Alaska Is Now 4th State To Legalize Weed Use

Holy ****. What a compelling rebuttal.

I think you and Nancy need to start your own thread and exchange "ideas" on the subject while sipping your Coors light through a straw. It'd be more worthy of your time than these threads.

"Run its course..." I don't even know where to begin on how dumb that sounds. You hint as though it will eventually end in disaster when, in fact, no degree of marijuana decriminalization has led to any sort of calamity.

It's like people don't remember that this "experiment" of having legal MJ hasn't previously been tried from about day 1 until about 1940. Who wants to go back to those horrible days of reefer crazed maniacs killing people and black men, high on hemp, mating with white women?

I agree with all the knuckledraggers: we need to nip this in the bud!

(Did I do that right, McDad?)

Reactions: 3 people
It's like people don't remember that this "experiment" of having legal MJ hasn't previously been tried from about day 1 until about 1940. Who wants to go back to those horrible days of reefer crazed maniacs killing people and black men, high on hemp, mating with white women?

I read that last bit of the paragraph in Uncle Ruckus' voice. If you don't know, then youtube it.

But careful, you're in danger of being a testy twerp bartender if you call those dumb****s out on the nonsense they spew.

Reactions: 2 people

Nicely done. I cannot improve upon it so I'll just leaf it alone.

state-legalized pot is a relatively new experiment, and in states where it's legal, even it's biggest advocates admit there are still hurdles to clear and problems to resolve. I'm perfectly content to see them work out the issues and learn from them.

whatever you think that hints at, you sure get wound up about it. such a testy little twerp you are

No it's not. Criminilization is a far newer construct that legalization

Reactions: 1 person
No it's not. Criminilization is a far newer construct that legalization

Then it should be easy to unfurl. But it isn't. Legalization within the current structure of laws in this nation is an evolving process. Despite what Dinky thinks, only 1 year in, and for all Colorado's successes, they are still dealing with their humps.

Then it should be easy to unfurl. But it isn't. Legalization within the current structure of laws in this nation is an evolving process. Despite what Dinky thinks, only 1 year in, and for all Colorado's successes, they are still dealing with their humps.

CO has been doing this for far more than a year, Missy.

So are the states bordering Colorado.

About 200 bucks an ounce, depending on where you're at. One requires membership, sort of like a co-op.

I did not know that. Which business model is more profitable in your opinion? Dispensaries or retail?

I suggest everyone look into what Portugal has done regarding drugs. At one time 1% of the population was an addict. Since decriminalizing drugs, including the hard stuff like heroin, they have seen a huge drop in use. They focus on rehab and getting abusers to rejoin society. Really interesting stuff. Even the people in government who were adamantly against this approach now admit it's worked.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I suggest everyone look into what Portugal has done regarding drugs. At one time 1% of the population was an addict. Since legalizing/decriminalizing drugs, including the hard stuff, like heroin they have seen a huge drop in use. They focus on rehab and getting abusers to rejoin society. Really interesting stuff. Even the people in government who were adamantly against this approach now admit it's worked.

Although I agree their approach is better than ours, I would caution expecting similar results. There would inevitably be different implementation and we are a different culture. Similar to why people who point to healthcare and education elsewhere fail to take into account how differences here would affect the outcome of similar programs here.

Although I agree their approach is better than ours, I would caution expecting similar results. There would inevitably be different implementation and we are a different culture. Similar to why people who point to healthcare and education elsewhere fail to take into account how differences here would affect the outcome of similar programs here.
Agreed

I suggest everyone look into what Portugal has done regarding drugs. At one time 1% of the population was an addict. Since decriminalizing drugs, including the hard stuff like heroin, they have seen a huge drop in use. They focus on rehab and getting abusers to rejoin society. Really interesting stuff. Even the people in government who were adamantly against this approach now admit it's worked.

I agree. I like many of their programs I've heard of. They will actually give small doses of herion to addicts to help them get back to the workforce

VN Store

Back