Alex Thomson - Wagner QB (Grad Transfer)

I agree. I don't like the idea of a grad transfer QB.

JT needs a RS year and that leaves 2 scholly QB's. We were 1 snap from a walk on starting at QB last year. We need another QB for insurance if nothing else.

JT needs a RS year and that leaves 2 scholly QB's. We were 1 snap from a walk on starting at QB last year. We need another QB for insurance if nothing else.

Maybe that's all true, I just would rather not waste one of next years scholly's on an average qb that will be gone next year and may not even win the starting job. I agree that it is risky but most teams don't have to play more than 2 qbs in a year. And if we do our season is probably lost anyway and we may as well play JT.

Maybe that's all true, I just would rather not waste one of next years scholly's on an average qb that will be gone next year and may not even win the starting job. I agree that it is risky but most teams don't have to play more than 2 qbs in a year. And if we do our season is probably lost anyway and we may as well play JT.

I absolutely agree but I'm betting if they bring in a grad transfer it will be to compete for the starting job. Especially if it's Chryst. I'm one of the few that things JG will play well here with some real coaching. If it was Chryst he would definitely compete for #1. Not saying he wins it but he wouldn't transfer if it was just for depth purposes. I do think JP brings one in, just a matter of who it is.

I absolutely agree but I'm betting if they bring in a grad transfer it will be to compete for the starting job. Especially if it's Chryst. I'm one of the few that things JG will play well here with some real coaching. If it was Chryst he would definitely compete for #1. Not saying he wins it but he wouldn't transfer if it was just for depth purposes. I do think JP brings one in, just a matter of who it is.

I just don't think chryst is that good.

I just don't think chryst is that good.

He's definitely shown both sides. He's looked good at times and not so good others. Speight wouldn't be a bad option either. But the good side of Chryst is he's 11-2 as a starter and doesn't turn the ball over. There's double digit QB grad transfers this year so I'll be shocked if we don't bring one in.

Well hopefully Pruitt and Helton are making in-roads w Speight and Chryst. Both said they are not announcing until June.

VN Store

Back