All things STOCKS

Saying that it's illegal because it's not the "important people" doing it is the wrong attitude. I know that attitude will be espoused by the people who are accustomed to being important. They're going to be saying basically they suffered "Democracy in the hands of the wrong sort of people". The truth is, shorting is illegal most everywhere because people are a lot dumber than they think they are, and because lying works just as well as the truth if you're short.

I have no sympathy for the shorters, especially Left. Left is a truly, truly horrible person.

That said, the SEC's job is to regulate, and they might make a rule or two over this.

In the meantime, people can learn to avoid putting themselves in this position.
It's not the people trading it, it's the shorting firms that was shorting 30 to 40% of the float. That's what should be illegal. Same thing in AMC going on. When all the brokerages went down this morning it was to put restrictions in to protect "clients." It was to keep people from trading it to protect these huge firms so they don't lose Billions more.

I heard someone (cnbc) this morning say short interest was above 100%.
Did he mean greater than 60%? It has been my understanding that 60% is the maximum occasionally going slightly above.

GME hangs on to ridiculous gains until the shorts and the put and call writers are forced to cover. They are stubborn and well capitalized.

I've never traded an option/don't know them, but this kind of volatility has to drive up their price, no? It seems like that's the way the market would correct this.

It’s kind of crazy, but ever since I became a “trader”, I really haven’t given a damn about sports. I mean....it could also be because we suck.

UT's irrelevance for a decade plus has certainly opened up time for me to explore other hobbies. Not the worst trade off.

VN Store

Back