Alex Thomson - Wagner QB (Grad Transfer)

Not my place to share this. Would also give away who I am to a couple people on this board. With that being said, he comes from a power 5 program, but not with a ton of game experience.

You can tell me . I promise not to tell anyone.

Reactions: 5 people
Not my place to share this. Would also give away who I am to a couple people on this board. With that being said, he comes from a power 5 program, but not with a ton of game experience.

Just a shot in the dark, but could it possibly the one out of the U?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTVolax24 View Post

You can tell me . I promise not to tell anyone.

Same here. Post it real quick, then delete it in about a minute -- we'll both be looking for it...

Reactions: 2 people

His team pretty good or were they just okay at QB? If his team was good I’d bet on Kendall. I really hope it’s not Hunter Johnson...

Reactions: 1 person
First post says two years to play.

Like awarded.

Thanks. I missed that.

I’m just going to stfu from now on. I trust the staff.

Should also be noted that a solid 2018 season would help us quite a bit towards building our 2019 class. Kids want to play for winners naturally. We need to show significant progress.

He's one of the two potential QB transfers I was informed of, and mentioned in another chat. I believe it was the QB depth chart chat. I was told he has talent, but is clearly an unknown given where he has played.

Is he better than QD / JG? I have no idea, but I think it's quality depth with little downside and huge upside.

I would prefer the other potential transfer QB I have heard UT is speaking with.

Who is it? Or will you affirm it once it has already come out? Are you Trey Wallace?

I agree. Doesn’t look like he’s just going to look at 2018 as a rebuilding year and mark it down as year zero. He’s recruiting to fill immediate holes and win now.

I don't think you can wait. It seems the best coaches do well the first year and blow up the 2nd year and have recruits waiting in line. If his first year doesn't generate excitement it will take a lot longer to get where we want. Losing a recruit or 2 from next year will be worth it.

Almost 1000 rushing yards in two years and two game into a third. 5 yards/carry.

Do what? A td/interception playing in the NorthEast Conference, at the FCS level, translates to winning in the SEC? Think that may be putting the cart ever so slightly before the horse.

How about we slow our roll just a hair here. There’s a reason the kid is/was playing at that level. Let’s let him sign, get here and see what he can do before declaring that his TD/Int ratio at Wagner translates to him being a winning SEC qb. Whaddaya day?

And an NFL team drafting a QB from North Dakota State (FCS) with the second overall pick, making him their starter as a rookie, and who in his second year has led the team to the NFC Championship game...was a bad move.

Reactions: 8 people
And an NFL team drafting a QB from North Dakota State (FCS) with the second overall pick, making him their starter as a rookie, and who in his second year has led the team to the NFC Championship game...was a bad move.

There are always outliers and exceptions to the rule.

This is from an article about signing changes from a few months back:

Other prominent portions of the legislation include:

Limiting annual scholarships to 25: An important piece of this legislation is walk-ons who have not been enrolled for two years and transfers put on scholarship will count against a team’s 25-player class size limit for first-time financial aid agreements or a National Letter of Intents. A walk-one awarded a scholarship after two years on campus would not count against the limit. The aim of this is to reduce oversigning, greyshirt and blueshirt practices.

A signing limit exemption: If a signee becomes injured and must give up football, he would not count toward the signing class limit of 25. Previously, a program would not be allowed to replace a signee who is unable to continue playing football.

Sorry to keep asking this. for first-time financial aid agreements or a National Letter of Intents.

Is he a first time financial aid agreement for us or is he exempt because he was a first time financial aid agreement somewhere else?

VN Store

Back