Alcohol and walking

sofflavol

il kick u in the vols
What's the rule on walking around with beverages...of alcohol or beer? Is it a no go? Red cup ok?

Where? Inside the stadium or downtown? I always just put vodka or some kind of clear liquor in a water bottle. They say no bottles allowed from outside the stadium but I had mine in my hand and they didn't say a word.

On clinch ave lol in the parking lot...we're ready to start walking around but haven't finished our 12 pack or drinks..wanted to see what protocol is

Where? Inside the stadium or downtown? I always just put vodka or some kind of clear liquor in a water bottle. They say no bottles allowed from outside the stadium but I had mine in my hand and they didn't say a word.

Yes, drinking vodka from a water bottle......There's an AA meeting happening somewhere, bro.

Reactions: 5 people
Brown bag around town, red flag for a public intox. Zero on campus if not mistaken.

I recommend you get a fontain drink and make a liquor drink in it. Cheers

My suggestion is never walk around with glass, use a coozie to cover your can or a solo cup. Then just don't act stupid or be completely obvious right in front of a cop and you will be ok. Even if you are "caught" as long as you aren't causing a scene they will normally just tell you to pour it out.

Just my experience but use your own judgment and be smart.

At USC game my group walked to the stadium with a 6 pack for 4 people and they finished them. A Knoxville Police Officer told them "You have to pour that into a cup", and then he went back to protecting and serving by directing traffic around Circle park.

So they chugged them and tossed the cans in a garbage can. I agree with above comments, pour it in a cup and don't act stupid and you will be ok. must finish it in line before you go thru the turnstiles though.

I saw a guy at the vol walk standing right in front of a security guard holding a 6 pack and drinking out of a bottle. It seems to be a non-issue on campus. Always an awfully lot of alcohol blatantly out there for a dry campus. Just my observation though.

What's the rule on walking around with beverages...of alcohol or beer? Is it a no go? Red cup ok?

My rule is drink to you fall down, then have a friend :rock:to drag you to the car the law wont bother you as long as you are not driving. I saw a guy once fall about 10 feet flat on his back a cop ran to him to make sure he was alright the first thing the cop asked everybody there standing around him if he was driving, some dude spoke up and said no the cop said alright, and they stumble into the night I always wondered if he made it home alright.:unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Another good idea is just buy a bottle of coke from the stadium and chug half of it. Re-fill with Jack. You guys need any other alcoholic tips let me know

Another good idea is just buy a bottle of coke from the stadium and chug half of it. Re-fill with Jack. You guys need any other alcoholic tips let me know

Back when Cokes came in cups I would order one full of ice and 2/3 full of beverage. The looks I got! :)

Alcohol and walking?

Rule #1: The more you drink, the harder it is to walk.

Corollary to Rule #1: The more you drink, remembering Rule #1 becomes more difficult.

One of my roommates in college had a brother at Auburn. For one of the AU game one year he and a friend drove up. While tailgating, his friend got pretty far gone. He was standing with a can, no coozie being obnoxious. Cop walked up and told him to pour it out. He looked confused, poured it out, and reached into the cooler, grabbed another can and opened it. He got in some trouble, but as long as you're not being obnoxious you'll be fine.

Cops want to look the other way on gameday. You just have to give the chance because they also have to do their jobs.

A police officer that is a close friend of mine told me this good advice. He said officers are trained that if they have suspicion that ur drinking alcohol out of whatever container you use, they will tell you..if there is alcohol in there pour it out.....my friend said never pour it out! Otherwise they will charge you with public intoxication or whatever those charges are. If you don't pour it out they can do nothing.

Walk the strip and then walk into the stadium holding a six pack or have a fifth in your jacket. Tomorrow or after your 5 hour expense paid 'relaxation cell' adventure report back to us your experience. Will make for some good reading and commenting. Appreciate it.

VN Store

Back