All things STOCKS

Picked up L3-Harris (LHX) at the open. It’s a little risky as Dems tend to neglect keeping the military in the best shape, but it’s already pulled back a bit. It’s also a tech heavy defense contractor. Even if spending is cut, it will eventually return. Cost savings from the merger should be starting to be realized. 22x p/e and 1.9% yield. Strategically important for national security.

Yea I think some people are going to get hammered in this stock. The trading has nothing to do with the actual value of the company. The target price is around $12/share and the trailing 12 month eps is -$4.22. Yet it is pricing in the $250 range. Just pure fantasy....
The people doing this think they're screwing someone but it's going to wind up being themselves. The MM will start taking new short positions at these idiotic prices and ride it back down to $5 when all the reddit bros realize $250 a share doesn't mean anything if you can't cash out.

Reactions: GoDucks349
Dot com bubble. Only this time every broker’s website isn’t crashing. Although Ameritrade was running awfully slow this morning.
I wouldn't even call this a dot com bubble. Some of those companies actually had upside. GME is a $4 stock and we have the financials to prove it.

Reactions: Carp
Dot com bubble. Only this time every broker’s website isn’t crashing. Although Ameritrade was running awfully slow this morning.

Agree, I sold SKT this morning once it touched $20. I may miss out on the next super short squeeze but pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.

In the last few minutes, the stock price of GME went up another $40 and my puts increased in value. I'm actually positive for the day with the stock price up $170 from close.

I wouldn't even call this a dot com bubble. Some of those companies actually had upside. GME is a $4 stock and we have the financials to prove it.

Similar in that equities are being bid up without financials to support them. Dot com only needed dot com in the name to make the names soar. I don’t know what the attraction is with GME but it’s similar in that there is an out of control mob bidding up the price. Same with EVs, crypto, work from home, COVID vaccines and testing. Same type of insanity or “irrational exuberance”.

Reactions: GoDucks349
Similar in that equities are being bid up without financials to support them. Dot com only needed dot com in the name to make the names soar. I don’t know what the attraction is with GME but it’s similar in that there is an out of control mob bidding up the price. Same with EVs, crypto, work from home, COVID vaccines and testing. Same type of insanity or “irrational exuberance”.
The attraction is a bunch of autists on reddit are "screwing hedge funds" by doing this. But they don't seem to grasp that when you and your friends bid a $4 stock up to $350 what goes up must come down. You can't get $350 unless you sell, and enough sells will start dropping the price which will snowball.

Reactions: Carp and GoDucks349
Yea I think some people are going to get hammered in this stock. The trading has nothing to do with the actual value of the company. The target price is around $12/share and the trailing 12 month eps is -$4.22. Yet it is pricing in the $250 range. Just pure fantasy....
True of many stocks these days. Pure gambling and attempted market manipulation (likely legal).

The attraction is a bunch of autists on reddit are "screwing hedge funds" by doing this. But they don't seem to grasp that when you and your friends bid a $4 stock up to $350 what goes up must come down. You can't get $350 unless you sell, and enough sells will start dropping the price which will snowball.
Do you really believe people with autism are doing this?

Hate to be the person that buys shares anywhere near this area. It's gonna fall extremely hard.

Hate to be the person that buys shares anywhere near this area. It's gonna fall extremely hard.
Same emotion that makes many people buy when a stock is going up. they think they are going to miss an opportunity to make real money. Often the same result.
I try to buy low. Doesn't always work out, and I buy too high. Happens to everyone. I believe?

The GME put pricing is unusual, but reflects that most are expecting a huge crash will soon be here. Today’s upward move is probably because yesterday pulled in a lot of shorters.

Reactions: VolAllen
Same emotion that makes many people buy when a stock is going up. they think they are going to miss an opportunity to make real money. Often the same result.
I try to buy low. Doesn't always work out, and I buy too high. Happens to everyone. I believe?

Yes I have been burned by that as well in my earlier days of trading. I also try to buy during low points, looking for trends that match up well. Still not heavily invested into anything at the moment. I'll be looking for something new to jump into in the coming days.

I'm sorry, but I really hope GME tanks. It's illegal what these people are doing and it is cancerous to the stock market. Hope the people involved in propping this up get the hammer brought down on them by the SEC.
Illegal? How?

They are destroying shorts who manipulate the market, always looking to crush the retail investor. I was happy to do my part with AMC and NAKD this morning. I somehow made a few grand on an otherwise bloody day.

Reactions: Orange_Vol1321
Saying that it's illegal because it's not the "important people" doing it is the wrong attitude. I know that attitude will be espoused by the people who are accustomed to being important. They're going to be saying basically they suffered "Democracy in the hands of the wrong sort of people". The truth is, shorting is illegal most everywhere because people are a lot dumber than they think they are, and because lying works just as well as the truth if you're short.

I have no sympathy for the shorters, especially Left. Left is a truly, truly horrible person.

That said, the SEC's job is to regulate, and they might make a rule or two over this.

In the meantime, people can learn to avoid putting themselves in this position.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but I really hope GME tanks. It's illegal what these people are doing and it is cancerous to the stock market. Hope the people involved in propping this up get the hammer brought down on them by the SEC.
It's not the people trading it, it's the shorting firms that was shorting 30 to 40% of the float. That's what should be illegal. Same thing in AMC going on. When all the brokerages went down this morning it was to put restrictions in to protect "clients." It was to keep people from trading it to protect these huge firms so they don't lose Billions more.

Reactions: Tri-CitiesVol
It's not the people trading it, it's the shorting firms that was shorting 30 to 40% of the float. That's what should be illegal. Same thing in AMC going on. When all the brokerages went down this morning it was to put restrictions in to protect "clients." It was to keep people from trading it to protect these huge firms so they don't lose Billions more.
So, hedge funds are being forced to liquidate to cover their shorts?

VN Store

Back