Alaska Is Now 4th State To Legalize Weed Use

Although I agree their approach is better than ours, I would caution expecting similar results. There would inevitably be different implementation and we are a different culture. Similar to why people who point to healthcare and education elsewhere fail to take into account how differences here would affect the outcome of similar programs here.

It may not be a perfect match, but like you said, it can't be worse than our current policies.

I'm sure legalization will have its issues that we will have to work through, but the current system has been such an overwhelming failure from so many different angles, that I'm certain legalization will be an improvement

Reactions: 1 person
It may not be a perfect match, but like you said, it can't be worse than our current policies.

I'm sure legalization will have its issues that we will have to work through, but the current system has been such an overwhelming failure from so many different angles, that I'm certain legalization will be an improvement

I am obviously for legalization. I just don't believe it will go like it has in Portugal.

It's not a failure if you have a stake in privately owned prisons.

That farmer is full of crap. Legal weed is always a higher grade, therefor it comes at a higher price. Here in Middle Tennessee, mid grade will cost you $600/lb. at the very least on the black market. Heck, the pharmaceutical grade stuff they sale in legal states costs $20.00/gram here. Every harvest they would be losing thousands of dollars that they invested just in starting up each crop cycle if it only sold for $17/lb.

I talked to him today. The $17/lb is his margin not what it sells for.

Personally, I'm curious how legalization will effect the specialty market. I'm sure certain strains are far more profitable than others, but at the same time, I'm guessing more money goes into their growth to prevent cross-contamination and unwanted hybridization. We need a botanist to break this stuff down for us.

Seriously, marijuana and the variety of strains that exist are ripe for more medical experimentation. I think the surface has barely been scratched on truly studying the medicinal effects, as I don't believe one strain is enough to truly represent the entirety. From personal past experience, I can attest that different strains create a different kind of high, which suggests to me parts of the brain being stimulated in different ways. I'm no scientist, but I do believe it warrants further study.

TN will be one of the last states to ever legalize it I'm afraid. You know how Southern states are about stuff like this. Florida doesn't count though.

Yeah, FL isn't the south. Trust me, I live there. The farther south you go, the farther north you are until you hit Calle Ocho in Miami when you will ave reached Cuba.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back