That's a bold statement. Educate me.

QB: The whole Dobbs situation and Peterman situation
HB: You already know
WR: It took 4 years to get good WR production
TE: Daniel Helm and Ethan Wolf's development has been awful
OL: Do I have to explain
DE: The lack of development behind Barnett and Vereen
DT: Not recruited well enough for depth and massive amounts of injuries
LB: Started Jumper over Kirkland in 2015, hardly any development beyond JRM and Kirkland
DB: Justin Martin. DB coach fired for lack of development
S: Todd Kelly Jr's weight gain has caused him to be slower

The pattern that Butch has is poor development of his talent.

Reactions: 1 person
Top Wonderlic scores in NFL Combine history

1. 48 – Ryan Fitzpatrick (2005)
  2. 43 – Greg McElroy (2011)
  3. 43 – Jason Maas (1999)
  4. 42 – Blaine Gabbert (2011)
  5. 41 – Kevin Barnes (2009)
  6. 40 – Darrell Hackney (2006)
  7. 40 – Alex Smith (2005)
  8. 39 – Todd Husak (2000)
  9. 39 – Aaron Rodgers (2005)
  10. 39 – Eli Manning (2004)
  11. 38 – Matthew Stafford (2009)
  12. 38 – Matt Flynn (2008)
  13. 38 – Omar Jacobs (2006)
  14. 38 – Craig Krenzel (2004)
  15. 38 – Charlie Frye (2005)

Don't score above 40?

Reactions: 1 person
LB: Started Jumper over Kirkland in 2015, hardly any development beyond JRM and Kirkland

Training the players is a two-way street.

The ole lead a horse to water problem.

The only mis management I've heard of is the pay to play, that's not been proven, it's all sour grapes as far as I can tell.

Something has to be done about the injuries. Is it conditioning, is it the system we run, or is it both?

Are you bringing inside info to the table?

I'm not familiar with the Dobbs situation. Details please.

i'm not going to come out and defend Butch on this. what's happened has happened, and it's not really a point of debate in my mind. i don't think development has been sterling either, considering the overall talent up grade he brought in.

however, every position you isted, save 2, has new position coaches as a result. so either he's given credit for recognizing these same issues and trying to correct, or we just hang him, regardless of what happens next.

all there is now is an opportunity to see if these changes bring about the desired results. and we have to wait and see on that.

just, at this point anyway, you can't have a conversation on all the issues CBJ has had in this area (s&c added to that equation as well), and not at least acknowledge that he's done something to change that pattern.

will it work is the only question left to be answered.

i'm not going to come out and defend Butch on this. what's happened has happened, and it's not really a point of debate in my mind. i don't think development has been sterling either, considering the overall talent up grade he brought in.

however, every position you isted, save 2, has new position coaches as a result. so either he's given credit for recognizing these same issues and trying to correct, or we just hang him, regardless of what happens next.

all there is now is an opportunity to see if these changes bring about the desired results. and we have to wait and see on that.

just, at this point anyway, you can't have a conversation on all the issues CBJ has had in this area (s&c added to that equation as well), and not at least acknowledge that he's done something to change that pattern.

will it work is the only question left to be answered.

I think it's too little too late because recruiting has declined since 2014, and the great ones from that class left already.

Training the players is a two-way street.

The ole lead a horse to water problem.

The only mis management I've heard of is the pay to play, that's not been proven, it's all sour grapes as far as I can tell.

Something has to be done about the injuries. Is it conditioning, is it the system we run, or is it both?

Are you bringing inside info to the table?

I'm not familiar with the Dobbs situation. Details please.

I don't think our player's efforts are the problem. I think the injuries is not the system we run. Other teams run our system with much less injury.

The Dobbs situation would be considered with the QB development problems. No QB coach until Canales.

It's also position dependent too. I would say intelligence is required more at QB than RB. Many of the QBs that have awful Wonderlic scores (Jeff George, Chris Leak, Vince Young, and Paxton Lynch) have been big time NFL flops. If you can barely read a book, it would be hard to read a defense as well in the NFL.

The only big time flop in that group is Young. Leak was never considered a huge prospect anyway. While George didn't reach his full potential, he had some pretty decent years. Lynch hasn't been in the league long enough to form an opinion.

LOL

VN Store

Back