American Ninja Warrior

I would assume he was divorced prior to the Mom dying. Sad either way. Sometimes i feel like ANW exploits their tragedies too much.

They show back story
Then they remind you multiple times on the course
Then they ask contestants about it after their run

Too much

Anyone see the dude in Street clothes running the qualifier?

The hour glass drop is dumb, IMO. For most people that clear it, it's about luck. Also i hate that you can't just jump the last gap. That's more ninja than shimmying across with the hanging position and wasting more energy.

The hour glass drop is dumb, IMO. For most people that clear it, it's about luck. Also i hate that you can't just jump the last gap. That's more ninja than shimmying across with the hanging position and wasting more energy.

I don't think its luck, you have to know where to hit the trampoline and have the right technique. I do agree you should be able to just jump the last gap though.

The luck part is knowing where/how to hit a trampoline you've never touched. People that have touched still don't get it the 2nd time.

Some get lucky. But some play on tramps enough that they know exactly where to hit it. The snaggle toothed guy that made it through could probably hit it right blindfolded, because he's always on them. They will all practice it between seasons, and next year the success rate will go up. There is a technique to it so I can't just call it luck.

I was wondering if people are allowed to do multiple bounces on the tramp. I would try to softly drop myself on and then work up to a jump, getting a feel for it.

I was wondering if people are allowed to do multiple bounces on the tramp. I would try to softly drop myself on and then work up to a jump, getting a feel for it.

I was waiting for someone to try that. Might be against the rules I guess. What gets me about that obstacle is, that even when you hit the trampoline just right, you better catch that thing before you knock yourself out on it lol

Idk the margin for error is a little small on that one I think

I love it when people come up with completely new ways to do things. Like the guy that just did a flip over barrel roll a few weeks back. Or those round columns that hang down and the short people couldn't reach with arms and finally someone used their legs to push against both columns.

And of course the classic example is Bull going inverted.

Reactions: 1 person
The luck part is knowing where/how to hit a trampoline you've never touched. People that have touched still don't get it the 2nd time.

I thought I heard someone mention during one of those pointless interviews from the "sideline reporter" that they do get to practice a little bit on the tramps onsite before their run.

I think maybe it was the boy scout that did it in the city finals, although inadvertently. He did only two bounces though, but no one seemed to have an issue with it. He also failed, so....

I thought I heard someone mention during one of those pointless interviews from the "sideline reporter" that they do get to practice a little bit on the tramps onsite before their run.

Maybe for this city finals, but IIRC correctly, the guy who built his deceased Mom's house into a course (in So Cal) was talking about it being so hard because nobody can practice on it. Maybe I misunderstood him.

I love it when people come up with completely new ways to do things. Like the guy that just did a flip over barrel roll a few weeks back. Or those round columns that hang down and the short people couldn't reach with arms and finally someone used their legs to push against both columns.

And of course the classic example is Bull going inverted.

My favorite was the "foot pinch" on the platform to get off that rotating chain carousel last season

Lol all that build up for the chick to **** the bed. They will still bring her and the one little chick to Vegas. I hate the wildcard crap, just a way to save big names that fail.

I hate that we have to see that little chick's jacked up mouth every time. ugh!

VN Store

Back