All Those Georgia Tears

That moment you realize your previous 10 win coach wasn't the problem in finding the elusive meaningful win, and the new 10 win coach reminds you of the old one.

13 wins......but who's counting?

UGA fans are still thinking of us, for some reason. Here’s the post from a thread entitled “An open letter to Tenn fans” (on their closed rivals forum):

Quote:

I have be perusing your forums and it's interesting to see your glee in UGA's loss. Fair enough. But understand this, you will be in a permanent battle for 3rd place in the SEC east with South Carolina for the next 5-10 years. Georgia is getting ready to begin a Bama-esc run for 10 years. Florida will challenge occasionally. You have none of the advantages of UF or UGA. You come from a poorer state, less populous state and a much smaller recruiting base than Georgia or Florida. Mullen is a good proven coach with a proven record and will now have double the resources he had at MSU. Your coach is unproven and may turn out to be a good coach. He will not be better than Mullen and certainly not Kirby who I predict will inherit the mantle of Saban as the next GREAT coach. Enjoy mediocrity.

Funny how an 0 - 8 conference team is so in their heads. Obviously, this is a fan who does not know the history of SEC football. UGA has had pretty much all the advantages outlined here but UT has always been the better program.

Whether DM or KS turns out to be a better coach than Pruitt is why they actually play the games. Only time will tell.

UGA is now heading into year 38 without a ring and that is a fact that is not in dispute.

Rocky Top.

Reactions: 1 person
It takes a special kind of stupid to start a thread mocking a team which beat our brains out and made it to the national championship game.

Yes, our fans are a special kind of delusional and should never wonder why we are far too often a laughingstock to the rest of the nation

Reactions: 2 people
UGA fans are still thinking of us, for some reason. Here’s the post from a thread entitled “An open letter to Tenn fans” (on their closed rivals forum):

Lol... Imagine how unbearable they would be had they won. Someone remind me what Ricky Bobby said about finishing second.

It takes a special kind of stupid to start a thread mocking a team which beat our brains out and made it to the national championship game.

Yes, our fans are a special kind of delusional and should never wonder why we are far too often a laughingstock to the rest of the nation

I bet you are fun at parties bruh.

Reactions: 4 people
Quote:

I have be perusing your forums and it's interesting to see your glee in UGA's loss. Fair enough. But understand this, you will be in a permanent battle for 3rd place in the SEC east with South Carolina for the next 5-10 years. Georgia is getting ready to begin a Bama-esc run for 10 years. Florida will challenge occasionally. You have none of the advantages of UF or UGA. You come from a poorer state, less populous state and a much smaller recruiting base than Georgia or Florida. Mullen is a good proven coach with a proven record and will now have double the resources he had at MSU. Your coach is unproven and may turn out to be a good coach. He will not be better than Mullen and certainly not Kirby who I predict will inherit the mantle of Saban as the next GREAT coach. Enjoy mediocrity.

Funny how an 0 - 8 conference team is so in their heads. Obviously, this is a fan who does not know the history of SEC football. UGA has had pretty much all the advantages outlined here but UT has always been the better program.

Whether DM or KS turns out to be a better coach than Pruitt is why they actually play the games. Only time will tell.

UGA is now heading into year 38 without a ring and that is a fact that is not in dispute.

Rocky Top.

UT has not sniffed a national title in 20 years. It really is not that impressive to point out that GA has not won a title in 38 years when they just played for one last night. Ask these 4 and 5 stars everyone is recruiting which program is more impressive. But then again, maybe they are impressed with a title from 20 years ago.

UT has not sniffed a national title in 20 years. It really is not that impressive to point out that GA has not won a title in 38 years when they just played for one last night. Ask these 4 and 5 stars everyone is recruiting which program is more impressive. But then again, maybe they are impressed with a title from 20 years ago.

I sense salt.

Reactions: 5 people
It got to be sucky to have an SEC title but lose the natty to another SEC team. Their SEC title now seems diminished.

Reactions: 2 people

so salty

UtOlzay.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
36fnjj.jpg
Quote:

Seriously folks....we are done.....and it was such a nice day until i read this..i am sad now....oh what to do? :sad:

Last edited:

Are you here because it hurts less here than it does on a UGA fan site?

And yes, UGA is my 2nd favorite CFB team. When those who say it can't be done are paying my mortgage, I'll listen.

Go Vols.

Reactions: 1 person

Annnnnd...at least we can show them a BCS National Championship trophy we won, even if it happened a few years before they were born. In your case, you can show them one from when their Dad was in college...or maybe just the really nice spot where you were going to put last nights' trophy...had you won it.

Oh, by the way, thanks for Coach Sherrer. He's gonna do good things here.

Go Vols.

Reactions: 3 people
To paraphrase a quote from American Gangster's Frank Lucas, I feel about as bad for UGA fans as they've ever felt for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
Remember when Cody blocked a kick to beat yall a few years ago, then they didn't call him for removing his helment. It feels like that but for a NC. Typical bama bull**** and breaks. That horseshoe will fall out of Sabans ass eventually. I know that opposing fan bases enjoy salty tears and all that mess, uga keyboard warriors would absolutely be doing it too. But those boys did a good job last night. Played their ass off and came up short. Players like Nick Chubb should be commended. That freshman qb for bama made some great plays on a big stage. Tip of the hat to him. He beat us. It is what it is. But laughing at uga for losing a close game last night is weak sauce. Nothing that happened last night was good for Tenn. That said, I think you will be getting two good coaches off the sidelines last night. Pruitt and Scherr are good coaches. You will be pleased. Now, flame away my friends.......:)

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back