Alvin Kamara already developing into one of the leaders of our football team

Dear Lord Baby Jesus,
Please don't let DeBord mess up all of this talent. Also I hope we don't pass on the one yard line.
Amen

Reactions: 2 people
As much as I hate to say it, I loved the combo of Reggie Bush and Lendale White at USC. I really like the change of pace and different styles we can play with backs like Hurd and Kamara.

I think Hurd and Kamara is more like Marcus Allen and Charles White of 1978-1979 USC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special Ed View Post
That Kamara got a Hemi?

"Dobbs drops back, pump fakes, hands off to Hurd. Hurd goes up the middle and gets tackled for a 5-yard gain. Sorry, that was actually Allen Camaro. He went left and picked up 8 yards."

-Kesling

"WAIT A MINUUTTE...he's not down...to the 30, to the 20, to the 10, to the 5, and he's into the checkerboard! Touchdown, Alvin, that's Alvin Camaro, 48 yards!"

I honestly think defenses are gonna have a hard time with our offense. How do you stop Dobbs, Hurd, Kamara, and our wide receivers? I'm not saying we won't lose, but they're gonna give people fits.

Reactions: 1 person
I love hearing stuff like this, awesome, awesome news. This kid possesses all the skills to be an elite RB at this level. With Kamara on campus and wanting to be the "man", it will only help push Hurd to be better. I love Hurd, he's an awesome young back, plus he's from TN too, so that's an extra reason to love him. I don't know how I would feel about him becoming 2nd string behind Kamara, but it could potentially happen before it's all said and done. Obviously it wouldn't happen anytime soon, but after mid season, or next year, it could. Either way, were going to have a killer backfield and they'll probably get close to even carries, maybe 60/40 in Hurds favor. In my eyes the last good 1-2 combo we had was Houston and Riggs. They both rushed for over a thousand yards apiece in one season. I believe Hurd and Kamara will be better than them as individual players, and as a tandem too. WHAT SAY YE VOL NATION?

Last edited:
I love hearing stuff like this, awesome, awesome news. This kid possesses all the skills to be an elite RB at this level. With Kamara on campus and wanting to be the "man", it will only help push Hurd to be better. I love Hurd, he's an awesome young back, plus he's from TN too, so that's an extra reason to love him. I don't know how I would feel about him becoming 2nd string behind Kamara, but it could potentially happen before it's all said and done. Obviously it wouldn't happen anytime soon, but after mid season, or next year, it could. Either way, were going to have a killer backfield and they'll probably get close to even carries, maybe 60/40 in Hurds favor. In my eyes the last really good 1-2 combo we had was Houston and Riggs. They both rushed fir over a thousand yards apiece in one season. I believe Hurd and Kamara will be better than them. WHAT SAY YE VOL NATION?

I think they'll both be in the same backfield. Too bad Tennessee can't run the Veer that Georgia Tech does,the Vols would be unstoppable.

No disrespect to Lane, but it's going to be damn nice having two elite backs in the backfield.

Goin to be nice when we got two in the backfield . And two on the sideline waiting to come in that's just as good. It looks like that may be a short wait. Go CBJ and staff

I think they'll both be in the same backfield. Too bad Tennessee can't run the Veer that Georgia Tech does,the Vols would be unstoppable.

I'm sure we'll see some creative formations with both of them in the backfield together. I would like to see some Triple Option sets if it's not too hard to integrate into our offense. That would be extremely hard to stop when either Dobbs, Hurd, or Kamara could take the handoff, or Dobbs burn you throwing it deep to one of our many talented WRs.

Dave you are a good dude, but do we have to go over this again? No veer, no triple option, at least not as our offensive identity or philosophy.

He reminded me of Marcus Allen when he leaped over the pile at the goal line. His ability to cut and change directions remind me of Barry Sanders. I wonder if my expectations are a little high? :)

Not really. No mention of OJ, Dickerson, or Sweetness. Pretty conservative IMO. :birgits_giggle:

I'm sure we'll see some creative formations with both of them in the backfield together. I would like to see some Triple Option sets if it's not too hard to integrate into our offense. That would be extremely hard to stop when either Dobbs, Hurd, or Kamara could take the handoff, or Dobbs burn you throwing it deep to one of our many talented WRs.

Dobbs in the shotgun with Hurd and Kamara next to him. North and Croom lined up wide. Pig or Pearson in motion when the snap comes.

If the OL can block, that would be an extremely difficult offense to stop. Dobbs would have 5 options: Keep it, hand off to Hurd, hand off to Kamara, pitch it to Pig/Pearson, or throw it to the 2 WRs.

I wish UT had as good an offensive line as Johnnie did with Bill Mayo,Glenn Streno,Mike Furnas,Steve Knight and Raleigh McKenzie.

Yes, that was a pretty good line. But our's should be improved this year, and even better the next year.

Wrong brand!!!:realmad: sorry I'm a Mopar nut

Yes, I'm aware that the hemi engine is a Chrysler product, but I was going for comic effect based on automotive cross-mojination. For all I know, there may or may not be a real Chrysler/Chevy hybrid out there somewhere, but stranger things have happened in the world of automobiledom:

Mazda V8.jpg

Dobbs in the shotgun with Hurd and Kamara next to him. North and Croom lined up wide. Pig or Pearson in motion when the snap comes.

If the OL can block, that would be an extremely difficult offense to stop. Dobbs would have 5 options: Keep it, hand off to Hurd, hand off to Kamara, pitch it to Pig/Pearson, or throw it to the 2 WRs.

That would be an awesome formation too. Hopefully Debord isn't afraid to get creative from time to time.

Hope he stays for more than one year and I think him splitting carries with Hurd should help that. I think Kamara gets 600 yards rushing and Hurd gets 750 yds rushing. Dobbs rushing yds go down which is good. Also Kamara getting 400 yds recieving wouldn't surprise me either. So many weapons!!

Technically Kamara is healthier right now than Hurd. Both are very talented. It will be interesting to see how it plays out and who is named the starting tailback when the Fall dept chart is released.

Hurd will remain the starting RB during the season unless it gets to the point where Kamara is clearly the more talented and capable back. He would have to prove that during the season though. He will not jump Hurd on the depth chart during the spring or fall camps. It just won't happen.

I just want spring practice to start. Football is only about 5 months and 20 days away.

Hurd and AK are our Big Orange edition of smash and dash.

Hurd will pound them down and smash through to move the chains as he wears them out.

AK will make the shifty moves and dash through the D for big yards.

Smash and Dash...The perfect 2 headed RB monsters of the Tennessee Big Orange!

Add in Dobbs, our TE's and WR's and if our O line can improve enough then our O can become dangerous.

BEWARE...The Big Orange power of Smash and Dash is coming to a stadium near you soon!

#RiseToTheTop...VFL...GBO!!!

Rather than Smash n Dash, I'm hoping the nicknames Rocky and Bullwinkle catch on. We need moose and squirrel references. :)

:cray:I think Alvin has a clean history of injury. We have no depth without moving and experimenting. I hope Alvin can take enough of the load to help keep Jalen on the field.

VN Store

Back