wanted Romney and Zimmerman dead. It was a real sampling on the internet so it had to be true

bonjour LG

Yep, kind of like Larry O'Donnell challenging Tagg Romney to "take a swing." I guess all Obama supporters wanted to challenge him for defending his Dad.

I'd personally like to have seen Romney and O'Donnell go for 10 rounds in a charity style event. Why do I get the impression O'Donnell would crawl back to his hole and not speak of it again if he was challenged in the same manner? And furthermore, why do I get the impression the towel would be thrown sometime in the second round by O'Donnell's crew?

so now your opinion is correct because of comments on the internet? :eek:lol:

well based on your posts on VN the Dem handling of the economy makes perfect sense

the LG Comedy Hour is always a good time

No, I said its not scientific. I by no means claim that those responses are indicative of the GOP as a whole.

But you have to admit that the issue is red meat for a significant segment of the GOP. There are nuanced approaches, and its not one size fits all.

But I don't see how you can disagree with me that anything short of a really hard line on the issue is a sticking point for those early primary voters.

VN Store

Back