Alvin Harper Jr.

OK Nostradamus, what will his 40 time be and can he catch a ball across the middle? Alvin Harper Sr made a poor decision when he left the Cowgirls thinking he was the first option. Michael Irvin and the rest of the league proved otherwise.

Hah ok bro. Thats the point we don't know yet, he's a sophomore in HIGH SCHOOL. Let the kid develop and check back with me in Feb 2015, how about that before we decide whether or not he's a take and deserves a scholarship today.

Reactions: 2 people
OK Nostradamus, what will his 40 time be and can he catch a ball across the middle? Alvin Harper Sr made a poor decision when he left the Cowgirls thinking he was the first option. Michael Irvin and the rest of the league proved otherwise.

No matter what the reason, leaving the cowboys is never a poor decision!

Reactions: 3 people

mad, he

This Alvin Harper Jr thread has started off as a train wreck. Someone should create a legit profile this thread can be merged in.

Reactions: 2 people
This Alvin Harper Jr thread has started off as a train wreck. Someone should create a legit profile this thread can be merged in.

tumblr_m3oovqY2aT1qii6tmo1_250.gif

WTF? Alvin Harper was an awesome Vol! Why bash him? Why bash his son? I hope his son ends up running a 4.3 and turns out to be 6'4". If he doesn't there have been some great shorter Vol receivers. TD Woods, JJ McClesky played a little offense. Hell, Price wasn't a tall receiver by any stretch.

I hope he is great! His father was a great Vol! I would love to cheer for him in Orange one day if everything works out. If he goes to Notre Dame, I'd still root for him as long as he wasn't playing the Vols.

Reactions: 3 people
I agree with this. Does anyone even know what the mail says? I know several people I played high school ball with who got mail from Alabama, Penn State, VT, Georgia, etc. who were barely better than a sack of potatoes and played nowhere in college.

I am not saying this is not a substantial, important correspondence or that Harper Jr. will not be a fantastic football player, but one piece of mail to a sophomore in high school shouldn't make CBJ go "Ole Miss" on him and send him 53 letters in one day, even if he is a legacy.

Exactly....1000's of these type letters go out to kids all over with never an offer being made.....means nothing really!!!!

First few posts seemed pointless, so I skipped the rest. Just wanted to say Alvin Harper is one of my all-time faves. After college, when he was with the Cowboys, I remember him running an option and throwing the ball like 40yds with his off-hand for a TD to Michael Irvin. Helluva play. I was hoping Hunter would be more like a Harper-type receiver. Run down the field and outjump everyone else for the ball. As I remember, Alvin had quite a highjump.

Yep- I'm a Steelers fan. Still followed Harper and remember a touchdown (game winner?) against the Redskins at RFK when Aikmen was a rook.

WTF? Alvin Harper was an awesome Vol! Why bash him? Why bash his son? I hope his son ends up running a 4.3 and turns out to be 6'4". If he doesn't there have been some great shorter Vol receivers. TD Woods, JJ McClesky played a little offense. Hell, Price wasn't a tall receiver by any stretch.

I hope he is great! His father was a great Vol! I would love to cheer for him in Orange one day if everything works out. If he goes to Notre Dame, I'd still root for him as long as he wasn't playing the Vols.

Not bashing Harper Sr. or his son. Just saying that Harper was never a #1 receiver- Irvin was and that's fact based on what Harper did after the Cowboys.

Harper Jr doesn't have the measures yet- speed, tape, etc. to warrant an offer.

I knew Todd Kirk growing up out of Pennington Gap, Va. Undersized center with a great heart and motor. Center on the '85 Sugar Bowl championship team. We gonna offer his son just 'cause it's a legacy Vol?

But... he was country mean and country strong! Nothing you could measure. Watch the Miami Sugar Bowl tape if its around.

Last edited:
Not bashing Harper Sr. or his son. Just saying that Harper was never a #1 receiver- Irvin was and that's fact based on what Harper did after the Cowboys.

Harper Jr doesn't have the measures yet- speed, tape, etc. to warrant an offer.

I knew Todd Kirk growing up out of Pennington Gap, Va. Undersized center with a great heart and motor. Center on the '85 Sugar Bowl championship team. We gonna offer his son just 'cause it's a legacy Vol?

But... he was country mean and country strong! Nothing you could measure. Watch the Miami Sugar Bowl tape if its around.

Hellz yeah!

Reactions: 1 person
Not when the 'boys were on top; it was a very poor D. Alvin never saw any notice again--then went on a rant somewhere --acted stupid. Don't remember the particulars, but I remember it happening. OH, I think it was when he got traded to the Saints, or dealt; and he showed up with an attitude, and the Saints said--See Ya. But we didn't, see Alvin again.

VN Store

Back